The Puppeteers of America Review: It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie

Super Scooter

Reaction score
This is a review I found in The Puppeteers of America's bi-monthly newsletter, Playboard:

. Imagine 11 million people watching a puppet show at one time. Nov 29, 2002 NBC broadcast of "It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie" attracted around 11 million viewers. Joan Cusak was the mean, nasty "Scrooge"-like corporate executive trying to ruin the Muppets. Whoopi Goldberg was the heavenly "boss." BILL BARRETTA'S Pepe the King Prawn stole every scene where he appeared. ERIC JACOBSON did fine work as Fozzie Bear and Miss Piggy.
The film parodied the Christmas classic "It's a Wonderful Life," as well as presenting "Moulin Scrooge" a hilarious send up of the recent film "Moulin Rouge." Let's hope the theme of the Muppets surviving corporate greed is a self-fulfilling prophesy. .

Okay. There you have it.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Super Scooter thanks for sharing that with us.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
No problem. That's the whole reason I subscribed. Well, partially. It's a good addition when you get to read some stuff about the Muppets you normally wouldn't. I'll post again fro any other Muppet stuff that gets written about.