The Series 9 Chef Figure

CherryPizza

Reaction score
Just out of interest: how many people who have the Kitchen playset will also be getting the Chef figure when it comes out?

I can appreciate that the figure makes the character more accessible to those who didn't/couldn't get the playset, I'm just curious as to how many ppl see a reason to buy a figure when there's already one version of it that is already housed in a playset? Do the plain white shirt and new accessories justify a purchase for you?

I'm up and down on the matter, and haven't made a final call (I'll probbaly get one, since I buy the figures as sets... whether I anticipate the figure remains to be seen), so I'm just curious as to what your opinions on the matter are

Cherry "They'd make a great set of Swedish crash-test dummies" Pizza

wembleyfraggle

Reaction score
I don't really wan't it, but I want the stuff it comes with, the figure itself is plain and boaring, and sence I already have the kitchen playset it makes this kinda dull! I might buy it, ill have to see it in person!
Tyler

jediX

Reaction score
Meh. I already have the other two Chef's, so the only reason for me getting this other than the annoying completist inside me that forced me to buy all three Johnny's is to get the tomato and banana... I've always liked those living veggie/fruit characters. Too bad I can't just buy those by themselves.

rexcrk

Reaction score
Since it IS a repaint and comes with new accessories, I might get it. But I'll get all the others first and then if I can I'll get the new Chef. If it were a new sculpt I'd DEFINITELY buy it though :wink:

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
I already have the regular and the exclusive, so I might not spend the money on it. I could always wait and get it when it gets reduced to clearance at Suncoast or Sam Goody in a few months, though.

King Prawn

Reaction score
Well i'm not that excited over him but i'll still get two of him one to leave MOC and another to open. That's my routine and i'm sticking to it even though the figure itself doesn't excite me much, although his accessories are rather cool.

CherryPizza

Reaction score
Hmmmmm... how did the words "series 9" appear in my subject line? I didn't type them! :confused:

jediX

Reaction score
CherryPizza said:
Hmmmmm... how did the words "series 9" appear in my subject line? I didn't type them! :confused:
Sometimes Phil/the mods modify thread titles for things like spelling/grammar/capslock, content, or clarification.

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Hmmm, interesting. Is anyone watching that Oola person?

Anyway, apparently I'm not as rich as you all! :smile: I WILL be getting the new Chef figure, and maybe someday, I'll be able to get the other two as well!

WiGgY

Reaction score
I think the Chef is worth it for the accessories. Besides, who says all Chef figures belong in the kitch? My series 9 Chef will be chasing a chicken around the Swine Trek bridge!