The Official Theater/Broadway Lovers Thread

MissMusical12

Reaction score
So, Muppet Central, are there any Broadway/Theater Lovers on here? Well, I am! :smile: Anyone seen a Broadway show (or two or three)? Anyone do acting? (school drama clubs, community theater, etc.) Got a favorite Broadway actor? Got a favorite Broadway show? Discuss all things involving theater and the Broadway community on here! :halo:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I was fortunate enough to see several Broadway shows over the years. It's always a lot of fun and it did help inspire me to get into acting in school and auditions more recently. I often consider Cats my favorite but ironically I was never able to see it on Broadway. :cry: Perhaps some day it will be revived (everything else is right? :wink: )

MissMusical12

Reaction score
I often consider Cats my favorite but ironically I was never able to see it on Broadway. :cry: Perhaps some day it will be revived (everything else is right? :wink: )
Did you see the video movie version of Cats?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Did you see the video movie version of Cats?
Yup, that's how I got into it. My friend showed it to me in High School and I became quite the loyal/obsessed fan for awhile, lol. I loved Mr. Mistoffelees and Mungojerrie. :halo: From there I bought the original Broadway soundtrack and also the original London soundtrack on my trip to Ireland.

MissMusical12

Reaction score
Yup, that's how I got into it. My friend showed it to me in High School and I became quite the loyal/obsessed fan for awhile, lol. I loved Mr. Mistoffelees and Mungojerrie. :halo: From there I bought the original Broadway soundtrack and also the original London soundtrack on my trip to Ireland.
What other shows have you seen?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
What other shows have you seen?
Let's see...

Secret Garden
A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum
My Fair Lady
Anything Goes
Crazy for You
Annie Get Your Gun
Jane Eyre
The Civil War
Pygmalion
A Christmas Carol with Patrick Stewart
Ring Around the Moon
The Scarlet Pimpernel
The Producers
42nd Street
Into the Woods
Spamalot
Young Frankenstein
The Lion King

They were all great, never had a bad time. But my personal favorites were My Fair Lady, The Scarlet Pimpernel and The Producers. All gorgeous music and very funny. The Lion King I saw most recently and I have to say I loved it even more than the cartoon version. I was actually crying at many parts, such a moving story!

MissMusical12

Reaction score
Let's see...

Secret Garden
A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum
My Fair Lady
Anything Goes
Crazy for You
Annie Get Your Gun
Jane Eyre
The Civil War
Pygmalion
A Christmas Carol with Patrick Stewart
Ring Around the Moon
The Scarlet Pimpernel
The Producers
42nd Street
Into the Woods
Spamalot
Young Frankenstein
The Lion King

They were all great, never had a bad time. But my personal favorites were My Fair Lady, The Scarlet Pimpernel and The Producers. All gorgeous music and very funny. The Lion King I saw most recently and I have to say I loved it even more than the cartoon version. I was actually crying at many parts, such a moving story!
Lucky you! I've seen.......
Wicked (Hopefully, if I make High Honor Roll second marking period, I'll be able to see it again)
Phantom of The Opera
Mamma Mia!
Finian's Rainbow
West Side Story
Promises, Promises (with Sean Hayes and Kristin Chenoweth, in previews)
Jersey Boys (twice)
In The Heights (with Corbin Bleu)
The Addams Family (twice)
Chicago
American Idiot (with Billy Joe Armstrong, exactly ONE week before the show closed)
Follies (with Bernadette Peters)
How To Succeed In Business Without Really Trying (with Nick Jonas)
Chaplin

I can't say I have a favorite, favorite show. It all depends on my mood. But the shows I'm dying to see are Book of Mormon, Avenue Q (off-Broadway) and Once. (And Phantom of The Opera one more time. :flirt:)

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Lucky you! I've seen.......
Wicked (Hopefully, if I make High Honor Roll second marking period, I'll be able to see it again)
Phantom of The Opera
Mamma Mia!
Finian's Rainbow
West Side Story
Promises, Promises (with Sean Hayes and Kristin Chenoweth, in previews)
Jersey Boys (twice)
In The Heights (with Corbin Bleu)
The Addams Family (twice)
Chicago
American Idiot (with Billy Joe Armstrong, exactly ONE week before the show closed)
Follies (with Bernadette Peters)
How To Succeed In Business Without Really Trying (with Nick Jonas)
Chaplin

I can't say I have a favorite, favorite show. It all depends on my mood. But the shows I'm dying to see are Book of Mormon, Avenue Q (off-Broadway) and Once. (And Phantom of The Opera one more time. :flirt:)
Wow, awesome! Yeah I always wanted to see Wicked, that's another one that got away, lol. How was Chaplin btw?

MissMusical12

Reaction score
Wow, awesome! Yeah I always wanted to see Wicked, that's the one that got away, lol. How was Chaplin btw?
Pretty good. The plot was definitely the strongest aspect of the show. (The second act is a lot better than the first, though. The first had moments where it did kinda drag.) The costumes are clever (as all the costumes are in black and white). The choreography is great. The set is incredible, and clever at times, too. The orchestration is incredible, especially during one instrumental part of a song in the first act (That's been stuck in my head for,like, a while now.) The sung songs are okay, but not very memorable (except for "All Falls Down," which is in the second act. That was the best song in the show). Rob McClure is INCREDIBLY GENUINE as Charlie Chaplin! He is really amazing. A shame the show is closing next Sunday........:cry:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Pretty good. The plot was definitely the strongest aspect of the show. (The second act is a lot better than the first, though. The first had moments where it did kinda drag.) The costumes are clever (as all the costumes are in black and white). The choreography is great. The set is incredible, and clever at times, too. The orchestration is incredible, especially during one instrumental part of a song in the first act (That's been stuck in my head for,like, a while now.) The sung songs are okay, but not very memorable (except for "All Falls Down," which is in the second act. That was the best song in the show). Rob McClure is INCREDIBLY GENUINE as Charlie Chaplin! He is really amazing. A shame the show is closing next Sunday........:cry:
Cool, thanks for the review, maybe I'll look for the soundtrack.

Have you ever heard the Forbidden Broadway CDs? They're so hilarious, lol.