The Return of "Whose Line is it Anyway"

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Never really heard of them. :embarrassed:

Eh! But who watches Canadian TV anyway?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Kathy Greenwood I can kind of understand, she's kind of like one of those personalities whose face your recognize more than the name, but you're honestly the first Canadian I've ever encountered who hadn't at least heard of Colin Mochrie. ><

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Just Googled him. Yes! I've seen him before in something..I know him from somewhere. Probably some Canadian show.

EDIT: I recognize him from "This Hour Has 22 Minutes". One of the few good Canadian shows. :wink:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Despite being Canadian, he's got quite a following down here in the US as well; funny thing when I went to see his and Brad Sherwood's show back in 2007, they pulled a girl from the audience for one of their games, and she whispered in his ear, "Colin, you're my secret crush!"... which his mic picked up and projected throughout the whole theater, to which Brad remarked, "Not much of a secret anymore now that 900 people know!"

Drtooth

Reaction score
This is true, but they should've probably at LEAST let the show end with the last 2 episodes.
The fact that he became persona non gratta because of that incident to the point where he lost an adult show that only adults watch was a huge slap in the face. I understand losing the Old Navy family clothing store contract... but really? A show that no child would bother watching? really? At least they brought him back for Modern Family.

Actually, I went to a Convention last year... they actually had dub voice actors doing a Who's Line type thing. Pretty funny, but everything was an inside joke.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It could have been ratings slumps too... like a few years ago, that THANK GOD YOU'RE HERE show with Dave Foley and David Alan Grier hosting? That didn't last but a few weeks. Frank Caliendo had his own show on TBS for one season (I really liked it though).

Drtooth

Reaction score
Summer replacement season has nothing to do with ratings. It's all about making cheap and often lousy programming that's deemed not good enough for a fall start up (even though quite a few fall start ups crash and burn just as quickly), or blasting through extra episodes of something that's getting canceled to fulfill a contractual obligation/not waste money. But the fact a show that no one under the age of 18 would bother watching anyway got pulled because someone did something that falls into the "unlawful to diaper a pig on Wednesdays in the springtime" category of nonsensical hum-buggery (at least where he did what he did) is completely wasteful, idiotic, and caving into prudish hate groups that masquerade as television advocacy family first groups. Just show the rest of the dang episodes, people only know what he did through comedic monologues and just find it funny anyway.

Which begs the question... what is proper etiquette there? "Oh, that's some nice doing things that can't be brought up in polite conversation. I'd applaud gently if the noise wouldn't disturb the other not at all perverts in the theater." Naw... I'm sure the XXX over the door just means they serve moonshine or exclusively show Vin Diesel movies. DUDE! That's what home video and the internet is for. It's illegal to be a pervert in a place designed for perverts. Why do they even still have those?

EDIT: Pardon me for ranting on about it of course. But come on... Chris Brown beat the crap out of Rhinana, said a few lame apologies and still has a career (only ones who acted responsibly are SW employees that pulled his segment), and Michael Vick had slap on the wist jail time for making dogs kill each other and still has a career. Fred Willard is apparently Satan for what he did. yeah... our priorities are screwed up.