The Return of the Muppet Show Outlines--Special Guest, James Taylor

TravellingMatt

Reaction score
SPECIAL GUEST: JAMES TAYLOR

BRIAN HENSON INTRO: "Hi, I'm Brian Henson. This episode starred legendary singer and songwriter James Taylor. James was no stranger to working with Muppets, he had appered on 'Sesame Street' before. Here we recycle a bit we used on that show, as he sings 'Your Smiling Face' with some of the Muppet monsters. Previously, he had performed the song with Oscar the Grouch. So here's James on The Muppet Show."

COLD OPENING:

*knock on the dressing room door*

Scooter: "James Taylor, 15 seconds to curtain, Mr. Taylor!"

James: "Thanks, Scooter."

Scooter: "Boy, it's been great having you on the show. We loved watching you rehearse your songs. They're so nice and mellow!"

James: "Well, thank you, Scooter! You know, I think my music is soothing everyone's nerves around here."

(at that point Boober Fraggle pops up)

Boober: "MY NERVES! AAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!"

James: "Well...ALMOST everyone..."

OPENING THEME

Kermit: "Thank you and welcome again to the Muppet Show. YOu're in for a treat tonight because our guest star is that great singer and songwriter, Mr. James Taylor! I'm glad to have James on the show tonight because his music can soothe the most jangled of nerves!

(Boober runs onstage)

Boober: "MY NERVES! AAAAAAHHHH!!!!"

Kermit: "WILL YOU GET OUT OF HERE?! It's time for our opening number!"

OPENING NUMBER: The jugband perform the country song "Consider Me". Jerry sings the lead and it's obvious he's serenading Lou. (Who I think is slightly cuter than Janice. Sorry, Byron!)

Waldorf: "After all these years, Statler, what would you consider me? A chum? A confidant? A best friend?"

Statler: "A fellow masochist, since we're watching THIS show!"

BACKSTAGE: Apparently Bo is looking for something, and he's recruited Forgetful Jones to help him find it. The only problem is, Bo can't remember what it is either, and they both drive everyone nuts in their futile search.

(while they're picking up and throwing random objects)

Bo: "Is this it?"

Forgetful: "I fergot!"

Kermit: "Sheesh! I'm gonna go introduce James Taylor!"

SONG: James Taylor sings "Fire And Rain" with the Electric Mayhem.

Waldorf: *sings* "I've seen fire and I've seen rain..."

Statler: "You old fool, you probably saw the creation of heaven and earth!"

BACKSTAGE: Bo and Forgetful are still driving everyone nuts with their endless search for whatever it was Bo lost. They even annoy the usually mellow James Taylor.

SKETCH: "At The Dance", Bo and Forgetful are one of the dancing couples

UK SPOT: The Electric Mayhem perform the song "Werewolves Of London", with a couple of groovin' werewolves in the background.

DRESSING ROOM: Skeeter (the adult version) leads a group of Muppet kids (some from Sesame Street) into James' dressing room. They say their favorite song of his is "Jelly Man Kelly". With the assistance of Zoot on sax, James sings the song with the kids.

SONG: Rowlf attempts to play Beethoven's "Fur Elise", but is interrupted by Bo and Forgetful, who are now wandering aimlessly on stage.

SKETCH: Gonzo the Great attempts to repair a toaster in a fishtank filled with electric eels and not get electrocuted. Naturally, he does get shocked.

Statler: "Y'know, I've seen some shocking acts on this show, but that took the cake!"

BACKSTAGE: Bunsen unveils his Brain Wave Analysis Device, and plugs it onto Bo's head to see if he can figure out what Bo and Forgetful are looking for. Naturally, the results as to any brain activity in Bo's head are inconclusive.

CLOSING NUMBER: James sings "Your Smiling Face" with a group of Muppet monsters.

GOODNIGHTS--James, Kermit, Piggy, Gonzo, Bo, Forgetful, Skeeter, Scooter, Farley and Betty Lou are in front of the red curtain

CLOSING THEME

(Bo and Forgetful are now in Statler and Waldorf's box. The grumpy old men look, dumbfounded, at the two of them.)

Beauregard

Reaction score
Brillient. Can you do one with Owen Wilson as the guest star?. That would be great, I think he'd make a good guest star.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
That was great! I really liked those "Sesame Street" and Fraggle crossovers. Also, it was good to see adult Skeeter again.