The Q and the Ants

mikealan

Reaction score
Do you guys remember this strange skit?

It was a cartoon about the letter Q that freaked me out as a baby.

It starts where some ants discovered a huge letter on ground, so they pick it up so tight to the top of the hill as the leader ant kept saying, "Up the hill, careful...All right then...here we go, hold up that letter!" Then they all yelled "Q!!!!!!!!" with lots of pride and this part scared so much out of me. Afterwards, all of the ants are starting to lose control and lost their balance, because they picked it up so strong, and they move slowly to the right of the hill as they try to hold the "Q", and then they all fell down the hill with the Q until this segment is over.

Can you read my message to me, guys?

Thanks!

mikealan

Reaction score
Thank you so much, Boober Gorg!

Boober, you've remembered that Q skit with the ants carrying the Q!

Do you think that it's shown on Sesame Street Unpaved or is it still shown on new Sesame Street?

Thanks!

ssetta

Reaction score
It has been on Unpaved many times.

mikealan

Reaction score
The Q and the Ants on Unpaved

Yeah, but does this appear on all Unpaved episodes that sponsored by the letter Q??

ssetta

Reaction score
I don't know off the top of my head, but I know it's been on there a lot. I know it was on quite recently.

mikealan

Reaction score
ssetta,

I think that the Q and the ants skit is NOT shown on Sesame Street in 1969. I think it started in the late '70's. The only Q skit I remembered from 1969 is the old letter Q claymation with a monster named Quincy. It was shown on Sesame Street episode #3, and I never saw it.

Do you guys remember what letters and numbers are sponsored on the first five 1969 episodes?

The one out of five I remembered is that #1 is sponsered by the letters W, S and E and by the numbers 2 and 3.

If you guys know what letters and numbers are sponsered on #2, #3, #4 and #5, please let me know!