The Onion - I Appreciate the Muppets on a Much Deeper Level Than You

Luke

Reaction score
Has anybody else noticed that the guy who wrote it looks amazingly like the Comic Book Guy from The Simpsons ? LOL !

Manda:-D

Reaction score
Hehehehehe......If that's the same guy that writes all of those articles, he must REALLY be a sad man....Altough, I admit, I HAD to read that Green Lantern article b/c I'm a GL fan, myself. What makes ME sad, though, is that I've had arguements w/some of my friends a/b how I prefer John Stewart, (gasp!), to Hal Jordan! (And no, NOT just b/c of the Justice League cartoon!) And I just wish someone would kick Kyle's butt and we'd be done w/him! But anyway.....I was CRACKING UP, reading that article....And the "Prisoner" one.....Never seen it, but I've heard a/b it....I have a thing for conspiracy shows....I am REEEEEAAAALLY a loser!!!!! But, oh well! :big_grin:

beaker

Reaction score
Oh gosh, people are still into spandex clad super heroes? *yawn*

Hehe, yeah Comic Book Guy...sadly that character aint no exageration from the conventions and comic shops Ive been to!

sidcrowe

Reaction score
Whoops!

I posted a new thread about this article a few hours AFTER you. Darn. Is my face red:rolleyes:

I thought I had the inside scoop :confused:

Guess this is why I hardly ever start threads.

Oh well...always a bridesmaid...never a bride.

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker
Hehe, yeah Comic Book Guy...sadly that character aint no exageration from the conventions and comic shops Ive been to!
Yeah he even writes like him - i'm suprised Groening hasn't tried to sue him or something yet ! LOL !

GWGumby

Reaction score
As this is the Onion, chances are the "author" of this article is completely made up. He's a character, and since this is print, anyone on the Onion staff can write for this character. So whether it was the same person who wrote all those other articles, it's possible, but not necessarily the case.

And whether the picture is actually of the same person who wrote the text is highly doubtful. Just look at some of the other regular columnists and you can see that they are all made up characters. Many of them extremely pathectic. If you were to write a satire of a society article from the point of view of a clueless over-weight girl who everyone hates, would you use your own picture in the header?

Maybe some of you aren't completely familiar with the Onion. It's all fake. Before I knew what it was, I read articles on the site from time to time, and because of their extremely straight-forward nature I was mislead into thinking several of them were true.

It's a joke. It's not real. It's just humor.

Although, sometimes it does hit really close to the truth.

electricmayhem

Reaction score
Re: Whoops!

Originally posted by sidcrowe
I posted a new thread about this article a few hours AFTER you. Darn. Is my face red:rolleyes:

I thought I had the inside scoop :confused:

Guess this is why I hardly ever start threads.

Oh well...always a bridesmaid...never a bride.
Haha! I did too so don't feel bad! But I love this article. My roomate cut it out for me and I couldn't stop laughing!:big_grin:

camilla

Reaction score
You don't think he used this forum as research??

Sarah

Manda:-D

Reaction score
Camilla may have a point.....It's very possible we have a spy in our midst.
(Bum, bum, BUM!!!!!!!!!!)