1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

The "Paging a Moderator" Thread

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by dwmckim, Mar 25, 2011.

1. dwmckim

dwmckim Well-Known Member

"You can never find a cab when you need one" - Pops, The Great Muppet Caper

Being a moderator is not easy and often the work they do isn't as appreciated as it should be. While the membership of the Muppet Central Forum appreciates the work they do when they do it, it's become increasingly impossible to get a moderator's help when it's really needed.

This thread is designed to rectify that situation. Ideally, a thread like this shouldn't have to exist and hopefully the time will come sooner rather than later where better channels are put in place to get the help from a mod one needs without having to tap dance in stiletto heels while pogosticking through flames of fire while singing the mock Swedish translation of Ave Maria. But until that happens, since there is only one Great Gonzo, the rest of us have a means of publicly paging the mods at large to let them know we need their assistance. Hopefully, this is a temporary fix until a better solution can be put into place to get a mod's attention, but in the meantime, here's a place one can page a moderator and a moderator can see where their assistence is requested and needed.
  2. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

*Paging a moderator*

Yes, I'd like a peanut butter sandwich, a pickle spear on the side, a glass of your finest fruit juice, and all for under five bucks.
  3. dwmckim

4. dwmckim

(Incidentally, i'm running a betting pool regarding whether this thread gets deleted or actually taken seriously and stickied - and how long it takes for either action to occur.)
  5. dwmckim

Hip Hip Hooray

...and now it's fixed. I likee this paging stuff.
  6. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Your thread was updated a few minutes ago DW. Please let us know if you need anything else.
  7. D'Snowth

Where is everybody? And where do they keep their peanut butter?
  8. Bill Bubble Guy

Bill Bubble Guy Active Member

I think Snowth must want some peanut butter to spread on his muffin. LOL :D
  9. D'Snowth

Euh... not exactly an ideal combination...

I'm just waiting for a peanut butter sandwich... but where are all the mods around here? :p
  10. dwmckim

If it's taking too long to receive a sandwich, i don't think it's a moderator issue.

Sounds to me like the server is down.
  11. D'Snowth

DAH! STOP! This can't be happening! Why do the higher authorities always wanna deprive us of peanut butter?
  12. Beakerfan

Beakerfan Active Member

You can have mine, Snowthy. I won't be needing it anymore.
  13. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Oh... It was "peanut butter" you wanted. Well why didn't you say so? *Waves magic wand and says the words... *Sandwiches of the nutter variety appear stockpiled in a mountain upon the Snowth.

*Exits thread muttering, and he wanted it all for $5? What, he thinks this is Golden Corral or something?
  14. Katzi428

Katzi428 Well-Known Member

BAD PUN about the server being down!

shaking head Ohhh brother! You charge $5 for a peanut butter sandwich? Mighty expensive if you ask me!
  15. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Well, all those sandwiches did add up. Maybe we can stuff some of them in the closets around here.
    Prime Minister: But won't the guests be mad if we stuff them in the closet?
    Not them you chowderhead, the sandwiches!

Mmm, I could go for some chowder. Think I'll go ask :hungry: if he has any.
  16. D'Snowth

Mrhpph muhh mmmphhh muhmur mrrphrr mmm.