1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppet Guys Talking" Debuts On-line
    Watch the inspiring documentary "Muppet Guys Talking", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppet release of the year.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

The Official Top 10 Anything...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Greengables95, Sep 8, 2012.

1. Flaky Pudding

Flaky Pudding Well-Known Member

Top 10 Star Wars Creatures:

In honor of the Porgs:Star Wars' newest creature, I figured I would make this list.

1. Yoda
    2. The Banthas (I've always thought they were cool looking)
    3. Wookies
    4. Ewoks
    6. The Rancor monster (Another awesome looking creature)
    7. Salacious Crumb (The little guy who always sits next to Jabba the Hutt, for those who don't know who I'm talking about)
    8. Tauntauns
    9. The Wampa Beast
    10. A lot of those weird background things that show up during the famous bar scene (There's some very creative, unique character designs in that scene)
  2. Flaky Pudding

Top 10 Super Smash Flash 2 Characters:

NOTE:These are ranked by the ones I enjoy playing the most, not as overall favorites (In case your wondering why Mario isn't on here)

1. Kirby
    2. Monkey D. Luffy
    3. Black Mage
    4. Yoshi
    5. Goku
    6. Bowser
    7. Bandana Dee
    8. Sonic and Tails
    9. Naruto
    10. Lloyd Irving
    MikaelaMuppet likes this.
  3. Flaky Pudding

Considering I just got the Robot Chicken Seasons 3 DVD recently and rewatched it today, I figured I might as well list my top 10 my favorite moments while they are still fresh in my mind (although some are so awesome, I'll probably never forget them)

The Top 10 Best Robot Chicken Season 3 Skits

1. Mumm-Ra from Thundercats becoming Mrs. Doubtfire
    2. The Star Wars Jedi gang having a very awkward dinner with Lando, Boba Fett, and Darth Vader (BA-BOOM! ALDERAAN CHUNKS EVERYWHERE! That line gets me every time lol)
    3. The Fraggle Rock meets Watership Down parody
    4. Link rescuing Zelda, but then realizing how ridiculous princess stereotypes really are
    5. Sonic the Hedgehog running into a spikey wall in a very bloody fashion
    6. Boo-Boo Bear becoming Rambo
    7. The host from Where In Time is Carmen Sandiego? having a serious freakout on the air after receiving a breakup text from his girlfriend
    8. She-Ra going crazy after being visited by her "Aunt Flo"
    9. Bob the Builder being visited by the Mafia
    10. The Mythbusters tackling some very inappropriate myths made up by immature college students

Honorable Mentions:

-The 1776 trailer where George Washington basically becomes an action movie character
    -The Sleestaks making the hideous "Sshhhhhhh" sound after one of them gets a loud phone call at the library
    -Pac-Man crossing over with The Matrix
    -The rapper Sir-Mix-A-Lot visiting King Arthur
    -Richie Rich becoming a spoiled rich brat and starring on a reality show
    -Soundwave, the Boombox Transformer realizing how outdated he is and then getting sold on Ebay
    -In Pursuit of Happy Days starring Fonzie as Will Smith
    -Skeletor going through a crisis after finally killing He-Man
    -A little girl yelling "Run forest run!" after three Ents from Lord of the Rings walk by
  4. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

Top ten celebrities who I wish were guest stars on Muppets Tonight (most of them are people I wanted to be guests at the time, I'll also list a few I know I was a big fan of who I'm unsure whether I specifically desired to be guests):
    10. Bob Newhart
    9. Jaheel White
    8. Tim Allen
    7. Christopher Lloyd
    6. Michael J. Fox
    5. Henry Winkler
    4. Jim Varney
    3. Robin Williams
    2. Weird Al Yankovic
    1. Jim Carrey
  5. vettech28

vettech28 Well-Known Member

Top 10 favorite Muppet Christmas projects (updated):
    1. Emmet Otter’s Jug-Band Christmas
    2. A Muppet Family Christmas
    3. The Bells of Fraggle Rock
    4. Christmas Eve on Sesame Street
    5. John Denver and The Muppets: A Christmas Together
    6. A Muppet Christmas Carol
    7. Elmo Saves Christmas
    8. A Muppets’ Christmas: Letters to Santa
    9. A Berry Bear Christmas
    10. Once Upon a Sesame Street Christmas
  6. minor muppetz

Top ten episodes of The Goldbergs:
    10. Kara-Te Kid
    9. Jackie Likes Star Trek
    8. Holy K.I.T.T.
    7. Hogan is my Grandfather
    6. Goldberg's Never Say Die
    5. Weird Al
    4. The Spencer's Gifts
    3. Barry Goldberg's Day Off
    2. 12 Tapes for One Penny
    1. The Other Smother
  7. muppetgem

muppetgem Well-Known Member

Top 10 cutest Pokemon:

10. Jigglypuff
    9. Eevee
    8. Teddiursa
    7. Deerling
    6. Chespin
    5. Pachirisu
    4. Minun and Plusle (tied)
    3. Emolga
    2. Pikachu (the obvious choice)
    1. Dedenne

Honorable mentions: Charmander, Squirtle, Pichu, Ledyba, Mudkip, Spheal, Skitty, Minccino, Espurr, Fennekin, Buneary, Bunnelby, Rowlet
  8. Flaky Pudding

Top 5 Worst Robot Chicken Episodes:

I'm only going to top 5 because honestly, there are very few episodes of this show I consider to be outright terrible. Even the ones on the list have their fair share of redeeming qualities.

1. Massage Chair - As a whole, this episode wasn't too bad. It had quite a few memorable funny skits in there (George W. Bush becoming a jedi, Lassie attacking someone, monkeys being shot into space, etc.). But the one thing that ruined this episode for me was that awful sketch about the Snuggles Softener Bear. For those who don't know, back in the show's edgier teen years they aired a somewhat controversial sketch about the Snuggles softener bear getting sexually assaulted. Personally, it is one of the few skits that have literally made me want to throw up. If they had left that one scene out of it, I'd be okay with the episode but that vomit inducing, extremely cringeworthy bit is enough to ruin the rest of it for me.

2. Botched Jewel Heist - Again, the episode in general was completely fine. However, there were two skits that bugged me really bad. The first one was a scene where they showed Jesus being crucified and then shooting lasers out of his cross and yelling,
    "YOU JUST ****D WITH THE WRONG JEW!". Normally the Jesus skits don't bother me on this show, but that one is just wrong on so many levels. The other skit was called Scary Movie for People with Heart Conditions. It started out with a kitten sneezing, I thought it would be ironically funny if they stopped it there but they took a step further and showed a giant monster popping up out of nowhere and killing the kitten while screaming like a banshee. Yeah, they basically just jump scared their audience. I don't know if this was supposed to be a Halloween episode or what but the fact that they advertised it as "scary movie for people with heart conditions" made it seem a bit mean spirited to me. It definitely startled me the first time I saw it, I don't even have heart problems. I could only imagine what would happen if an old lady happened to stumble upon that skit while flipping through channels late at night. If they had kept the "for people with heart conditions" part out of the title, I wouldn't be saying this but that made it come across as insensitive.

3. Slaughterhouse on the Prairie - The title is seriously the only part of this episode I found funny. The majority of skits were either confusing, offensive, or just plain weird. For example, one skit showed a bunch of people cooing at a baby in a hospital. I thought it was cute at first and actually smiled for a second until a nurse came over and put a blanket over the baby's head implying that it had died. Seriously, who laughs at that!? Another awful sketch was Intensive Care Bears which seems like it could've easily been on Family Guy. The skit was about Care Bears being made to help children with severe disabilities. Mocking people with disabilities isn't funny, it's just plain rude! The other reason this episode is one of my least favorites is because while I'd come to expect them to parody obscure things from time to time, I was kind of surprised they parodied a local access show. They did a skit about The Magic Garden which was a 1970s local access show exclusive to the New York area. The reason I was so shocked is because nobody that lives outside of New York would have any idea what that is supposed to be referencing. I live in Indiana and I know plenty of people who watch Robot Chicken, if they had seen that episode I'm sure pretty much everyone in my neck of the woods would be confused as to what the heck they are doing. Obscure stuff is one thing, but at least stick to things that anyone in America could see!

4. That Hurts Me - The reason this is at the bottom of this list is because one brief scene is what turned me off from the episode. It was a parody of Batman featuring the characters as monkeys. The sketch over all was really clever and well written but the very end of the sketch always grosses me out. It ends with Batmonkey throwing feces at the Monkey Joker and guess what the Joker does? He LICKS it!! That is absolutely disgusting. Oh, the toilet jokes don't even end there. Earlier on in the same skit, they show Monkey Robin drinking his own pee. Yeah, I can take toilet humor but that is on a whole new level of disgusting. Only a 10 year old would laugh at that!

5. Celebutard Mountain - This episode just felt weak and uncreative compared to the other far superior ones. It feels almost like the writers weren't in the right mindset when they wrote this episode out because they totally lost their mojo this time around. Pretty much every sketch ends in death, which being an HTF fan and all, can sometimes be funny but it almost gets repetitive and boring on a show that I've come to expect more clever humor from. There was a Jesus skit in this episode which actually, has nothing to do with the reason it's on this list. Despite the controversy it caused, I saw that sketch to be a comment on how modern television shows and movies will often fictionalize history rather than making fun of Jesus (Abe Lincoln:Vampire Hunter, anyone?). But over all, this one just seemed to be a bit lackluster and missed many opportunities for good jokes. There was however one extremely funny skit that didn't end in a bloody mess. It was a mashup sketch called In Pursuit of Happy Days featuring Fonzie playing Will Smith's character from the original movie. It ends with a really clever scene of him jumping a shark. If anything, that was the episode's saving grace. That was just so clever that I could no longer hate the episode upon seeing that.
  9. Old Thunder

Old Thunder Well-Known Member

Holy crap, you realize this is a Buckethead album right?
  10. Flaky Pudding

Had no idea
  11. Twisted Tails

Twisted Tails Well-Known Member

My Top 10 Favorite TV Intros

10. Gravity Falls

I will watch the show someday after I complete my spring semester.

9. My Little Pony - Friendship Is Magic

I grew up with this show. It got me out of depression and this show got me less pessimistic.

8. Inspector Gadget

Funny enough I really loved this how as a kid. It was wacky but had some good moments too. The theme song though is pretty amazing.

7. Animaniacs

Wait Steven Spielberg did this cartoon? Ironically I heard this theme song before. I barely remember watching this cartoon but my goodness I love that theme song. It feels it has Merry Melodies theme to it but wow it is so catchy. I will check it out someday. It sounds like a pretty cool show.

6. Star Vs the Forces of Evil (Intro and the End Theme)
  12. Twisted Tails

My Top 10 Favorite TV Intros (continued)

5. Teen Titans (2003-2006)

I really miss this show. I remember some parts of the show but not all of it. Yeah I researched that this amazing cartoon got canned by Cartoon Network and it abruptly ended with a cliffhanger. "Sighs" I hope that CN will get gives season 6 and 7 in the future. That show did air around the early twenty-first century era... oh man I miss the cartoons that had creativity and depth to them.

4. The Powderpuff Girls

Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh! I love this show. It kicks butt! Okay I know some people are going to get salty on me if I did not put this to number #1 but I really grew up this show. Aa a kid, I loved Blossom, Bubbles and Buttercup and I was always into those superheroes, but as an adult oh-ho it's the villains that make me love the show even more. Mojo Jojo is one of my favorite villains, but the only villain I don't like is Princess Morbucks. She is annoying and bratty and I see her as a bully. If you haven't watched it, go check it out. It's really an awesome cartoon!

3. Kim Possible

2. The Simpsons

1. DuckTales (the reboot version)
  13. BlakeConor14

BlakeConor14 Well-Known Member

Haven't you seen Duck dodgers because that is one **** of a intro for a cartoon
    muppetgem likes this.
  14. BlakeConor14

15. Twisted Tails

Nope! I have seen a Chuck Jones cartoon short from Looney Tunes called, "Duck Dodgers in the 24 and a half Century" but sadly I did not grow up with the cartoon TV series called Duck Dodgers.
  16. minor muppetz

Top ten things I hope the Back to the Future comic book series will show some day:
    10. The Western Union people dealing with having to keep Doc's message AND deliver it in 1955 (and maybe also them keeping Clara's letter from the second comic book storyarc for so long)
    9. Adapt the original screenplay for Back to the Future Part II (when it was titled "Number Two") into a comic
    8. The original timeline before Marty first traveled back in time
    7. The people of 1885 "finding out" that "Clint Eastwood" died into the ravine
    6. Some more backstory on Mr. Strickland
    5. Doc entering 1885
    4. Marty's life in boarding school in the 1985-A timeline
    3. Buford Tannen's relationship with Seamus McFly
    2. The timeline where Marty gets into an automobile accident
    1. George and Biff's lives in the good timeline
  17. Flaky Pudding

Considering there have officially been 10 episodes of Robot Chicken this season. I figured that now would be the perfect time to rank the new ones in this thread:

1. Freshly Baked:Santa's Pot Cookie Freakout - This episode was weird. I honestly was a bit put off by it. The main thing that I found off putting was the fact that it went WAY off from Robot Chicken's usual format. It had an actual story this time, what the heck!? The dream sequences and hallucinations Santa had were more weird and creepy than funny and I don't like how they made this episode a musical. I like the occasional song skit but I've never been a fan of musicals in general because constant singing for no reason has a tendency to get on my nerves. On the other hand, there were quite a few jokes I liked in this episode. Krampus's song was by far the funniest in my opinion. Who would even think about making Krampus of all characters do a song and dance number? That's hilarious!

2. Hey, I Found Another Sock - Epic! Awesome! Amazing! Hilarious! There are a number of adjectives I could use to describe this episode, and they are all extremely positive. This one from beginning to end was pure hilarity at it's funniest. Around the time this episode aired, I was still mourning over my beloved dog Rooster and needed something funny to help myself feel better. This episode definitely did just that! Although all of them were wonderful, my favorite skit this time around was probably a scene where Beavis and Butt-Head were adults. There's also a little bit of unintentional humor in this scene that makes me laugh on a personal level:In the skit Beavis's alias was Jim, my 2nd Grade teacher's husband's name is Jim Beavis. What a twist!? lol

3. Scoot To The Gute - Robot Chicken has outdone themselves once again. This outstanding compilation of clever, witty skits is a great example of this show at it's best. First of all, I would like to address one of the obscure references in this episode that blew my mind. Does anybody remember Oswald the Octopus? That adorable blue octopus on Nick Jr. who had a talking hot dog for a pet. This episode had a parody of Oswald. I had barely even thought of that character in years so seeing him on this show was completely unexpected and was quite the pleasant surprise for me. In addition to Oswald, they also featured a parody of another childhood favorite mine:Arthur. Although Arthur is definitely way more well known Oswald, I still always enjoy seeing them take on my beloved memories.

4. Things Look Bad For The Streepster - The awesomeness of this episode can be described in only 4 words:Smash Bros. Hunger Games. Yes, Robot Chicken combined Smash Bros. with The Hunger Games and it was just as mindblowing as it sounds. Bonus points go to the writers for knowing how to use Smash Bros. tournament terms like "wavedashing" and "L-cancelling" in the right context lol. Another scene I really enjoyed revolved around Jabberjaw playing the role of the shark in the Stephen Spielberg movie, Jaws. Again, nearly every scene was really funny this time around and they brought one of my favorite recurring jokes back around in one sketch:Animals playing instruments that rhyme with the name of their species. The fifth season gave us Bass with a Bass, the eighth season had Eel Chums with the Steel Drums, and this time around we got Harp Seal with a Harpsichord. Although that may sound ridiculous, the pure silliness of those animal gags makes them stand out in my opinion.

5. Mr. Mozzarella's Hamburger and Skateboard Depot - This episode had a Stranger Things parody. Need I say more? In addition to featuring a parody of one of my favorite shows, they also did a great send up on The Force Awakens that would make any Star Wars nerd like myself roll on the floor with laughter. So yeah.......it pretty much goes without saying that this one is a favorite episode of mine.

6. Strummy Strummy Sad Sad - Weird title!? lol. This episode was about another favorite childhood properties: Pokemon. They had already done a couple of Pokémon parodies before, but this one was much better than the others. Aside from the Pokémon thing, there wasn't much else I enjoyed about this episode. Mostly because a lot of the properties they referenced here are things I'm not familiar with which caused more than a few of the skits to completely fly over my head. The only other thing I thought was funny in this one was a scene where Donald Trump plays a horror movie character. But all in all, this one was mediocre at best.

7. 3 2 1 3 3 3. 3 2 1 6 1? - This episode has a special place in my heart because it aired the week of my birthday so it almost felt like [adult swim] was unintentionally giving me a present. There were numerous skits I enjoyed, with TWO count 'em two new Pokémon skits. But my favorite was a parody of Harriett the Spy, a film that I remember finding hilarious during my younger years. The Harriett skit is also very quotable and has been quoted in our house a few times. My favorite quote to use in every day situations is when she says,
    "Noper doper!". I also found it ironically funny that they put Elmo in this episode considering he was my first favorite character and it aired the day before my birthday. They also had a cameo by Plank from Ed, Edd and Eddy in here. I know they have a wide variety of things they enjoy parodying but I never expected them to reference Ed Edd and Eddy on the show.

8. We Don't See Much of That in 1940s America - Again, I don't know too many of the characters/shows/people that were getting parodied in this episode so it didn't really mean anything to me. But there were a handful of clips I found quite humorous. One particularly funny skit was a scene where Barack Obama sent a bunch of dancers to distract Osama bin Laden by dancing repetitively while he nukes Osama's house from a distance. Seeing Osama bin Laden in pink bunny slippers was enough to get a laugh out of me lol. Another one I liked was a parody of The Magic School Bus where they got stranded on a freezing cold mountain after Miss Frizzle accidentally crashed the bus. Due to their unfortunate circumstances, the gang had to resort to cannibalism. One of the things I noticed about this skit it that they made sure to have Carlos say a pun at the end. No Magic School Bus-related skit is complete without a good old fashioned Carlos pun. The last skit I'd like to talk about was where Harry Potter was at a bar talking to a snake. Although that may sound a bit weird to those who aren't familiar with Harry Potter, one of Harry's powers is that he has the ability to communicate with snakes.

9. Ext-Forest Day - Seriously, who on Earth is coming up with these ridiculous titles!? But anyway, this episode was a definite favorite of mine. Featuring such gems as Darth Vader making a bunch of sarcastic one liners in battle as though he were Ash from the Evil Dead movies, a sketch explaining why the two rules of Fight Club are redundant, Wile E. Coyote going to a museum attempting to trap the Road Runner in a painting only to flatten himself in the process, The Joker from Suicide Squad doing a make up tutorial like the ones on YouTube, and a parody of obscure kid show Funnybones. The one skit I could've done without is a scene where they poked fun at religion. Although it wasn't about Jesus per say, it was quite obvious what they were implying. The scene was where two Roman soldiers had crucified the Easter Bunny. One soldier looks at the other and says,
    "I don't think we're doing this right,". That scene certainly raised an eyebrow for me but it wasn't anything too offensive. I wouldn't let a 3-second clip ruin an otherwise hilarious episode for myself anyway.

10. Factory Where Nuts are Handled - I can't help but think the writers are talking about themselves with that episode title lol. This one (tonight's new episode) was once again, quite the treat. Although there were a few obscure things I didn't recognize (one of them appeared to be some old turn based RPG video game?), the ones I did get were all quite humorous. Especially a scene where Wile E. Coyote appears on the show How To Get Away With Murder, which now that I think about it doesn't make much sense in context as Wile E. Coyote was never able to actually capture the Road Runner. The professor version of Wile E. Coyote where he talks in a British accent was always really funny to me so I enjoyed seeing them pay homage to that. There was also a really clever shout out to Saturday Night Live featuring a zombie host in this one.
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2018
  18. minor muppetz

Top ten best movies I have only seen once:
    10. The Last Jedi
    9. Daddy's Home 2
    8. A Dennis the Menace Christmas Carol
    7. Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventures
    6. License to Wed
    5. Risky Business
    4. Robin Hood: Men in Tights
    3. Wall-E
    2. The Great Gatsby (well, both movie adaptations I have seen - the one from the 1970s and the most recent one - I only saw once but liked them both)
    1. Silent Movie

Hmm, maybe I should have listed these chronologically (or even chronologically by when I saw them).
  19. BlakeConor14

Top 10 songs I've been listening too recently
    10. Stole the show. Kygo

9. Drive your car- Jorge Blanco

8. 21 Guns- American Idiot cast version

7. Just Drive- Alistair Griffin

6. Demons- imagine dragons

5. Smash ya pasty- Buzzcocks
    4. River- Eminem ft Ed Sheeran
    3. Believe-Mumford and Sons
    2. Clap your hands- Whilk and Misky
    1. Wake me up when september ends- Green day
    Let me know what you think of my list
    Muppet Master likes this.
  20. Froggy Fool

Froggy Fool Well-Known Member

Top 10 New Doctor Who Series
    (there are 10 of them so far, so it's perfect for this thread)

10. Series 8- This one is just awful. The episodes are crap (albeit one or two), The Doctor is a jerk, and just Clara. She is sooooo annoying. It's like Doctor Who was turned into "The Clara Show". Plus, Danny Pink is the most wasted character in the history of the show. :grouchy:
    9. Series 1 - I have to give them credit because this is the first series of New Who, and it's definitely not horrible. It's not great either, but it's not horrible. The plots are good at best, and the character of the Doctor is pretty interesting and mysterious in this. Christopher Eccleston is an... okay Doctor. Not the best IMO. And Rose is just as annoying as always, though I like her better with Eccleston than Tennant. So overall a good start but not quite there yet. :smirk:
    8. Series 2 - The first one with Tennant, and definitely the worst of his era. The plots are pretty good, not great, at best (*cough, cough Love and Monsters, cough, cough*) David Tennant is amazing as The Doctor (as always), but Rose is even more annoying in this than the previous season. And I hate the romantic relationship between the Doctor and Rose.
    7. Series 7 - This one is usually put lower on the list, but I actually quite like it. The 1st half of the season with Amy and Rory is great, and I really like Clara's introduction in this. I wish we got stuck with the Clara in the past, but oh well. Pretty much the only thing that I don't like is the episodes in part 2 of this season. They are... very bad. :rolleyes:
    6. Series 9- This series is almost great, with good stories and good acting. Clara is actually bearable again. Peter Capaldi is fantastic as the Doctor. Missy is really enjoyable. Everything's great until we get to the season finale. Heaven Sent is pretty boring IMO, but it's not bad at all. But then, then we get to **** Bent, one of the worst episodes in Doctor Who history. Steven Moffat undos all the good plot points established in Face the Raven with Clara's glorious exit. The Doctor suddenly feels like he HAS to save Clara, and basically uproots time because of this. The worst season finale in DW history.
    5. Series 3- Very enjoyable season with David Tennant as the Doctor and new companion Martha Jones. I like the season arc with the Master, and overall Martha's time with the Doctor feels perfect. Minor complaint - I feel like they didn't flesh out Martha's character all that much.
    4. Series 10 - The most recent series of Doctor Who, and the best one with Peter Capaldi. I LOVE Pearl Mackie as Bill Potts in this, she's the best companion since Amy Pond in Series 5/6/7. The stories are all very good, with the one exception of the Eaters of Light, a very meh episode IMO.
    3. Series 6 - Not much to comment except Matt Smith, Alex Kingston, Karen Gillan, and Arthur Darvill are all great in this. Pretty much all episodes are winners. The Silents are the best Doctor Who since the Weeping Angels, IMO.
    2. Series 5- The best of Matt Smith's and Steven Moffat's era. Matt Smith is perfection as the Doctor. Amy and Rory are great as well. Big thumbs up for this season.
    1. Series 4- The best season of Doctor Who, period, including the Classic Series. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, you can't beat David Tennant'ss performance as the Doctor. I freakin' LOVE Donna Noble in this, best companion of the new series. The overaching plot is great, every episode is great, I have zero complaints!! :excited:

EDIT: MC censors h-e-l-l on here??