The Passion of the Christ

beaker

Reaction score
I was gonna wait til this came to IMAX, tho I dont know...you know how these movies goes, the book is usually better. I saw this Jewish couple at the fandango ticket booth at the theatre, I can guess what movie they *werent* going to see. Im afraid of taking this one girl to see it with me, as we made out during Eurotrip...and I dont think that would be appropriate here.

Because the film is doing so well, I heard a sequel is already in the works.
Though you know in 20 years Gibson will come out with a special edition where he uses cgi and stuff to "update it" like Lucas and Spielberg did.

Finally, I heard there wasnt that many car chases or explosions...so Im surprised it made as much as it did. I think they shoulda gotten Vin Diesel to play Christ, but then again that's just me.

beaker

Reaction score
truth66 said:
Tears of sorrow because I know in my heart that I helped put Christ on that cross.
you must be ollllldddd! I saw the spear of Longinus on ebay not to long ago.

tomahawk

Reaction score
beaker said:
you must be ollllldddd! I saw the spear of Longinus on ebay not to long ago.
I just spit my coke out of my nose!!!! :big_grin:

Skeet

Reaction score
I'm just wondering if half of u have seen the movie yet? Just because some of u r not christian that doesn't mean u need to tear the movie or everybody else down. I'm very sorry if u don't believe in Him but we have a choice. it's not like we are robots with out a choice. Yes it does hurt him to see other people going the wrong way but he made us that way. I'm not trying to say you can't have an oppinion in this movie but it seems to me the only reason you are putting it down is because it's christian and true. It's history. not something that was made up. Think about it how did we even get here. if their is no god but man how did u end up here? or if we evolved from Monkeys! wouldn't of all the monkeys evolved? I guesse i'm just trying to make u think. Why am i here? i'm not trying to force salvation on anybody God doesn't even do that so do i have the right to. but what i am trying to do is make u c it our way. this is what we as christians believe. If u don't agree that's absolutely fine w/me.

guysmiley4ever

Reaction score
Deep thoughts...

Skeet said:
or if we evolved from Monkeys! wouldn't of all the monkeys evolved? I guesse i'm just trying to make u think. Why am i here? i'm not trying to force salvation on anybody God doesn't even do that so do i have the right to. but what i am trying to do is make u c it our way. .
I guess of all my uncles, I liked Uncle Cave Man the best.
We called him Uncle Cave Man because he lived in a cave
and because sometimes he'd eat one of us.
Later on we found out he was a bear.

:embarrassed:

tomahawk

Reaction score
Skeet said:
I'm just wondering if half of u have seen the movie yet? Just because some of u r not christian that doesn't mean u need to tear the movie or everybody else down. I'm very sorry if u don't believe in Him but we have a choice. it's not like we are robots with out a choice. Yes it does hurt him to see other people going the wrong way but he made us that way. I'm not trying to say you can't have an oppinion in this movie but it seems to me the only reason you are putting it down is because it's christian and true. It's history. not something that was made up. Think about it how did we even get here. if their is no god but man how did u end up here? or if we evolved from Monkeys! wouldn't of all the monkeys evolved? I guesse i'm just trying to make u think. Why am i here? i'm not trying to force salvation on anybody God doesn't even do that so do i have the right to. but what i am trying to do is make u c it our way. this is what we as christians believe. If u don't agree that's absolutely fine w/me.
O.K. so you say the story is real. Prove it. And the bible doesn't count. It was written by man and translated hundreds of times by different men. As far as I'm concerned it's a nice fairy tale. See the thing is, belief is a powerful thing. It's all or nothing. In the opinions of christians, if I don't accept jesus as my one and only savior, no matter how I live my life I'm ****** to ****. Pretty severe. Pretty good scare tactic to keep you in line.

And I would like to hear more of your evolution ideas. So all that would be left on earth would be humans? If there are monkeys left it's obvious that evolution does not exsist?

beaker

Reaction score
Skeet said:
hey now, don't diss on the monkeys! They are so cute:smile:

Beebers

Reaction score
. . . and forever chattering, so you're never lonely . . .

:big_grin:

tomahawk

Reaction score
Sometimes the bananas get kinda messy, but it's worth it. Someday they will grow up to be human beings. I can just hope that I brought them up well before I send them off.