The Oh-So-Permanent Thanksgiving Thread

Erine81981

Reaction score
Didn't Bear in the Big Blue House have a Thanksgiving special?
Yep he did. I wished I had it. I wouldn't mind buying a VHS copy off Ebay just haven't done it. Can't wait for the parade. I know there's supposed to be some new balloon characters.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm really disappointed in ABC for opting to not air A CHARLIE BROWN THANKSGIVING on Thanksgiving day in favor of reruns of THE MUPPETS (2015) and FRESH OFF THE BOAT. Heck, the special's only getting one airing this year, and that's tonight, that's it. Remember when ABC used to air the specials multiple times throughout their respective months?

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I'm really disappointed in ABC for opting to not air A CHARLIE BROWN THANKSGIVING on Thanksgiving day in favor of reruns of THE MUPPETS (2015) and FRESH OFF THE BOAT. Heck, the special's only getting one airing this year, and that's tonight, that's it. Remember when ABC used to air the specials multiple times throughout their respective months?
Wow,really? Oh well, the special is on YouTube.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
And DVD. It just feels like ABC is treating the Peanuts specials anymore the same way Lucy remarked to Charlie Brown: "Isn't it peculiar, Charlie Brown, how some traditions slowly fade away?" Especially considering how well THE PEANUTS MOVIE is doing in theaters, you'd think ABC would be riding on that success.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
And DVD. It just feels like ABC is treating the Peanuts specials anymore the same way Lucy remarked to Charlie Brown: "Isn't it peculiar, Charlie Brown, how some traditions slowly fade away?" Especially considering how well THE PEANUTS MOVIE is doing in theaters, you'd think ABC would be riding on that success.
I suppose it is pretty sad,but at least their still on tv. Although I do sometimes wonder how many kids are watching. I know the Peanuts specials get good ratings and all ,but how many of the viewers are kids?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It's kind of like how back in the day TBS would have a 48-hour marathon of A CHRISTMAS STORY on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, but for some reason in the last couple of years or so, they'd stop halfway through Christmas Day then do a marathon of THE BIG DANG THEORY for the rest of the night. What in the world does BBT have to do with Christmas?

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
It's kind of like how back in the day TBS would have a 48-hour marathon of A CHRISTMAS STORY on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, but for some reason in the last couple of years or so, they'd stop halfway through Christmas Day then do a marathon of THE BIG DANG THEORY for the rest of the night. What in the world does BBT have to do with Christmas?
Isn't TBS tired of that show by now? I know I am. Maybe that's why I'm not a network executive.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
No, but thankfully they've toned down their hyper and spastic advertising for the show . . . not by much, but it's toned down. 2 BROKE GIRLS seems to be its new pet now.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Charlie Brown Thanksgiving never gets the respect it deserves. The Christmas and Halloween ones are beloved classics everyone can quote like Monty Python, and every Halloween and Christmas episode of something mentions gags from either two. Dinky trees and getting rocks for Halloween are a thing, popcorn and pretzel stick dinners aren't. I'm not surprised it gets a single airing. I'm surprised that it even gets an airing at all. If it wasn't Peanuts, it would have faded into obscurity long ago. I've said this before in another thread, but I kinda like the Thanksgiving one more than its famous brothers. Chuck being coerced into making what a kid would have to make for a Thanksgiving seems even more Charlie Brownish than getting flustered putting on a Christmas play and failing at Halloween. Plus, Peppermint Patty and Marice are my favorites, and you gotta love that 70's jazz funk score.

Heck, the Christmas one is so big they made a series of short cartoons to pair with it just so they didn't have to edit it.

Do they even air Easter Beagle anymore, though? I swear I remember them doing so a few years back. There's no shortage of Peanuts specials, and most of them aren't even holiday related. They never air those ones anymore.