1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

The RHLC!

Discussion in 'Henson People' started by ReneeLouvier, Feb 21, 2006.

1. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

I just got to see the Puppetman pilot at The Museum of TV and Radio! It's truly a shame that show didn't get picked up, it was very funny and even touching. Richard was great, he really stood out. I recommended the episode to some of The Museum employees. :)
  2. MeepBorkMeep

MeepBorkMeep New Member

Oh yeah, I saw a clip of it. Did they say why it didn't get picked up? The fifteen seconds looked good.
  3. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

SWAEHB! Oops, is this the thread for Steve Whitmere admirers? *embarrassed* Your Face! - If you don't get that, do a forum search for SWAEHB, and Your Face.
  4. ReneeLouvier

ReneeLouvier Active Member

How dare you incur the saying of the all-mighty Richard Hunt!!! *is laughing onto the floor now*

Seesh. No, this isn't the SWAEHB! It's the RHLC!! But you'd be certainly welcome to join! You just have to enjoy the man behind the geeky gofer!
  5. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Enjoy him? I got into enough trouble about that over at Swaehb...may I just enjoy his characters? is that allowed?
  6. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

Wow beau, if I were you, I'd be careful about how you use the word 'enjoy'. ;)
  7. MeepBorkMeep

MeepBorkMeep New Member

Perhaps..."like" or "benefit from intellectually" would be more appropriate for the current situation, Beau.
  8. Muppet Newsgirl

Muppet Newsgirl Active Member

Oh, my, are we splitting hairs over the meanings of certain words again? Last time it was 'indefatigable.' (runs off to grab Webster's)

Just thought I'd mention this: my family and I just came home from spending five days in England and one in France, and I brought home a few copies of the International Herald Tribune - Richard's preferred paper.
    That was the paper I picked up each morning from a nearby newsstand while we were in London, probably much the same way Richard did. Besides, I wanted something halfway intelligent to read on the train, so why not?
  9. MeepBorkMeep

MeepBorkMeep New Member

Oh, I used that paper for my school project. That paper's actually pretty cool. The stories are nice and short and easy to understand, but still basically interesting. He's got good taste.
  10. Muppet Newsgirl

Plus it's easy enough to cram into a backpack or a briefcase.

The IHT: recommended by nine out of ten Muppeteers for reading while sitting around partially in costume as Sweetums.
  11. ReneeLouvier

XD!!! I wish I could get that newspaper!!
  12. MeepBorkMeep

MeepBorkMeep New Member

It's on the internet. You could always just cut out the articles, paste it to some old newspaper, make some Sweetums feet, and read...but that might be a little...pointless.
  13. ReneeLouvier

...never thought to check it out on the internet. >> I'm really bright. ;) Thanks, MeepBorkMeep.
  14. Muppet Newsgirl

Yeah, it's got their web address listed right at the top of the paper: iht.com.

It's a good, intelligent paper with lots of good, balanced coverage, the thinking man's subway (or tube or metro, whichever term you want to use) paper. Mr. H. definitely had good taste.
  15. Skye

Skye Active Member

Just thought I'd bump up Mr. H in honor of him being wonderful, talented, and fabulous!

I was thinking about him, too. I wish I had known of him much earlier than I was able to, but I'm just glad to have the memories... the movies, the show's episodes, the pictures of him, the voices... to have a way to look back and remember him.
  16. MeepBorkMeep

MeepBorkMeep New Member

It's been way too long that someone has posted in this thread. Come on, people. Richard must be getting awfully sad. :(
    ;)
  17. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

I am fan of Richard Hunt.
  18. Skye

Skye Active Member

Hehe, a friend of mine and I were jokingly insulting each other today, and I said "Your face"... the first time I got a chance to use that. She didn't get it either. ;) I do love that comeback.

How cool must it have been to know him...
  19. MeepBorkMeep

MeepBorkMeep New Member

I've been there. The people I know have started saying it now, cause I kept it up, but at the beginning they were like "What?" and once some jerk that everyone hates said "Wow, a dork trying to be insulting". He obviously didn't understand that that's the joke of the insult. That it doesn't mean squat.
  20. Skye

Skye Active Member

Ha! Oh yeah, I can see how it would go over some people's heads. I know that most people I know... when I say it to them, it'll probably catch on because they have that same sense of humor. At least I hope so... gotta keep that cute comeback of his around! :D