The official, "Remember this?" thread

Drtooth

Reaction score
Okay! Here's an idea! Everytime you can't THINK of a classsic Sesame Street sketch (or want to reminice) just post it on this thread here.

my questions: Was there ever an episode in which a fat blue anything muppet was telling a Japanese tale kabuki syle? I saw this picture on a wallpaper, look at the most bottom right corner . I just saw it and it looks familiar.

Remember an animated skit in which an old man talks about bones, and he wonders what would happen if he didn't have any, and says, "BUT I STILL LOVE MY BONES!!!"

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
hmm. not sure bout the japanese dude by i have a few remember this's.

Remember "School In The Afternoon"?

Remember when the two headed monster went shopping for shoes and made a big mess and the manager was having a fit well they were just crackin up?

Remember "Lifestyles Of The Big & The Little"?

Remember when there was a party or something and Oscar kept JUMPING out of his can, up to the ceiling, then landing back into the can and then Maria and Luis made him stop?

Remember that Sesame Street special with a segment where Bob was singing "The People In Your Neiborhood" and his sweater came apart at the end? i have no idea how they thought of that.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Let's see if we can't help you out, Drtooth.
1 I remember a vague memory about the scene you describe. Probably it's a sketch where this "fat blue" AM you're talking about told a story about a Japanese heir to the throne. In order to inherit the throne and become emperor, he had to study a large mural painting and find four hidden dragon images before sunrise. When the young prince's tutor returned in the morning, the pupil found all four dragons and claimed his throne.
2 The sketch you describe seems to be one where a man with a deep-sounding voice, not unlike Ed McMahon but a little different, talks about what it would be like to live without your bones. He removed his skeleton and started to roll around like a jelly roll. At the end, he placed his skeletal system back in place and said "but I still love my bones!"
Hope this helps.

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
Originally posted by The Count
1 I remember a vague memory about the scene you describe. Probably it's a sketch where this "fat blue" AM you're talking about told a story about a Japanese heir to the throne. In order to inherit the throne and become emperor, he had to study a large mural painting and find four hidden dragon images before sunrise. When the young prince's tutor returned in the morning, the pupil found all four dragons and claimed his throne.
B]

vague memory?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by The Count
YES!! YES!!! That's exactly it. I forgot completely about that until I saw the wallpaper. Thanks ever so much, Count! Vonderful scene of perception..ah ha ha...

The second one (I STILL LOVE MY BONES!!!!) I saw recently on Plaza Sesamo. I swear it was MUCH funnier in english because of the I STILL... line.

PNP: School in the afternoon was a classic, the Two headed monster shoe thing was great, and Lifestyles is on the tip of my brian, but I can't remember anything but a dot splashing in the tub, and a Giant putting on slippers.

The "People in your neighborhood" skit you mentioned is from the 20th aniversary special, (Put Down the Duckie) and featured a famous tennis Player (who's name I forgot), Barbara Walters, and Ralph Nader. Ralph was pulling off Bob's sweater...

Bob says that his aunt or something knitted it for him, then Ralhp wanted to know if it's been tested. He pulls off the buttons, and rips off one of the sleaves, and notes it as defective.

Remember The Letter N, by Normal Nick and the Normatics? Saw it on plaza Sesamo (it worked, because the same words in spanish still start with N).

the lyrics are here.. members.tripod.com/Tiny_Dancer/lettern.html

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
Originally posted by Drtooth

The "People in your neighborhood" skit you mentioned is from the 20th aniversary special, (Put Down the Duckie) and featured a famous tennis Player (who's name I forgot), Barbara Walters, and Ralph Nader. Ralph was pulling off Bob's sweater...
[/url]
isnt ralph nader prejudice against anarchists or something?

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
Originally posted by punkNpuppets
Remember "School In The Afternoon"?
Martha?
Yes, Dwayne?
I love school, Martha.
Dwayne?
Yes, Martha?
I love school, too.

LOL :big_grin:
Remember when the two headed monster went shopping for shoes and made a big mess and the manager was having a fit well they were just crackin up?
I saw that recently. Did Jim Henson do the manager's voice?
Remember "Lifestyles Of The Big & The Little"?
Who could forget good ol' Dickie Tick? :big_grin:

BlueAM

Reaction score
Drtooth, I do believe that that "famous tennis player" was Martina Navratilova. My mom taped me that special when I was little.

Also, does anyone know what Dickie Tick looks like? (All I know is is that he's purple.)

And does anyone know what Nick Normal and the Nickmatics looked like?

Thanks!

BlueAM
"Life is not all shoot-shoot."- Inspector Clouseau

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
Originally posted by BlueAM
Also, does anyone know what Dickie Tick looks like? (All I know is is that he's purple.)
Actually, he's orange, with short gray hair.