1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

the Pepe action figure!

Discussion in 'Action Figures' started by Zack the Dog, Feb 11, 2003.

1. Zack the Dog

Zack the Dog Active Member

so what does everyone in the cc think? he's pretty sweet! i can say work needs to be done a little on him, but he's really cool! i hope his mouth opens and closes, i can't remember if it was said that he would. i love those arms and pepe's coming with a lot of cool stuff!

purple tux gonzo....the tux is very nice, the hair on gonzo is nice, but i'm still not keen on his face, i think it's perfect on the PVC. i also feel camilla needs a lot of work, that's not what i thought she would look like. her body seems really big and fuffy rather then feathery she's kinda looks like a sheep and i feel her eyes are off. i can't see in that photo very well but does she have wings? i was hoping they would be movable.

great job though, just some tweeks in them.

Zack,
  2. SNLIM

SNLIM New Member

i cannot wait until pepe comes out! i absolutely must have him! but where did you see these or pictures of these? maybe i'm just out of the loop...are there pics on the internet or have you been to a show in ny?
  3. Zack the Dog

Are you a member of the Collectors Club? each payed member gets an e-mail with a sneek peek of some of the stuff that will be shown at toy fair. i wish i was going to the NY one i live in the state but i'm not.
  4. SNLIM

SNLIM New Member

i have been wanting to join that collector's club for some time now...but alas no i am not a current member. but i'm starting to think that i'm a complete idiot for not joining yet....Unbelievable!
  5. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Four words: Pupils smaller, mouth closed. End of story. Otherwise BEEEE-YOOOU-TIFUL sculpt!

Series 5 is going to be the bomb.
  6. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

About Pepe

Word is the pupil size and placement will change in the final phase of production. So, no worries. :)

I actually like the mouth open. Pepe's always talking when he's on stage so it best fits his character. It also gives the character more detail. it will probably be easy for people to cutomize their own figures (like the wonderful ones I have seen on Palisades' board).

Remember you guys, this figure is around three inches tall. Not very big. If they couldn't make the mouth hinge work in regular Beaker, I don't think it would work in Pepe. It's a similar type mouth, but much smaller. If a Mega is ever made he should definitely have a hinged jaw.

For the -mouth closed- camp, there is always the PVC set. I feel it's going to be successful and we could easily get a Pepe PVC within a year.

Also keep in mind that we are seeing a 2D photograph of painted prototype in only a face-front position. Many of the characters don't look particularly right in that position - or in the first photographs. Remember how Fozzie first looked? And I think he's the best one so far.

So be patient. This was more of a sneak peek than a done deal. I think the sculpt is fantastic. How did they get all those tiny arm joints in at that scale?:confused:
  7. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, its astonishing how they got that detail. As for the closed mouth camp...err, well that would be me(tho Im sure more folks will realize some things are amiss about the current face)

But yeah, at about 3", dang...it is incredible...

Btw, for those interested in seeing the comparison shot of Pepe big pupil/mouth agape versus smaller correct pupils/mouth closed click here(ONLY CLICK if youre a club member)

http://forums.palisadestoys.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=31532

...what folks, you didnt think I'd really reveal it did you? heh
  8. MuppetQuilter

MuppetQuilter Member

If sales pick up, we could even get a mouth-closed version of Pepe in the figure line at some point.

I'm thrilled he's coming out. Now we just need tutu Pepe and Uncle Deadly.....
  9. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

I could not agree more...the fact were getting a Pepe figure(among other Pepe merch) is so cool. I also think everyone should be pushing for Uncle Deadly in series 7...forget Suggs, we want the Deadster!
  10. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

I want both, but I do want Deadly more. I have to admit that. After seeing more of Palisades work on Aliens vs Predator (live in the toy store) I thing an Uncle Deadly sculpt would be right up their alley!
  11. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Maybe this could be the start of a cuddly but grotesque Muppet line! You could have Uncle Deadly, Scred, and the Chamberlin Skeksis! LOL
  12. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

I wouldn't be jazzed about a Scred figure (not that it's covered or a desirable license to Palisades). Deadly is definitely on my list.

After viewing Palisades Alien vs Predator statue in a comic shop yesterday I really feel that high scale Dark Crystal statues would be a good idea. If Muppet Busts go for 60 bucks a pop, I'd pay twice as much for a detailed Skeksis vs Jen statue. I know Palisades would do a great job and it could work in limited release of a few hundred pieces. I think if those items took off, then figures would be next.
  13. BlueFrackle

BlueFrackle Active Member

Guys,

I think the sneak peeks look fantastic !

I WANT THEM NOW !!!

About Camilla, I think she needs blu eyes, And maybe something on her feathers ?

Like some light grey in some area's ?
    to outline ruffles of feathers ?

see ya
  14. Luke

Luke Active Member

From what i can remember Camilla does indeed have wings for whoever asked that. I agree she might have been a little fat but i think they got the whole Muppet chicken look down quite well. The 2D photograph i think is the problem here, if you swivelled her head a little it'd maybe look a lot better but obviously in the photo you can't do that.

As for Pepe, i liked him a lot when i saw him, i agree that maybe the eyes need work but overall he's excellent - nobody has said much about the hair which is i think one of the really strong points. Shame his mouth can't open and close - i had been thinking that so yeah, a Mega would be cool.
  15. Stryder Wolfe

Stryder Wolfe New Member

His hair and Gonzo's as well looks really, really good. Actualy, I love the Pepe figure..it's great!
  16. MuppetQuilter

MuppetQuilter Member

I want Deadly more than Marvin Suggs-- definitely.

I agree with Jamie, Palisades could do an amazing job on Deadly....
  17. Luke

Luke Active Member

Yes i agree too, although i have come round to the idea of Marvin over the last week or so too, but Deadly would definitely be a fantastic sculpt for Palisades to do .
  18. Gorgon Heap

Gorgon Heap Active Member

Okay Cory, I gotta say this: it's great that you have figures you passionately want to get made, we all do. But just say the figs you want, don't dump on the others. Personally I'd like both.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole
  19. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

Hey, no probs here! I could see that VERY clearly! :p
  20. Zack the Dog

I'm also a fan of the Uncle Deadly in series 7, not to push marvin out completlely but deadly's got more presonalty and a cooler looking sculpt.

does anyone think Pepe's neck looks a little too long with looking at jamie's menu above, but if his neck is shorter the figure becomes shorter and i don't want it any smaller then it is...I want it bigger! heck, forget to scale! make pepe as big as gonzo or kermit!;-)

i hope a little work is done on Camilla too!