1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

the Pepe action figure!

Discussion in 'Action Figures' started by Zack the Dog, Feb 11, 2003.

1. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

The Pepe in my menu is leaning forward. Go to www.muppetcentral.com and see the Pepe on the Valentine's graphic.
  2. Zack the Dog

Zack the Dog Active Member

Hi Jamie, yes i saw your meun yesterday, i actualy saw the menu change right before my eyes because i clicked back on the page then. It's very neat, Pepe flies by, but even so i wouldn't want the figure any smaller.
  3. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Couldnt agree more.

Btw, when Toy Fare rolls around I'll post up the comparison shot of big pupiled mouth agape Pepe versus corrected pupil/mouth closed Pepe(and ye shall see which one has a better likeness)^_^
  4. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Zack

Thanx. But what I was saying is that the neck is longer in that picture. Pepe has a long neck. I wasn't discussing the scale of the rest of the figure. You seemed to take issue with neck size. Glad you enjoyed the meny. Pepe almost didn't make it in. :eek:
  5. Zack the Dog

Zack the Dog Active Member

I know what your was saying, i just mixed up my typing, i ment that if Pepe's neck was smaller in real form, and say they did make pepe's neck too long (which they didn't) shorting the neck would make the figure smaller, and that it's a small figure to begin with i wouldn't want it any smaller, i want it bigger!:D

I was just comparing the figure with the one photo only, not really my own thoughts, as pepe is leaning forward in that picture as it was a bad example to compare with.

I get what your say, i just tend to mix up my typing with what i am trying to say, i do that with writing too, i want to say one thing but it come out in another way. i confuse people a lot with it, it's one of my week points, i feel bad about.

but no worries.
  6. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Cool. I actually may have even shortened Pepe's neck on the image above. I don't remember. Maybe not, but I have altered things before.
  7. SNLIM

SNLIM New Member

i would absolutely love any and all skeksis figures! i would give my right arm for skeksis (and/or mystic) figures.... i was somewhat impressed with the gelphling figures, but i thought they could have been to a better likeness. but actually i heard they were made from original drawings (just a rumor). but anyway, back to the point.... i would also love to see uncle deadly, scred, and chamberlin skeksis
  8. dlphntat

dlphntat New Member

I didn't get the email.

How do I find iout if they sent it to me, or if they have the wrong address?
  9. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Its an abomination that we have everything from Osbourne, Lttle Nicky, HR Pufifnstuff, Big Trouble in Little china, horror movie Mcfarlane, and everything else optioned into figures...but NO freaking Dark Crystal figures(and no those Hasbro 1982 prototypes or crummy Side Show 12" dolls dont count) I drool just at the prospect of a Palisades Dark Crystal line. Im actually surprised they didnt aquire the licence...since this is vastly more realistic than say them getting Sesame or Fraggle Rock. I guarantee that if they aquire another JHC property it would be Dark Crystal. Just imagine, SKEKSIS figures...I cannot stress enough how much these would rock.

I also would have a Skeksis make a background cameo in the new Fox Muppetshow, but then again Im insane;)
  10. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Palisades and Henson both want to make the DC figures. The issue is that they can't get enough retailers on board. I don't see why not. I find it sad that companies don't realize the power of the Dark Crystal in niche circles. At least limited run sculptures would sell. Maybe even more than Muppet busts IMHO.
  11. matleo

matleo Active Member

ok, I've been looking at pepe pics all mornign and i know what bothers me about him. His eyes are too rounds. they need to be a bit more oblong. right now the Palisades Pepe looks scared. Also, the bags under his eyes are too predominant. Pepe does have them but they don't run under his entire eyes. Chiefly though I'm inclined to agree about the size of his eyes. I know Ken said the pupils wold be shrunk at that is a part of it, but the sahpe and size of the eyes themselves is where i think Pepe is off. that's my 2 cents anyway.

--Matt
  12. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

Frogboy,

I'll tell ya why they can't get companies to get on board for Dark Crystal figures, it's because the last DC Dolls that came out in the past few years weren't all too hot looking and didn't sell too well. Suncoast here in Memphis has had the same 2 dolls since they came out!

I'm waiting til the price drops WAY down and then I might maybe buy those dolls.

But, I'm in no hurry.

If Palisades did it, though--yeah, I'm buying them!!

FOZ
  13. Luke

Luke Active Member

They'd never sell, the film isn't even back 'en vogue' like most old properties are when decisions are made to make something - the stores, even collectors ones are making the right decision not to take it - sometimes we just have to take the fan glasses off, kids. I don't think Palisades has much time now anyway what with their new projects - i think one inparticular with the mass popularity and higher profile it will have may even take precedence over the lil'Muppets. As a company they seem to be doing very well - they should steer clear of potentially loss making stuff and that way they can afford to keep the figure line going for a while.
  14. Stryder Wolfe

Stryder Wolfe New Member

I concur...there's a lot coming up on Palisades plate, and at least a coupel are already somewhat risky...a line of dark crystal figures would be too much....

and of the non risky licenses, yeah, one at least should be really big...
  15. Fozzie Bear

yup, Luke, you be right, man.
  16. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

I think action posed sculptures (not busts or figures) of the Skeksis would sell. That's a foot in the door. And with the reissue of the book, it's a perfect time. Scuptures don't need to be mass produced. A few hundred can be made and they can be priced accordingly. Palisades has done limited runs before. And the Skeksis have never had such representations made. That, not figures, just might work. It could drive up interest and eventually lead to figures. But is one limited run statue worth the license?
  17. Luke

Luke Active Member

Probably not Jamie, specially not when you are talking Henson license costs but you do have a good idea. Yeah, a little smaller run than the Muppet busts maybe, that could work if they felt it was profitable for them.
  18. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Darn those Sideshow people! I've seen the dolls up close and they are fun, but they could have done much better. Skeksis would have been a better idea to start with.
  19. Fozzie Bear

I'm guessing Jamie is a Skeksis fan?
  20. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

LOL! Well it's a much more interesting scupt that would have sold better to the target market than the gelflings. Mayhe they should have started with a Jen doll and a Skeksis doll. Second wave (if there ever was one) could have been Kira and a Mystic. Third could have been Augrah and a Podling or a Garthem.