The Scooby Doo Movies

Beauregard

Reaction score
Hey, I just finished seeing Scooby Doo the Movie. It's great! At least, that is to say, it's great all the way through...until the end.

Gosh, what a terrible and weak ending it was. For those who havn't seen it, I won't give away the badie, but HUH? Stupid, supid, stupid...

Hope number two is better. What are you guys hoping for in number 2, and what did you think of number 1?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Are you kiddin'? That's the reason I loved the movie... Scappy Doo is the villain? Come on... after years of sitting through those God Awful episodes with him in them, that was the best punch line ever!!!

That's probably the thing I won't like about the sequal...

I dunno... I liked it... I wish they kept the animated opening in (Deleted scene on the DVD... I saw it at a viewing station at Virgen Megastore in Boston!)

Beauregard

Reaction score
Well, I've never seen Scappy Doo on telly, but he so sucked on screen, that I hated every second with him in.

Just'a, my opinion.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
Well, I've never seen Scappy Doo on telly, but he so sucked on screen, that I hated every second with him in.
Trust me... if you ever saw an episode of Scooby and Scrappy Doo (especially the episodes with 3 vignettes and no Fred Velma or Daphne in site) you'd be cheering that he was the villain...
:smirk:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
The first 10 minutes of the live action Scooby Doo was dead-on with the cartoon and was perfection to the core, and I had such hopes for the rest of the film. What a let-down! Especially with the whole Scrappy thing! I can't stand him but I would rather had seen them do something different with him than they did. Personalities of the characters were all helter-skelter with the exception of Scooby and Shaggy. Honestly, I thought it stunk.

However, I'll be seeing Doo2 in hopes that it saves face for the first film.

Best Scooby movie is Scooby Doo on Zombie Island!

Mr.Penguin

Reaction score
I hated Scooby Doo's film but an animated opening? I love those! I wish they kept it, though I think I saw it on a E! behind the scenes thing(chopped up to fit the show). The "Doo 2:Monsters Unleashed" plot is kinda dumb- somehow, real versions of "every villain they've ever faced" return to wreak havok on Coolsville. So Shag and Scoob try to proove themselves to the gang by defeating the monsters and saving the world. THE GOOD:Warner Bros. studied their Scooby history and let it take place in Coolsville (the gang's hometown in "A Pup Named Scooby Doo") and used old and forgotten Scooby villains such as the Black Knight (from the pilot episode) and Creeper.
THE BAD: After less-than-spectacular reviews from Scooby 1, they won't get as much money for it. (Tho kids who didn't see Scooby 1/liked it or likes Scooby will see it) THE UGLY:Whacked out versions of the villains like Creeper are a little too much.

- :attitude:

Beauregard

Reaction score
I have big hopes for it, but that's just me.

trekkie1701E

Reaction score
Me, too. I'm a huge fan of Scooby Doo. Loved the movie (except that nauseating escaping gas sequence between Scoob and Shaggy) and am looking forward with muuuuuuuuuch anticipation to the sequel.

As for Scrappy, oh God, I just hope WB doesn't decide to release those episodes on DVD. As big of a Scooby fan I am, there is absolutely no way that I'd purchase those shows.

Scrappy Doo -- second only to Three's Company's Crissie as the most annoying character on television :stick_out_tongue:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Personally, I had trouble with Daphne and Fred's characters. They made Fred waaaay too stupid ... just completely off. Actually at some points he seemed like Oswald from Drew Carey. Daphne seemed more like Dapnhe from a Pup named Scooby Doo..

But I neer pay attention to those guys anyway. Shaggy and Scooby were perfect, and I watch Scooby Doo specifically for them anyway.

I liked the first one, and I didn't think I would. I hope the second one is good...

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
I really didn't like the Scooby Doo movie. Although I do find the Scooby Doo Movies, in which the gang solves mysterys with celebraties, a lot more interesting.