The Sesame Street Library Video Colection Volume 1

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I am planning on writing some scripts for a possible video series based on The Sesame Street Library book series from 1977-1978. I plan on having these take place in 1977, the time they were made. I plan on writing up to twelve volumes. Here is the first one.

(An opening sequence appears, with the words "The Sesame Street Library Video Collection". The title scrolls up, and the words "Volume 1" scrolls up in place.)

(The scene opens with Big Bird and Mr. Snuffleupagus in the arbor area)
Big Bird: Hi, everyone! Welcome to The Sesame Street Library Video Collection!
Mr. Snuffleupagus: Volume 1!
Big Bird: That's right, Snuffy. And you know, I think I should get all of my friends to appear and meet you. That way, they'd no longer think you are imaginary, and we'd all be togetehr for this first volume.
Mr. Snuffleupagus: I like what you're thinking, Bird!
Big Bird: Okay, I'm going to visit Ernie and Bert first.
(fades to the skit where Ernie, Bert, and Big Bird demonstrate tall, taller, and tallest, which then cuts to the skit with Arte Johnson talking about tall and short, and then the skit with Kermit talking about the difference between tall and short)
(Mr. Snuffleupagus is all alone in the arbor area)
Mr. Snuffleupagus: Well, Bird is still looking for people to come over. However, they have been busy. Bird told me that Ernie and Bert can't make it. He also said that Kermit the Frog is busy demonstrating tall and short. Maybe he'll be done soon.
(cut to Kermit talking about big, bigger, and biggest, and then cut to the cartoon where a man talks about the word up, then cut to Grover talking about heavy and light)
Mr. Snuffleupagus: I am heavy. That's right. Right rhymes with light. Anyway, bird told me that Grover can't meet me today either, because Grover has to go to work.
(fades to Fat Blue wanting his sandwhich to look just like the one on his menu, and then the Jasper and Julius sketch where Jasper thinks he lost his elbows)
Big Bird: Well, everybody is too busy to join us today, and to meet you.
Mr. Snuffleupagus: Oh, that's okay, Bird. I'll meet them some other time. I have to go home and take a nap. (leaves)
Big Bird: Okay, goodbye, Snuffy.
(as soon as Mr. Snuffleupagus is out of frame, Mr. Hooper cmes by, walking backwards)
Big Bird: Why are you walking backwards, Mr. Looper?
Mr. Hooper: It's Hooper! Hooper!
Big Bird: Oh, sorry.
Mr. Hooper: Anyway, I thought it might be fun to walk backwards, but it's a bit dangerous. Anyway, I've got to open the store.
Big Bird: It's been closed all day?
Mr. Hooper: Well, it's David's day off, and I overslpet.
Big Bird: And you shouldn't have been walking backwards. You should have been working.
Mr. Hooper: I know. Walking backwards can be dangerous.
Big Bird: And here is some danger!
(cut to the song Danger, followed by the Twiddlebugs trying to hang a stamp, and then followed by What's My Part?: Nose)
(Big Bird is now in his nest area)
Big Bird: I am one person. This is one nest. I have one head, one nose, and one home. Here are some more ones.
(cut to Song of One, followed by Harvey Kneeslapper's prank about the number one)
(Gordon is on the steps of 123 Sesame Street)
Gordon: And now it's time to say the alphabet. Can you say the alphabet correctly?
(Oscar pops out of his trash can)
Oscar: The Alphabet Correctly. (makes an evil snicker)
Gordon: Oscar, don't you have anything better to do than...
Oscar: No, I do not!
Gordon: Well, here is the alphabet.
Oscar: Or some alphabet mistakes.
(scene slides to the original version of ABC-DEF-GHI, followed by Kermit and a girl saying the alphabet)
Bob: The first letter of the alphabet is A. A stands for words like apple, airplane, after, and accident.
Oscar: Oh, I like that accident part!
Gordon: And here are some words from the letter A.
(cut to the following segments: Typewriter Guy: A-Airplane, monsters whisper A, and Ernie's A machine)
Susan: I wonder what we can do now.
Gordon: Well, I'm all worn out.
Maria: I knwo what we can do!
Susan and Gordon: What?
Maria: We can watch the news.
(cut to the Sesame Street News skit with Rupunzel)
(Maria is combing her hair in her bathroom)
Maria: I like my hair. I like to comb it, to keep it neat. And now here's Kermit the Frog again to talk to you about hair.
(cut to the skit where Kermit talks about hair)
Big Bird: My name is Big Bird, but you already know that. Big and Bird begin with the letter B.
Bob: Bob also begins with the letter B.
Bert: And Bert also begins with B.
Big Bird: I wonder what else starst with B.
(cut to the following skits: Letter B, Kermit's B sound slecture, and Harvey Kneeslapper's B joke)
(Cookie Monster coems to Hooper's Store)
Cookie Monster: Hey, Mr. Hooper!
Mr. Hooper: What, Cookie Monster?
Cookie Monster: Me want some cookies!
Mr. Hooper: Okay, and you're in luck, becaus etoday, we have the C special.
Cookie Monster: What C special?
Mr. Hooper: Everything that starst with the letter C is free.
Cookie Monster: oh. In that case, me'd like all of the cookies!
(Cookie Monster suddenly eats every cookie in the store)
Mr. Hooper: Now nobody else will have cookies!
Cookie Monster: No, but you've still got celery and chocolate milk. Now excuse me, me gotta talk about the letter C. (leaves)
(cut to C is for Cookie, followed by the Super Grover sketch involving a bus stop, and Herry Monster and John John talking about the difference between loud and soft)
David: Well, it's almost time to go, but before we go, here's a lesson from Roosevelt Franklin.
(cut to Roosevelt Franklin talking about ppoision)
(Big Bird, Cookie Monster, The Count, Susan, Gordon, David, and Maria are all at the arbor area)
Big Bird: Well, some of us are here to say good bye.
Bob: See you all next time.
Count: On volume 2. Oh, I can't wait to count them all!
David: See you later.
Gordon: But first, I'd like to say that Sesame Street is brought to you today by the letters A, B, and C.
Count: Thats' three wonderful letters! (laughs)
Big Bird: See you soon.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hmmm... Shows some promise. Need to work on avoiding misspellings, forgot to mention that the video volume was also brought to us by the number 1, and there was a shortage of C-clips/songs/segments. Maybe if you paced it a bit like the books, either the Library or Treasury, and added a bit of narration to the segments... It shows promise, just have to smooth out a few bits here and there.

superboober

Reaction score
How about the Perils of Penelope? Those were among my favorite parts of the Library series ("Hold on Bert, I can't be an Old Hero Switch Operator without my beard.").

minor muppetz

Reaction score
The Count said:
Hmmm... Shows some promise. Need to work on avoiding misspellings, forgot to mention that the video volume was also brought to us by the number 1, and there was a shortage of C-clips/songs/segments. Maybe if you paced it a bit like the books, either the Library or Treasury, and added a bit of narration to the segments... It shows promise, just have to smooth out a few bits here and there.
I debated over whether to include a "brought to you by the number 1" line for this, since this is supposed to take place in 1977 or 1978 (when the library books were released) and the number 1 didn't start sponsoring the show untill the 1980s. I also debated over whether to have this inspired by The Sesame Street Library or The Sesame Street Treasury (though if I did something based on the latter, I would have had it take place sometime between 1986 and 1988, instead of the early 1980s when the books were released).

I plan on making more volumes, with a varying amount of letters for sponsors. Some will be sponsored by one letter, some by two, and some by three. They will be in alphabetical order, as well as numberical order. Some letters will only appear once, while others will appear more times. It depends on how many letter skits I can think of, how many letters sponsor a particular volume, and maybe some other things.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I just realised that I mistakenly listed the skit "monsters whisper A". Actually, the skit has them looking at the letter A. Ooopsy!