The Passion of...Peter Rabbit?

Beebers

Reaction score
The Narrator said:
How sure are they that these people were only portraying a drunk and a masochist? Maybe they were the real deal? :rolleyes:
Yes. Right. Good point. They ambushed their audience. That is nothing but a Big Fat Powertrip, no matter how you slice it. They cared nothing for their audience. They cared about their own trip. Wonder what their background checks would reveal. Can you say, Socially revolting? It's a crazy day in the neighborhood.

I'm glad Buck posted it. Awareness is important, even when upsetting.

:frown: :frown: :frown:

Klonoa

Reaction score
If anyone wants a neat idea on how to tell the Easter story to kids, just e-mail me.

--Klonoa
Hope everyone had a Happy Easter.

McFraggle

Reaction score
We always have an Easter egg hunt for the kids at church, but we never mention anything about the Easter Bunny. It's not intentional either, it just doesn't come up. I agree that we're better teaching the "love" part of the story to children. There is certainly a middle ground.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
I believe - and I may be wrong - but he rose on the third day, it wasn't necessarily an entire three days in between. Here in Canada and also in Austraila, NZ and the UK "Easter Monday" is a semi-holiday (banks, schools, gov't offices are closed).

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
So the "day of" is the first day. Okay, that's alright then. I thought I was onto some big conspiracy to prevent people from having a three-day weekend.

:wink:

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
AndyWan Kenobi said:
I have a related question, hokay? :rolleyes: Why is Easter on a Sunday, and Good Friday on a Friday, if it was supposed to be three days between the death and the resurrection? Isn't that just two days?

:confused:
I have a question too, Its probably a really stupid one. I learnt all about Religous events and stuff when I went a religous primary school but i've forgotten lots since then. Why is Good Friday called Good Friday? isnt that the day Jesus died? if it is whats good about that?

Krazedmuppet

Reaction score
well the reason why its good is cuz yes he did die, but for what? our sins, and it was just the begining, not the end, that we amy go to heavin, sorry, im cathloic, not that im trying to foce my relion onto anyone, but I was just answering the question

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
I always thought "Good Friday" was just "good" in the sense of "special," "different," or "holy." I've wondered the same thing, though...

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
This is actually an odd thing specific to the holiday's English name, no other language describes it as "Good" Friday. In other languages the name translates roughly to Holy Friday, Sorrowful Friday, and Great and Holy Friday.

Several hundred years ago "good" could be used interchangably with "holy" in the English language. For example, when you say "good-bye" to someone in English you're using the shortened version of the old expression "God be with you." So "Holy Friday" was also called "Good Friday" and that's the name that has stuck though the holiday is still called (in English) "Holy Friday" in some churches.