The Passion of the Christ

Beebers

Reaction score
*laughing* lol. Life gets messy, sometimes. Them bananas, tough to train but worth it.

Entendres, anyone? No? Just thought I'd ask. *still laughing*.

:big_grin: :big_grin: :big_grin:

Ah, you meant zee monkeys . . . j/k

leliebel

Reaction score
Skeet said:
I'm just wondering if half of u have seen the movie yet? Just because some of u r not christian that doesn't mean u need to tear the movie or everybody else down. I'm very sorry if u don't believe in Him but we have a choice. it's not like we are robots with out a choice. Yes it does hurt him to see other people going the wrong way but he made us that way. I'm not trying to say you can't have an oppinion in this movie but it seems to me the only reason you are putting it down is because it's christian and true. It's history. not something that was made up. Think about it how did we even get here. if their is no god but man how did u end up here? or if we evolved from Monkeys! wouldn't of all the monkeys evolved? I guesse i'm just trying to make u think. Why am i here? i'm not trying to force salvation on anybody God doesn't even do that so do i have the right to. but what i am trying to do is make u c it our way. this is what we as christians believe. If u don't agree that's absolutely fine w/me.
here I go again

I had a discussion like this a while ago, and it can only end in a dead end, two to be exact. Namely too you go exists without question. Grass is green water is wet and god exists. To me it's a possibility, I think the bible isn't meant to taken literally word for word. It's written by humans, written word can not fathom everything that is, and it's outdated. I'm sorry this is my opinion, you can't argue with it. You will never be able to convince me that god exist 100% certain and I will never be able to convince you that god might not exist.

If god exists, I don't think he would be dissappointed in me, just because I don't believe in him. I try to be a good person because I think I owe it to everyone on this planet, and not because it might get me into heaven. I'm sure he wouldn't mind.

I would like to make one think clear though, a movie is always an interpretation. Don't underestimate the power of manipulation and indoctrination, it's very dangerous.

And I'm sick and tired of people trying to make me see things THEIR WAY! It's very different from offering another possibility it's trying to control people because you think your way of thinking is the only right one.

I hope I haven't upset people too much by this, but I had to let it out.

tomahawk

Reaction score
leliebel said:
here I go again

I had a discussion like this a while ago, and it can only end in a dead end, two to be exact. Namely too you go exists without question. Grass is green water is wet and god exists. To me it's a possibility, I think the bible isn't meant to taken literally word for word. It's written by humans, written word can not fathom everything that is, and it's outdated. I'm sorry this is my opinion, you can't argue with it. You will never be able to convince me that god exist 100% certain and I will never be able to convince you that god might not exist.

If god exists, I don't think he would be dissappointed in me, just because I don't believe in him. I try to be a good person because I think I owe it to everyone on this planet, and not because it might get me into heaven. I'm sure he wouldn't mind.

I would like to make one think clear though, a movie is always an interpretation. Don't underestimate the power of manipulation and indoctrination, it's very dangerous.

And I'm sick and tired of people trying to make me see things THEIR WAY! It's very different from offering another possibility it's trying to control people because you think your way of thinking is the only right one.

I hope I haven't upset people too much by this, but I had to let it out.
Well said. Beautiful.

beaker

Reaction score
I have zicho problem with a movie about Christ, Jesus seems like he woulda been cool to hang with. Heck, everyone should try to find something nice to aspire to(ok, maybe not *that* nice) but...why in the heck instead focus on a brutally graphic tortue film? Yes, indeed have that because thats how it went accoriding to scribe, but why not put more of the focus on the life? See, it shows that companies rather focus on violence then story as thats what peopel calmour for.
Sorry, I dont want to sit and watch mastabatory ultra violence for 2 hours.
If it was more of a story Id be more inclined.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
tomahawk said:
O.K. so you say the story is real. Prove it. And the bible doesn't count. It was written by man and translated hundreds of times by different men. As far as I'm concerned it's a nice fairy tale.
And I choose to believe that the movies Michael Moore puts out are nice fairy tales as well. :big_grin:

The point is, I respect the fact that you choose not to believe that Jesus Christ was crucified and rose three days later so those that do believe should have eternal life in heaven.

Why can't you respect those that have a belief in Christ without us having to prove it to you? :mad:

Skeet

Reaction score
I wasn't trying to get everyone to believe what i believe and i'm sorry that i made it sound that way. How can i prove that God is real. For one by the miracles that i c him performing even today. and by faith. From what i believe man did write it physically but God gave them the words to write it. If u don't believe in that i'm fine with that i guesse i just really wanted u to know what i believe. one question! Y is it that Christians get more picked on then Homosexual or any of that kind of stuff. Then again God said it wasn't going to be easy we were going to be persecuted just like he was. So i'm pretty prepared to handle what i am going to be getting. Don't take me wrong i just have this thing for talking about God and the Word but i'm not trying to get u guys mad but i probably am. It is my job to take the gospel to everywhere. Even though u don't really care and u know the basics of the bible it's still my job. For me it just a whole lot easier to go through life with Jesus step by step with me then alone.

leliebel

Reaction score
MuppetsRule said:
And I choose to believe that the movies Michael Moore puts out are nice fairy tales as well. :big_grin:

The point is, I respect the fact that you choose not to believe that Jesus Christ was crucified and rose three days later so those that do believe should have eternal life in heaven.

Why can't you respect those that have a belief in Christ without us having to prove it to you? :mad:
the problem is not with what people believe, but what peolpe try to force other people to believe.

leliebel

Reaction score
I'm breaking this up in parts so it'lle be easier to reply to
Skeet said:
1. I wasn't trying to get everyone to believe what i believe and i'm sorry that i made it sound that way.
2. How can i prove that God is real. For one by the miracles that i c him performing even today. and by faith. From what i believe man did write it physically but God gave them the words to write it.
3. If u don't believe in that i'm fine with that i guesse i just really wanted u to know what i believe.
4. one question! Y is it that Christians get more picked on then Homosexual or any of that kind of stuff. Then again God said it wasn't going to be easy we were going to be persecuted just like he was. So i'm pretty prepared to handle what i am going to be getting. Don't take me wrong i just have this thing for talking about God and the Word but i'm not trying to get u guys mad but i probably am.
5. It is my job to take the gospel to everywhere. Even though u don't really care and u know the basics of the bible it's still my job.
6. For me it just a whole lot easier to go through life with Jesus step by step with me then alone.
1. That's great but your contraditing yourself at 2 and 5.
2. I do believe in miracles, but I don't believed they are performed by (a) god.
3. That is a nice thought and I apreciate it. If you believe that I can be saved by believing what you believe, then that's a nice thought.
4. Dare I even ask, why homosexuals should get picked on in your eyes? Please don't answer that or I might not take you serious in the future. I really don't get what the big deal is, they're not hurting or "corrupting" anybody.
5. The point is, most peopel like to decide for them selves, and don't want the answers they haven't asked (yet).
6. I understand that and I respect that, I sometiems wish I could believe, because it would make my life easier, but I can't.

I am saddened by this discussing, I have several religious friends, some of them heavy religious and they never tried to make me see things their way.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
leliebel said:
4. Dare I even ask, why homosexuals should get picked on in your eyes? Please don't answer that or I might not take you serious in the future. I really don't get what the big deal is, they're not hurting or "corrupting" anybody.
I don't think that what Skeet was saying was that it was OK to pick on homosexuals. I took it that when a particular race or gender, etc. is picked on or shown prejudice that it is widely seen as unacceptable but yet the tone of this thread is that those of us that consider ourselves followers of Christ are totally wrong for believing in Him. Just show us Christians the same respect that you would show anybody else. We should not have to feel ashamed that we are Christians.

And I agree, it is not right for anybody to force their opinions or beliefs on anybody or to be judgemental about anybody based on what they believe or follow. We can simply share the good news with others and let them make their own personal choice.