The Oh-So-Permanent Thanksgiving Thread

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
I noticed that none of my friends eat mac and cheese on Thanksgiving. Does anyone elses' family eat mac & cheese on Thanx giving or is that just my family?
Sure, I have a few friends that eat mac & cheese on Thanksgiving. It's not completely unheard of.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Here's a toe-tapper from another classic animated Thanksgiving special that time forgot:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The vegan stuff turned out to be not as bad as I thought it would. Well, the vegan mac-n-cheese was kind of flavorless, but other than that, the whole meal was really good.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It's interesting how THE WIZARD OF OZ has somehow become a Thanksgiving movie, or at least, TBS has been playing it at Thanksgiving for over ten years now.

But anyway, after watching Cinema Sins take a swipe at the movie, they made a point about something that's puzzled me since I was a kid: why was Dorothy going to miss Scarecrow "most of all"? My only thinking was that because he was the only one of the three she spent any time with alone, which I guess allowed her to develop a deeper connection with him, as opposed to Tinman or Lion. I don't know.

I can think of a couple of more sins they left out: 1. That freakin' tornado! That thing snaked all over the plains. It's not uncommon for tornadoes to shift their paths, but honestly, that thing was zig-zagging all over the place. 2. Professor Marvel's balloon's premature lift off was because Tinman went ahead and untied the rope anchor . . . for no reason. Also, Marvel says, "I can't come back, I don't know how it works." Really? He's a balloonist and he doesn't know how balloons work? Let's be glad he's not a brain surgeon.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
It's interesting how THE WIZARD OF OZ has somehow become a Thanksgiving movie, or at least, TBS has been playing it at Thanksgiving for over ten years now.

But anyway, after watching Cinema Sins take a swipe at the movie, they made a point about something that's puzzled me since I was a kid: why was Dorothy going to miss Scarecrow "most of all"? My only thinking was that because he was the only one of the three she spent any time with alone, which I guess allowed her to develop a deeper connection with him, as opposed to Tinman or Lion. I don't know.

I can think of a couple of more sins they left out: 1. That freakin' tornado! That thing snaked all over the plains. It's not uncommon for tornadoes to shift their paths, but honestly, that thing was zig-zagging all over the place. 2. Professor Marvel's balloon's premature lift off was because Tinman went ahead and untied the rope anchor . . . for no reason. Also, Marvel says, "I can't come back, I don't know how it works." Really? He's a balloonist and he doesn't know how balloons work? Let's be glad he's not a brain surgeon.
I believe she mentioned the Scarecrow would do a fabulous job if he was back home with her. The line "I think I'll miss you most of all" refers to the Scarecrow's newfound brain power.

Professor Marvel was a good carnival hustler. He had his shill down pat. The citizens of Emerald City seemed happy to let him govern them. He kept his balloon in case he needed to escape, and good thing Dorothy got left behind. With his aeronautical skills, they might've ended up in Cucamonga.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Just remembered another: after Marvel's balloon leaves, Dorothy remarks, "Auntie Em must have stopped wondering what happened to me by now." Does she really think Auntie Em loves her that little that after a couple of days (I know when she wakes up she says she was trying to get home "for days and day") she would be like, "Eh, it's been a couple of days, I guess Dorothy's never coming back. Well, this farm won't run itself, back to work everybody."