The Old Cartoon Network Thread

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I like EEnE but, I hate all the Kevin+Double-D stuff all over Devaintart & Fanfiction.Com. Sheesh people and their strange fantasies.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Listen, every fandom has slash and crack ships like that, EEE is no exception.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Not the Muppet fandom really has has slash and crack ships like that but, yeah you're probably right about every other fandoms.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Oh yeah. Off-topic, but it's ironic that some M*A*S*Hers out there ship Charles and Klinger, because that's something that actually predated David Ogden Stiers coming out of the closet.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I like EEnE but, I hate all the Kevin+Double-D stuff all over Devaintart & Fanfiction.Com. Sheesh people and their strange fantasies.
Listen, every fandom has slash and crack ships like that, EEE is no exception.
That reminds me. About nine years ago, Cartoon Brew had an article about a fan who made weird erotic cartoon fan art, including EEE. But the weird thing is, the person that made this art was none other than Rebecca Sugar!
http://www.cartoonbrew.com/animators/rebecca-sugar-4363.html

MuppetSpot

Reaction score

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Since Gene Wilder has passed, my memory has been prompted: anyone remember when both Dexter and Johnny Bravo did parody episodes of Willy Wonka?

Dexter's parody was a bit more obvious, from trying to find the Golden Disket, to all the musical numbers, and how vivid and trippy Professor Hawk's lab looked. Johnny's was a little more subtle, but it's clear Jerky Jake and his midget cowboys were meant to be expies of Willy Wonka and his Oompa-Loompas - not to mention Pops trying to discover the secret ingredient in Jerky Jake's jerky recipe was reminiscent of Slugworth trying to get his hands on an Everlasting Gobstopper.

Both had twists though: Professor Hawk selfish awarded the grand prize of his entire factory to himself, and Jerky Jake had Johnny and Pops booted after Pops exposed the secret ingredient and revealed the jerky was actually health food.

Schfifty

Reaction score
Ah, yes I remember the Dexter's Laboratory parody of Willy Wonka. Oddly, I actually hadn't seen the movie or read the book before I first saw the episode in 2nd grade, so it just looked like a cool storyline to me. I think what sticks out the most to me is that one song before the factory blows up - "Your Brain is a Creative Computer".

Ditto for the Johnny Bravo one. I hadn't realized it was a parody of Willy Wonka back then, but hey, when you surpass the demo age, you start to realize the hidden gems and references in those shows. :smile:

You mentioned something which I find interesting: both episodes feature cowboys. The JB episode has cowboys as the oompa-loompas, and the DL episode had Dee Dee round up the others in a hoedown in one scene.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I don't remember the DL & JB Willy Wonka parodies but, I do remember seeing on adult swim, the Futurama parody of Willy Wonka.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I think what sticks out the most to me is that one song before the factory blows up - "Your Brain is a Creative Computer".
I always remember: "Shoo-ba-lee-doo-ba-lee-doo! That's Professor Hawk!"