The Saddest thing that reminds you that you're old...

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
The Big Bang Theory is 10 years old! :O
Really? Wow.

2 other things that are also 10 years old are Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games and Phineas and Ferb. I remember seeing the commercials for the former when it first came out, and I watched the latter on the night it first premiered.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Really? Wow.

2 other things that are also 10 years old are Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games and Phineas and Ferb. I remember seeing the commercials for the former when it first came out, and I watched the latter on the night it first premiered.
Wow! Phineas and Ferb is 10? ALREADY!? I was a huge fan of that show when I was a tween and honestly I still kinda am. It's just such a good show :smile:

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
The surprising ages of some of the things I like (both childhood and current)

Pokémon - 21 years old
Captain Underpants - 20 years old
Harry Potter - 20 years old
Bear in the Big Blue House - 20 years old
Mulan - 19 years old
SpongeBob - 18 years old
Super Smash Bros. - 18 years old
Happy Tree Friends - 18 years old
Mugen - 18 years old
Futurama - 18 years old
Family Guy - 18 years old
Neopets - 18 years old
Montgomery Gentry - 18 years old
Lilo and Stitch - 15 years old
Robot Chicken - 12 years old
Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends - 13 years old
American Dad - 13 years old
Zoey 101 - 13 years old
Fate - 12 years old
Spore - 9 years old
Asdfmovie - 9 years old
The I.T. Crowd - 14 years old

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I can see the wrinkles forming on me from just looking at that list....

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
It's really odd to me, the fact that at some point in my lifetime, both The Beatles and Doctor Who will turn 100 years old.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
You know you're old when you remember when the first "NOW (That's What I Call Music)" album was released. That commercial is still etched in my mind forever, they always played it during POKEMON every morning before school:

mr3urious

Reaction score

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
At least one generation has grown up and probably never used a typewriter.
Sure, you can type on your PC and see your results on the screen, but I'm talking about threading the paper in, setting your margins, making sure your ribbon has enough ink on it, and THEN you start typing.

Once upon a time Typing was an in-demand skill. Gals, if you were going to be a secretary (big demand way back when) and could type 60 words a minute, you were a hot commodity.

Back in 8th grade for me (1981-82, ancient history for some of you) most of us can peck out about twenty words a minute if you were good. And you had to watch your work carefully because if you made a mistake, you had to start over. Liquid Paper hadn't been invented yet, and correcting mistakes was time-consuming.
Our typing class (yes, that was a subject back then) still used these ancient manual typewriters, where you had to hit the keys hard. Sometimes the keys would stick. So imagine a whole classroom of TAPTAPTAPTAPTAPTAPTAPTAPTAP for 40 minutes a day. Our teacher, Miss Kisala, was a secretary, wrote a couple books, and could blow anybody away on the typewriter. Five pages?PTPTPTPTPTPTPTPTPTPTPTPTPTPTTPTPTPTPTPTPTPTPTT DONE!

I think there's a typewriter on display at the Smithsonian, so you younger folks might have some idea what this is all about.

Furbelle

Reaction score
How is that horrible show even still on after all these years? It's done more disservice to nerds and neurotics than anything else.
I used to watch Big Bang years ago and thought it was pretty good, but it got old fast. Can't stand it now