the Pepe action figure!

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
so what does everyone in the cc think? he's pretty sweet! i can say work needs to be done a little on him, but he's really cool! i hope his mouth opens and closes, i can't remember if it was said that he would. i love those arms and pepe's coming with a lot of cool stuff!

purple tux gonzo....the tux is very nice, the hair on gonzo is nice, but i'm still not keen on his face, i think it's perfect on the PVC. i also feel camilla needs a lot of work, that's not what i thought she would look like. her body seems really big and fuffy rather then feathery she's kinda looks like a sheep and i feel her eyes are off. i can't see in that photo very well but does she have wings? i was hoping they would be movable.

great job though, just some tweeks in them.

Zack,

SNLIM

Reaction score
i cannot wait until pepe comes out! i absolutely must have him! but where did you see these or pictures of these? maybe i'm just out of the loop...are there pics on the internet or have you been to a show in ny?

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Are you a member of the Collectors Club? each payed member gets an e-mail with a sneek peek of some of the stuff that will be shown at toy fair. i wish i was going to the NY one i live in the state but i'm not.

SNLIM

Reaction score
i have been wanting to join that collector's club for some time now...but alas no i am not a current member. but i'm starting to think that i'm a complete idiot for not joining yet....Unbelievable!

beaker

Reaction score
Four words: Pupils smaller, mouth closed. End of story. Otherwise BEEEE-YOOOU-TIFUL sculpt!

Series 5 is going to be the bomb.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
About Pepe

Word is the pupil size and placement will change in the final phase of production. So, no worries. :smile:

I actually like the mouth open. Pepe's always talking when he's on stage so it best fits his character. It also gives the character more detail. it will probably be easy for people to cutomize their own figures (like the wonderful ones I have seen on Palisades' board).

Remember you guys, this figure is around three inches tall. Not very big. If they couldn't make the mouth hinge work in regular Beaker, I don't think it would work in Pepe. It's a similar type mouth, but much smaller. If a Mega is ever made he should definitely have a hinged jaw.

For the -mouth closed- camp, there is always the PVC set. I feel it's going to be successful and we could easily get a Pepe PVC within a year.

Also keep in mind that we are seeing a 2D photograph of painted prototype in only a face-front position. Many of the characters don't look particularly right in that position - or in the first photographs. Remember how Fozzie first looked? And I think he's the best one so far.

So be patient. This was more of a sneak peek than a done deal. I think the sculpt is fantastic. How did they get all those tiny arm joints in at that scale?:confused:

beaker

Reaction score
Oh yeah, its astonishing how they got that detail. As for the closed mouth camp...err, well that would be me(tho Im sure more folks will realize some things are amiss about the current face)

But yeah, at about 3", dang...it is incredible...

Btw, for those interested in seeing the comparison shot of Pepe big pupil/mouth agape versus smaller correct pupils/mouth closed click here(ONLY CLICK if youre a club member)

http://forums.palisadestoys.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=31532

...what folks, you didnt think I'd really reveal it did you? heh

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
If sales pick up, we could even get a mouth-closed version of Pepe in the figure line at some point.

I'm thrilled he's coming out. Now we just need tutu Pepe and Uncle Deadly.....

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by MuppetQuilter
If sales pick up, we could even get a mouth-closed version of Pepe in the figure line at some point.

I'm thrilled he's coming out. Now we just need tutu Pepe and Uncle Deadly.....
I could not agree more...the fact were getting a Pepe figure(among other Pepe merch) is so cool. I also think everyone should be pushing for Uncle Deadly in series 7...forget Suggs, we want the Deadster!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I want both, but I do want Deadly more. I have to admit that. After seeing more of Palisades work on Aliens vs Predator (live in the toy store) I thing an Uncle Deadly sculpt would be right up their alley!