The Saddest thing that reminds you that you're old...

mr3urious

Reaction score
I think there's a typewriter on display at the Smithsonian, so you younger folks might have some idea what this is all about.
Aren't typewriters going through a renaissance of sorts among the younger generation? Plus, there are third-world countries that still rely on those things because of limited power and Internet access, so they're not completely dead.

Also, I'd love to get me one of those transparent typewriters sold in prisons so inmates can't hide drugs in them.

http://www.retrothing.com/2013/07/transparent-typewriter-perfect-for-ghostwriting.html

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I've seen a transparent prison TV set in a pawn shop before.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Actually, you know how I feel old?

When your friends start talking to you about politics, your parents talk to you about politics, and you yourself even pay attention to political news now. Granted, what with the whole deal with Donald Trump, it's understandable, but still.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
And actually, here's one thing that makes me feel old.

I really miss sleeping with a stuffed toy.

Now it's sleeping with your phone, and sometimes it's annoying because phones are just nothing but a distraction, whereas your stuffed toys it's like you have someone to be there to company you... Heck, I won't even lie when I say I was literally hugging a stuffed frog doll I've had for awhile (yes, a guy with a frog phobia has one) while sobbing my eyes out in bed when I found out an old friend from college died from a sezuire last year.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Same.

Remember when Telly slept over at Big Bird and brought like a boatload of stuffed animals with him to the point they were spilling out of Big Bird's nest? Yeah, that used to be me.

Maybe that's why I'm such an insomniac at as an adult? Aww, who am I kidding, I was always a light sleeper, even as a kid.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
And actually, here's one thing that makes me feel old.

I really miss sleeping with a stuffed toy.

Now it's sleeping with your phone, and sometimes it's annoying because phones are just nothing but a distraction, whereas your stuffed toys it's like you have someone to be there to company you... Heck, I won't even lie when I say I was literally hugging a stuffed frog doll I've had for awhile (yes, a guy with a frog phobia has one) while sobbing my eyes out in bed when I found out an old friend from college died from a sezuire last year.
The fact that you have a frog phobia doesn't matter. I used to have a toy snake that I played with all the time and generally I hate snakes.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
The fact that you have a frog phobia doesn't matter. I used to have a toy snake that I played with all the time and generally I hate snakes.
I have a very vivid childhood memory of being at my best friend's fifth birthday party. At the party, he was telling us about this new movie called Finding Nemo. Yeah, that film hasn't been new in a looooooooong time so the fact that I was old enough to vividly remember that day is definitely a bit concerning lol.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
@D'Snowth Dude, insomnia flat out sucks.

Like, ever since I went into bachelor's in my major, the way the program was set put so much stress to the point going to sleep has become such a chore.

Now, there are certain nights it feels like my body just doesn't want to go to sleep, and I blame it on the fact that it feels like I always have stuff on my mind (which, right now I do; just in terms of where my future is going to go), and it's frustrating because some nights I haven't gone to bed until like 5 or 6 and wake up very late and anti social. I tried taking 3mg melatonin and that stuff was just weak. I'm hoping 5 will work.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
It's scary knowing we only have 2 more years of this decade left, and the last 2 will mark 10 years of two of (in my opinion) the worst years of the 2000's: 2008 and 2009.