The Oh-So-Permanent Thanksgiving Thread

Drtooth

Reaction score
Once I was in a chicken coop. If an egg dropped on the floor, all the chickens would peck and eat every last bit, shells and all. Cannibalism 101.
Cannibalism, it's clear to me, is a human concept. Animals in the animal kingdom kinda don't give a crap. Food is food, and it's all eat or be eaten. Certain rodents eat their own young.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Here are your Thanksgiving nightmares for the week! :halo:

That's Tom Caravel doing double duty as himself and the turkey's voice. You can tell by the awkward pause in the turkey's speech: "we turkeys... can't appreciate celebrating Thanksgiving by eating a turkey."

You know, this commercial makes no sense. This Tom Turkey is trying to save himself by encouraging people to eat him?

Drtooth

Reaction score
I never really cared much for the lame "don't eat me, eat another animal" type commercial. I mean, it works on Looney Tunes, sure:

But it's downright repetitive and turns into an Uncle Joke after a while. Though there is some weird brand of Soup/Dip/Seasonings Mix that has wild drawings of animals with signs that say "Eat [animal besides one the mix was intended for]." Sometimes they even have cartoon veggies holding those signs up.

Anyway, speaking of eating not meat based versions of turkeys, I'm glad to see that the foil wrapped hollow chocolate turkeys have made a good comeback, being able to buck the trend of nothing in between Halloween candy and the holiday everyone would rather market, Christmas. Still miss Russel Strover chocolate covered Marshmallow Pilgrims, even though they have chocolate marshmallow everything else and they weren't significantly different outside the shape. But Thanksgiving candy still being able to exist is amazing.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
That's Tom Caravel doing double duty as himself and the turkey's voice. You can tell by the awkward pause in the turkey's speech: "we turkeys... can't appreciate celebrating Thanksgiving by eating a turkey."

You know, this commercial makes no sense. This Tom Turkey is trying to save himself by encouraging people to eat him?
I never really cared much for the lame "don't eat me, eat another animal" type commercial. I mean, it works on Looney Tunes, sure:
Thought that might be good old Tom!

Yeah, the premise of this commercial is interesting. "Sure, you've slaughtered my brethren for hundreds of years. But if you buy a cake this year, eh, we'll call it even!" I had no idea turkeys were such forgiving birds! :wisdom:

I'm glad to see that the foil wrapped hollow chocolate turkeys have made a good comeback
I noticed that too! Has Cadbury ever got in on the Thanksgiving action?