The Passion of...Peter Rabbit?

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
A church trying to teach about the crucifixion of Jesus performed an Easter show with actors whipping the Easter bunny and breaking eggs, upsetting several parents and young children.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Wow, first the crazy Iraq stuff and then - on a less serious note - this which is just kind of nuts. It's like the world went off a cliff just in time for Easter. I get what they were trying to do, but it just came out horribly, horribly wrong.

Full story - http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,116560,00.html

The Narrator

Reaction score
Performers broke eggs meant for an Easter egg hunt and also portrayed a drunken man and a self-mutilating woman
How sure are they that these people were only portraying a drunk and a masochist? Maybe they were the real deal? :rolleyes:

P

Philo and Gunge

That's just, um, odd. They could have just not brought up the Easter Bunny period. The chruch I go to didn't menchone the Easter Bunny so what's the point? It sounds scary. They should have just had that egg hunt.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Well, sometimes you gotta bring up the stuff that the kids already understand, or they'll do it for you.

Case in point: Today, at the Easter service we went to, they had all the kids come down for the children's message. The teacher asked them what the women found when they opened the tomb. A little boy proudly piped up...

EASTER EGGS!!!

:smile:

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
That is just wrong.

A friend of mine teaches Sunday School for preschoolers. One of the parents asked her what they tell the kids (2-4 year olds) about Easter. She said they tell them Easter means God loves them. They don't go on about the Easter Bunny but they don't give the kids nightmares about torture either. There is a middle ground.

Buck, thanks so much for putting the image of the Easter Bunny being whipped while someone mutilates themself in my head. If you come across a production of the true story of St. Valentine next February it's okay if you keep it to yourself. :wink:

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Wait `til the holidays and I'll tell you all why Christmas is REALLY in December. :stick_out_tongue:

On a related note, I caught an Easter doc on Jesus on CNN...apparently science has pegged his birth as April 7, 6 B.C. (or thereabouts) which of course means Jesus turned the big 2010 last Wednesday.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
I have a related question, hokay? :rolleyes: Why is Easter on a Sunday, and Good Friday on a Friday, if it was supposed to be three days between the death and the resurrection? Isn't that just two days?

:confused: