The origins of the Muppet Babies

Erine81981

Reaction score
Ok we've had this discussion about how the Muppet Babies are not related to the grownup Muppets. Well I just remembered about those videos they came out a long time ago in the 80's about Kermit reading books to his Nephew Robin about Kermit and the gang as babies. Now explain to me how that's not suppose to fit in with the Muppets?

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Because it was all a fantasy of Miss Piggy's in TMTM!! You can't make a fantasy a reality. I can fantasize all I want about growing up with Halle Berry and us being together forever, but I can't change my life story to say it happened.

It all originated as a fantasy for Miss Piggy in the carriage ride.

All other things that support MB is plain incorrect.

However, it does make for good entertainment.

Baby Rowlf

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
Because it was all a fantasy of Miss Piggy's in TMTM!! You can't make a fantasy a reality. I can fantasize all I want about growing up with Halle Berry and us being together forever, but I can't change my life story to say it happened.

It all originated as a fantasy for Miss Piggy in the carriage ride.

All other things that support MB is plain incorrect.

However, it does make for good entertainment.
This is true. However, that brings to mind something. When they were the Muppet Babies, they lived together in a Nursery, looked after by Nanny. When they became the Muppet Kids however, they suddenly all had parents and stuff. What's up with that?

Personally, I think Muppet Kids is more accurate than the Baby versions, though I tend to agree with Fozzie in that none of it is really canon. They were cute though!:smile:

Aaron

Reaction score
Erine81981 said:
Ok we've had this discussion about how the Muppet Babies are not related to the grownup Muppets. Well I just remembered about those videos they came out a long time ago in the 80's about Kermit reading books to his Nephew Robin about Kermit and the gang as babies. Now explain to me how that's not suppose to fit in with the Muppets?
i got one of those videos at the library it's crap

Erine81981

Reaction score
Ok Looke Fozzie. I know that but u still have those videos out there. How do u make that not understandable. I know Miss Piggy had a dream but it looks like Kermit did to. How is it that Kermit can read books or whatever it is that he does and people don't bring that up about the MB? Its like Ohhhh Miss Piggy had a dream and the MB r just her dream but Kermit reads books to his Nephew and thats ok. Ya'll talk about Miss Piggy's dream but what about Kermits reading books about his friends when babies? I know its not a part of Muppet history but when everyone that talks about MB not being part of the Muppets its like saying Gonzo was never an alien. What do ya'll think about that?

Beauregard

Reaction score
Dear, dear, the MB is a very contreversal subject isn't it.

In my opinion these are not cannon, htey are just cartoons, BUT they are half worth watching becuase they are funny and sweet and if they didn't have Bean they would be totally worth watching.

Bean Bunny

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
Dear, dear, the MB is a very contreversal subject isn't it.

In my opinion these are not cannon, htey are just cartoons, BUT they are half worth watching becuase they are funny and sweet and if they didn't have Bean they would be totally worth watching.
What !! Take that back. (Just kidding, Beauregard)

Any who, the Muppet Babies also appeared in puppet form in the Muppet Family Christmas.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Yes, but everyone says that was wrong, I don't really care about it, but particually Foz, thinks they shouldn't have Bean there, wait, what did I say?

jediX

Reaction score
My question is why are we debating Muppet Babies, of all things? :big_grin:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Because they are great, and need to be discussed.