The Rock, Hair Metal, and Whatever Thread

Old Thunder

Reaction score
Well, a band that fits in these Genres I love is Metallica. My favorite songs by them are "Enter Sandman", "Master of Puppets", "Fade to Black", "Until it Sleeps", and "King Nothing".
Their first five albums were great, but after the Black Album, they just lost their metal sound. St. Anger and Lulu are some pretty bad albums, the latter especially. If only they could go back to their early days....

DePingPong

Reaction score
I wasn't overly impressed with the title track when I first heard it, but Megadeth is my favorite metal band, and third over all, so I gave it another chance and actually realized why you should listen to the entire song before you pass judgement. :stick_out_tongue:

Still have to listen to the other songs, but "Dystopia" sounded good, so I bet the others will, too.
I definitely recommend listening to Death from Within, I think it's the best off the new album

Old Thunder

Reaction score
I definitely recommend listening to Death from Within, I think it's the best off the new album
I'll check that out when I get a chance. :smile:

Also, just remembered that I heard "Bullet to the Brain" as well. Not as good as "Dystopia", but pretty good overall.

DePingPong

Reaction score
Bullet to the Brain was my favorite for a little bit. The Death from Within played and I loved it. Poisonous Shadows is a beautiful track. This new line up for Megadeth really pushed them in the right direction and Dave Mustaine seems to be happier than ever with the way the bands going. I'm happy for him. Kiko and Chris are great additions to Megadeth.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
Listening to "Death From Within" right now. Wow, I can see why you like it. :wink:

EDIT: And now "Poisonous Shadows". Gosh, I'm gonna have to listen to the whole album! :smile:

Last edited:

DePingPong

Reaction score
Some sad news for the rock and metal community. Former Megadeth drummer Nick Menza has passed away.