The Return of the Dodos

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I hope that you all enjoy the following fan fiction, a follow-up to Sesame Street presents Follow That bird. Please enjoy it. Chapter one will begin soon.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
chapter 1

It was just another day on Sesame Street. Big Bird was rollerskating. Elmo and Zoe were playing tag. Alan was opening up Hoopers Store. Cookie Monster was getting ready to eat Cookies. And Grover was ready to clock in for his job as a mailman.

"Maria, Luis, I am ready to deliver", said Grover.

"Okay, Grover", said maria, "I'll give you the mail in a minute".

Grover watched the clock, waiting for a minute to pass. Maria gave Grover the mail in less than a minute.

"Here is the mail, Grover", said maria.

"But it has not been a minute yet", said Grover.

Grover delivered the mail anyway. First, he went to Hoopers Store.

"Here, Alan", said grover.

"Thanks, grover", said Alan, "Let's see what I've got. Bills, bills, store of the month nomination, bills..."

Grover went to 123 Sesame Street. He put maria and Luis' mail in their mail box, since they were at work, and since Susan and Gordon were also not home Grover put their mail in their mailbox. However, Ernie and Bert were still home.

"Good morning Ernie, Good morning Bert", said grover.

"oh, good morning, Grover", said Ernie and Bert, stimulaniously.

"Here is an oatmeal essay contest for bert, a monthly paperclip package for bert, and a book on the letter A for Ernie", said grover.

"Oh, great, I've been waiting months for this", said Ernie.

"yeah, I am happy with my mail, too. Now, if only I could get my bottle cap of the month soon", said Bert.

"maybe tomorrow", said Ernie, "and goodbye, grover".

"goodbye, Ernie", said grover, "By the way, do you two ever go to work?"

Grover then went to oscars can.

"What'ya want!?", remarked Oscar?

"heres your mail and Slimeys mail", said Grover.

"well", said oscar, "i'll take my mail as long as you get lost!"

Grover then went to Big Birds nest to deliver his mail. Big Bird came home soon after his mail had been delivered.

"Now, let's see what's in the old mailbox", said Big Bird. He looked throguh his mail. He got a letter from his grannie bird, a letter E from Harvey Kneeslapper, which made Big Bird respond, "must be E-mail", and a letter that he thought was delivered to the wrong address.

"Big Dodo? This must be a mistake", said Big Bird. He then went to the mail-it shop so that the letter would go to who it belonged to, but there was a line of people who were returning to sender.

"I can't beleive that monster delivered the wrong mai to me again!", said fat Blue, who was in front of him, "Why do I keep getting post cards for a Gobo fraggle?"

Big Bird looked at the letter again. He looked at the address, "Canary Row, Oceanview, Illinois". Then he looked at who it was from, "The Dodos". Then he rememebred..

"wait a minute!", exclaimed Big Bird, "When I lived with the dodos, they called me 'Big Dodo'. I have't heard from them since I was six, although I am still six".

Big Bird then opened the letter and read it. "Dear Big Dodo, long time no see. Miss Finch told u where you live and we are going to come to Sesame Street to visit. Love, Daddie, Mommie, Donnie, and Marie Dodo".

"oh, boy!", shouted Big Bird, "hey, everybody, you're not going to believe this!"

"try us", said Bob, "It took us 15 years to beleive you when you told us about mr. Snuffleupagus".

"try us", said a talking pinapple, "we're good for you".

"What's all this about, Big Bird?", asked Susan.

"well", said Big Bird, "You rememebr when I was gone for awhile because I had my very own bird family, the dodos?"

"How could we forget", said Cookie Monster, "if we hadn't been looking for you, me would never have eaten a volkswageon".

"yeah, and my volkswageon would still be in good condition", said Gordon.

"And I never would have had to have toss salad at a grouch resturaunt", said maria.

"well", said Big Bird, "the dodos are coming here to visit. You all will finally get to meet them!"

"oh, that would be wonderful", said mr. Snuffleupagus.

"yeah, Elmo would like to make some new friends", said Elmo.

"it's a wonder that Elmo even has any friends to begin with!", said oscar.

anythingmuppet

Reaction score
Thats good, dude. I cant wait to see this! Its probably gonna be insanity when they arrive.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
anythingmuppet said:
Thats good, dude. I cant wait to see this! Its probably gonna be insanity when they arrive.
They will drive some characters crazy, and some will get along with the dodos well. There is one character who I plan to have get along with them that would be a little unexpected, but you'll have to wait untill that chapter. You can still guess, and if anybody guesses correctly I will confirm that after the chapter comes where this character feels right at home with them.

I also plan a few surprises in this story, some having to do with Follow That Bird, others having to do with other Sesame Street productions. I guess that one of them wouldn't be too surprising, but that one will have to wait untill the next chapter.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
I must say, this is quite good! I really like how you capture the characters on Sesame Street. Also, I love the line by Fat Blue "why do I keep getting postcards for Gobo Fraggle" Funny stuff!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
chapter 2

Big Bird was excited about seeing the dodos again. Telly was worried.

"oh, no! What if when these Dodos come over Big Bird decides he likes them better than us, and doesn't want to be our friend anymore, and he leaves Sesame Street again to live with them?", said a worried Telly.

"Telly", said Luis, "He'll stay here. Back when he had a chance to live with them, he didn't like it there, he missed us, and he left them to come back home. I don't think that will ever happen again", said Luis.

"What are you tawking about?", said Baby Bear.

"Well, we've got to get ready for them", said Big Bird, "I'll call up all of my friends to comeover and meet them".

"I'll see if I can call Olivia and meet the people responsible for our road trip", said Gordon.

"I'll send Linda an E-mail", said Bob.

"you don't need E-mail", said Harvey Kneeslapper, who slapped an E on Bobs stomach, "you've got an E right here! Hahahahahahahah...."

"I would call David", said Susan, "But I don't think anybody on Sesame Street knows how to contact David".

"yeah, I don't think he even knows about our trip", said Gordon.

"so, bird", said mr. Snuffleupagus, "when do the dodos arrive?"

"Hhm, that's a good question", said Big Bird, "the letter doesn't really say when they are getting here. It could be today, it could be tomorrow, it could be in three hours, it could be in three weeks..."

At that same time, The Dodos were arriving at the airport. Miss Finch was waiting to pick them up.

"My, what a weird trip", commented marie.

"No, this is a weird trip", said Donnie, who triped marie with his arm.

"Dodos, welcome", said Miss Finch.

"Oh, welcome", said Daddie, "where are we going?"

"We're going to Sesame Street to visit Big Dodo, remember?', said Mommie.

"oh, yeah", said daddie, who then faced Miss Finch, "can you tell me how to get to Sesame Street?"

"I won't just tell you "I'll show you", said Miss Finch, who had them follow her to Sesame Street.

As they were walking, they walked past a giant TV screen at the airport with a big time news story.

"Hi, ho, Kermit The Frog here with some big news", said Kermit, "The Sleaze Brothers, who have been in jail for 20 years, are now being released from prision today. Oh, and here they come now. Excuse me, boys..."

"What do you want?", asked an aggressive Sam Sleaze.

"Well, I would like to ask you two men some questions", said Kermit, "Now that you have been in jail for 20 years...."

"Actually, the sentence was three years...." said Sam.

"Three years? I didn't know a single sentence could be that long", said Sid.

"Shut up, Sid", said Sam, "anyway, we had three years in jail, but it was extended as soon as we got caught trying to escape."

"well, you guys owned the Sleaze bros. Fun fair, right?", asked Kermit.

"That's right", said Sid.

"Well, since you still own your truck, are you going to reopen the fun fair?", asked Kermit.

"We might", said Sam, "but we are also going to be more honest, right, Sid?"

"That's right, sam", said Sid, "We are no longer going to be con men".

"Well, there you have it", said Kermit, "Two former crooks get out of jail and leaarn their lessons. Don't commit criems. This is kermit The Frog reporting."

Hpwever, the Sleaze brothers were lying to kermit.

"hehehe, that was a good story, Sam", said Sid.

"yeah, we sure did fool that frog", sadi Sam.

"Now we need to set up our fair and find that bird again", said Sid.

They went to their truck, which they still had.

"Where do you suppose the bird went?", asked Sid.

Sam thougth for a minute. "probably to his home".

They got in the truck. In the truck was a newspaper article about Big Bird running away to go back home. they looked at the paper.

"We'll see if he is at Sesame Street", said Sid.

"fine", said Sam, "but can you tell me how to get to Sesame Street?"

Barry Lee

Reaction score
That is really good. I can not wait to see more!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
chapter 3

Miss Finch had gotten the Dodos to Sesame Street within 6 minutes after they got off from the airport. Big Bird was happy to see them again.

"Big Dodo!", shouted Mommie Dodo.

"It's the Dodos!", exclaimed Big Bird, "how have ya been?"

"How have we been what?", asked Daddie Dodo.

"hey, everybody", shouted Big Bird, "the dodos are here".

Everybody came to the street.

"we're pleased to meet you", said Susan, "i'm Susan".

"i'm Grover"

"Elmos Elmo"

"me name is Cookie Monster"

"I'm Gordon"

"Well, we're all pleased to meet you", said Daddie, "I'm Daddie Dodo, this is Mommie Dodo, shes marie dodo, and this is my son, Donnie".

"oh", said Big Bird, "and this is oscar..."

"I don't want you to introduce me!", interrupted an angry oscar.

Big Bird continued to make introductions. "And this is Bob, that's Alan, this is telly, and this is my best friend, Mr. Snuffleupagus, the reason why I left."

"well, you're right", said Marie, "He isn't a bird. And when you told us about him, we didn't beleive he was real."

"Yeah, it used to be that way all the time", said Big Bird.

"we're all so sorry that we wouldn't let him visit just because he wasn't a bird", said Mommie, :it's okay if none of your friends are birds."

"oh, some of my friends are birds", said Big Bird.

Little Bird and Hoots The Owl then showed up.

"i'm Hoots, I play the saxaphone"

"and I'm Little Bird, although if I was in yoru family I'd probably be little dodo".

"I told the Dodos that anybody can be your friend no matter who or what you are", said Miss Finch, "I had to learn that the hard way, by trying to track you down."

"well", said Mommie, "let's find a place to stay."

They went to Big Birds home.

"this is my nest", said Big Bird.

"Where are we going to sleep?", asked Daddie, "there isn't enough room for all of us."

"well, I do know of a place where you all can stay", said Big Bird, "and I know the people there so well, I can arrange for you to get a free room".

Big Bird took the Dodos to the Furry Arms Hotel.

"Oh, good evening. We haven't seen you here in awhile", said Humphrey.

"My friends would like to have a room here", sadi Big Bird.

"Okay, let's see", said Ingrid, "we have a two-bedroom, four nest room that's availible".

"we can stay there", said daddie.

"How long will you be staying?", asked Humphrey.

"We don't know", said Ingrid.

"oh well", said Humphrey, "benny! come here now!".

Benny went to take them to their rooms.

"Here is your room", said benny.

"That's not our room", said Donnie, "this isn't even our home".

"This is going to be a long stay", sighed a concerned Benny.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
chapter 4

The Dodos were getting hungry.

"let's have something to eat", said Mommie Dodo.

"Oh, yeah, I'm so hungry I could eat at Penn Station", said Donnie.

"let's visit Big Dodo and see what he recommends", said Marie.

They left the furry arms hotel and went to Big Birds nest.

"hi, Big Dodo!", said Daddie, "We were hungry and thought we'd stop by."

"Well, I was on my way to doopers store', said Big Bird, "would you care to join me?"

"Oh, that sounds nice", said Mommie.

They went to Hoopers Store.

"Hi, Big Bird, what can I get you?", asked Alan.

"I'll have abirdseed milkshake", said Big Bird.

"Right", said Alan.

"And we'll have a plate full of worms", said Daddie.

"yeah", said the other Dodos.

"I'm sorry, but we don't have worms", said Alan.

"aw, shucks", said Donnie, "just like in our front yard".

"well", said marie, "can you recommend another resturaunt?"

"well", said Alan, "there is Charlies, but I don't know if they have worms..."

But before he could finish, the dodos left for Charlies resturaunt.

They all got there and their waiter was Grover.

"What can I get you?", asked Grover.

"we'd all like to have some worms", said Daddie.

"Yuck!", said grover, "we do not have worms here".

"Then we'll go find another place to eat", said Mommie.

They left their table and Grover left to get Fat Blues meal. As they were walking, they saw what Grover was serving Fat Blue.

"here's your spagghetti, sir!", said grover.

"Oh, boy", said Fat Blue, "you've finally gave me good service!"

"well, you did wish for better service", said grover.

The grover left, and as Fat Blue was about to eat his dinner, the Dodos came by.

"Excuse me", said daddie, "but can we have your worms?"

fat Blue fainted. They ate his spaghetti.

"hmm", said donnie, "doesn't taste like worms."

"yeah", said Mommie, "maybe resturaunt food isn't as good as we thought."

On their way back to the furry arms hotel, they came past oscars can. Oscar was reading a Trash Gordon story to Slimey.

"Hey, theres a worm!", said daddie.

"Let's have it", said Marie.

"What's this all about?", said Oscar.

"we're gonna have this worm", said Mommie, "We're all hungry."

"Well, you can't have my worm", shouted oscar, who took Slimey and put him into the can.

"Scram! Go away!", said Oscar, who then slammed the lid shut.

"oh, well", said Daddie, "I can find a way for us to get that worm."

minor muppetz

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
"here's your spagghetti, sir!", said grover.

"Oh, boy", said Fat Blue, "you've finally gave me good service!"

"well, you did wish for better service", said grover.
Grovers line about fat Blue wishing for better service is a refference to my previous fan fic, "Grover On Vacation", where at the end, everybody gets a wish, and Fat Blue wished for better service. I just wanted to point that out to anybody who didn't get that (either because they forgot about it or they didn't read it).