1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

The Onion - I Appreciate the Muppets on a Much Deeper Level Than You

Discussion in 'On the Web' started by tommytokyo, Jan 21, 2003.

1. tommytokyo New Member

A funny Muppet-Related article from The Onion

Hi. Long time lurker, first time poster. I'll preface this by saying The Onion is not intended for those under 18, but this is a very funny article that captures the feel of somebody as obsessed with Muppets as I am. Really insiderish and really funny.

CLICK HERE
  2. Wander McMooch New Member

Here's a new "editorial" on The Onion's website which involves the Muppets. Frankly, after a few months of searching out the CDs on eBay, buying the new action figures, and catching up on all the Muppet information I missed since my childhood; it hit a little too close to home:

http://www.theonion.com/onion3902/i_appreciate_the_muppets.html

Hee, hee.
  3. matleo Active Member

LOL!! THAT is brilliant!!!!!

--Matt
  4. beaker Well-Known Member

Heh, good to see some fellow hardcore obsessed Muppet freaks out there. Star Wars, Star Trek, etc all have their freaks...JHC should be proud at all the Farscape freaks...but its good to see all around JHC freaks. Someone should point those obsessed Farscape fans toward a copy of the Muppet Show, and a few of the good movies.

Anyways, we need more folks like this writer!
  5. RockSTAR girl Member

wowser...that guy sounds ******...hahahaha
    i like his enthusiasm but not all can be as educated on the muppets as he. i think he's gotta calm down and get over it. oh well its still funny as ****!
  6. RockSTAR girl Member

ok i cant believe this thing just blurred me out for typing "ticked" and "heck"

it still funny
  7. Daffyfan2003 Active Member

Yeah, that makes me mad too. It seems like those auto-censors censor everything!
  8. anathema Active Member

But it doesn't recognise either the Scots spellings or the Gaelic words... :D
  9. GWGumby New Member

10. Muppetfreak Member

LOL that was fantastic. I do love the Onion. The worst part is I actually told someone that they don't appreciate the Muppets on the same level as I do a month or two ago.

So sad. . . .:)
  11. Luke Active Member

Has anybody else noticed that the guy who wrote it looks amazingly like the Comic Book Guy from The Simpsons ? LOL !
  12. sarah_yzma Active Member

i had to think about what that might be....what's wrong with me???

Sarah
  13. Manda:-D New Member

Hehehehehe......If that's the same guy that writes all of those articles, he must REALLY be a sad man....Altough, I admit, I HAD to read that Green Lantern article b/c I'm a GL fan, myself. What makes ME sad, though, is that I've had arguements w/some of my friends a/b how I prefer John Stewart, (gasp!), to Hal Jordan! (And no, NOT just b/c of the Justice League cartoon!) And I just wish someone would kick Kyle's butt and we'd be done w/him! But anyway.....I was CRACKING UP, reading that article....And the "Prisoner" one.....Never seen it, but I've heard a/b it....I have a thing for conspiracy shows....I am REEEEEAAAALLY a loser!!!!! But, oh well! :D
  14. beaker Well-Known Member

Oh gosh, people are still into spandex clad super heroes? *yawn*

Hehe, yeah Comic Book Guy...sadly that character aint no exageration from the conventions and comic shops Ive been to!
  15. sidcrowe New Member

Whoops!

I posted a new thread about this article a few hours AFTER you. Darn. Is my face red:rolleyes:

I thought I had the inside scoop :confused:

Guess this is why I hardly ever start threads.

Oh well...always a bridesmaid...never a bride.
  16. Luke Active Member

Yeah he even writes like him - i'm suprised Groening hasn't tried to sue him or something yet ! LOL !
  17. GWGumby New Member

As this is the Onion, chances are the "author" of this article is completely made up. He's a character, and since this is print, anyone on the Onion staff can write for this character. So whether it was the same person who wrote all those other articles, it's possible, but not necessarily the case.

And whether the picture is actually of the same person who wrote the text is highly doubtful. Just look at some of the other regular columnists and you can see that they are all made up characters. Many of them extremely pathectic. If you were to write a satire of a society article from the point of view of a clueless over-weight girl who everyone hates, would you use your own picture in the header?

Maybe some of you aren't completely familiar with the Onion. It's all fake. Before I knew what it was, I read articles on the site from time to time, and because of their extremely straight-forward nature I was mislead into thinking several of them were true.

It's a joke. It's not real. It's just humor.

Although, sometimes it does hit really close to the truth.
  18. electricmayhem New Member

Re: Whoops!

Haha! I did too so don't feel bad! But I love this article. My roomate cut it out for me and I couldn't stop laughing!:D
  19. camilla New Member

You don't think he used this forum as research??

Sarah
  20. Manda:-D New Member

Camilla may have a point.....It's very possible we have a spy in our midst.
    (Bum, bum, BUM!!!!!!!!!!)