The Sesame Street Library Video Collection Volume 3

minor muppetz

Reaction score
(The title appears on-screen, scrolling to the side as "Volume 3" scrolls from the side onto the screen)

(the video opens with Ernie and Bert standing in front of the steps to 123 Sesame Street)
Ernie: Hello. I'm Ernie.
Bert: And I'm Bert.
Ernie: Today, we are looking at the various colors on Sesame Street.
Bert: That's right. (points to the door) That door... (points to street sign) and that sign are both green.
Ernie: The outside of Hooper's Store are black and yellow.
Bert: And not only are there a lot of different colored things on the street, but there are a lot of different colored people. I am yellow.
Ernie: I am orange.
(various characters show up in frame)
Gordon: I am brown.
Bob: I am white.
Herry Monster: I am blue.
Prairie Dawn: I am pink.
The Count: I am one, one wonderful lavendar person!
Oscar: (popping his head out of his trash can) And I am green.

(scene fades to the following songs: Bein' Green with Kermit and Lena Horne, and Yellow Submarine)

(Biff and Sully are standing behind a crate at the courtyard)
Biff: Hello, everybod. It's us, Biff and Sully, and today we are going to count our supplies.
(Sully nods his head)
Biff: Okay, Sully, let's see how many wrenches we've got. (puts one on the crate) that's one... (picks up another one)...two...(picks up another oen)..and three. Three wrenches.
(Sully is about to say something)
Biff: (interrupting Sully) Now, Sully, let's count our hammers. (picks up one hammer) One.... (picks up another)...two...(picks up another)...three. Three hammers. And now let's see how many screwdrivers we have. (picks up one screw driver) one... (picks up another) ...two... (picks up another) ...and three. Three screwdrivers.
(Sully is about to say something)
Biff: (interrupting Sully) Now let's see how many screws we have. (Biff and Sully look inside a bag, but can't find any) Huh, that's weird. We don't have any screws. We have three of everything else, but not screws.

(cut to the following sketches: Song of Three, Jazz #3, Pinball Number Count #3, the rollercoaster film about the number 3, The Monster's Three Wishes, and the Mad Painter painting a 3)

Biff: Well, we bought some screws, but then Cookie Monster ate them.
(Sully sadly nods his head)
Biff: So instead of doing construction work for today, we thought we'd play a game. (the table has a hammer, a screwdriver, a wrench, and an F) Start the music!
(music starts playing. Sully looks around, wondering where the music comes from)
Biff: (singing) Three of these things belong together, three of these things are kind of the same. But one of these things just doesn't belong here. Now it's time to play our game.... it's time to play our game. (speaking) Now, can you guess which of these things doesn't belong, before I finish my song? Did you guess? Well, if you guessed this thing.... (points to the F), then you are absolutely right, because an F is a letter of the alphabet. It is not a tool.

(cut to the following sketches: Francis Fairy, and Typewriter Guy: F-Fly)

Big Bird: One great word that begins with the letter F is feet. I've got feet. (sticks one foot up) That's one foot. (puts foot down and sticks the other foot up) And that's the other foot. (puts it down)
(Mr. Snuffleupagus enters)
Mr. Snuffleupagus: Hello, Bird.
Big Bird: Hello, Snuffy. I was just talking about feet.
Mr. Snuffleupagus: Well, I've got more feet than you do.
Big Bird: Really? Let's count them.
Big Bird and Snuffy: (counting as Snuffy lifts each foot up, one at a time) One, two, three, four.
Big Bird: Four feet. I don't think anybody has three feet.
Mr. Snuffleupagus: Except for maybe Pegleg Snuffleupagus, the three-legged pirate.
(Big Bird and Snuffy chuckle)

(cut to the following sketches: Kermit's feet lecture, and What's My Part?: Foot)

(Big Bird and Snuffy are in the courtyard. Big Bird looks through the window of Hooper's Store)
Big Bird: I wonder why Mr. Hooper, David, and others don't ever look out the windows to see you.
Mr. Snuffleupagus: It's a mystery, Bird.
Big Bird: David is in there, facing the opposite direction. I'll see if I can get him to look out that window and see you.
(Big Bird goes into Hooper's Store. David is looking through the phonebook)
Big Bird: Hello, David.
David: Oh, hi, Big Bird. What's up?
Big Bird: Well, I would like for you to turn your head around, out that window, so that you can see my best friend, Mr. Snuffleupagus.
David: Well, Big Bird, I have to makwe an important phone call first, before I can see your imaginary friend.
Big Bird: But.....
(David: After the call. (dieals the phone)
(cut to the courtyard)
Mr. Snuffleupagus: Bird is going to get one of his friends to see me. This is so exciting.
(cut back to inside Hooper's Store)
David: Hello, this is David. I have a doctors appointment on the thrid of the month, but I have to work on that day. Can you reschedule? You can? Oh, good. I can't come on the fourth or fifth, either. Can I come on the sixth? I can't?
(cut back to the courtyard)
Mr. Snuffleupagus: Well, I am getting tired of waiting. I think I'll go home and have some cabbage. (leaves)
(cut back to Hooper's Store)
David: Yes, tomorrow is good.
Big Bird: Hey, David, Snuffy is.....
David: (to Big Bird) Shh! I'm on the phone!
Big Bird: But....
David: (ignoring Big Bird) Thank you. Bye bye. (hangs up the phone) Now I can look outside. (looks out the window) Hey, it is a pretty sight. But I don't see your imaginary friend out there.
Big Bird: He left before you could finish your phone call! (starts crying)

(cut to the following sketches: Cookie Monster uses Ernie's phone part 1, Martians inspect the telephone, Cookie Monster uses Ernie's phone part 2, Telephone Rock, Cookie Monster uses Ernie's phone part 3, Super Grover: Telephone Booth, and Cookie Monster uses Ernie's phone part 4)

(Oscar walks to the fix-it shop, with his legs outside of his trash can)
Oscar: Hey, skinny!
Maria: Oh, Oscar, what do you want?
Oscar: I was wondering if there are any spare parts in the stuff you fixed.
Maria: Well, yes, there are. Let me check. (goes into the store)
Oscar: I need some more broken items.
(Maria comes out of the store with a bag)
Maria: I've got a broken toaster wire, which I replaced with a better one.
Oscar: Oh, great!
Maria: And I've got some rusty crews and nails.
Oscar: Awesome!
Maria: And I've got some peelings from the toasters.
Oscar: Great! Hand them over!
Maria: Okay. (gives them to Oscar)
Oscar: I can have a party with all this stuff!

(cut to the following sketches: Keep on Truckin', the animated version of Being a Pig, Sesame Street News: Pinnocchio, Grover the Waiter: Hamburger, and Beat the Time with Cookie Monster)

Grover: Hello, there. Bob and I are going to demonstrate next to.
Bob: That's right.
(they get next to each other)
Grover: I am next to Bob.
Bob: And I am next to Grover.
(Don Music enters)
Don Music: And I am next to Bob.
Mumford: and I am next to Grover.
Grover: That is right.
Bob: Yeah.
Big Bird: I am next to Mumford.
Mr. Hooper: I am next to Big Bird.
Kermit: I am next to Don Music.
Prairie Dawn: And I am next to Kermit the Frog.
Kermit: Right!

(cut to the following sketches: Little Bird demonstrates next to, Kermit, shola, and fannie demonstrate "next to", Sherlock Hemlock helps Ernie find out what happened to half of his sandwhich, Swinging Gibbons, the version of Near and Far from the 1970s, and Mumford's disapearing cookie trick)

(The Count is in the courtyard)
The Count: Greetings, I am The Count, and right now I am going to count paper clips! Let's count them. (picks up each paper clip as he counts) One, two, three! Three wonderful paper clips! A ha ha! (thunder and lightning strikes)
Bert: Oh, there are my lost paper clips! Oh, thank yuo for finding them, Count!
The Count: That is one thank you.

(cut to the following skits: Headball, Cookie Monster goes to the library, Sherlock Hemlock invents paper, That Grouchy Face, and Doin' the Pigeon)

Big Bird: Well, it's almost night time.
Susan: That's right, Big Bird.
Big Bird: It is nice to look up at the stars in the sky.
Susan: Yes, Big Bird. There are a lot of stars in the sky.
(They look up for a minute. Mr. Snuffleupagus comes by as they look up, not seeing him, and he looks up, too. He eventually stops looking up and leaves. Big Bird and Susan stop looking up after Snuffy leaves)
Big Bird: That was great.
Susan: Yeah.
(Gordon, Bob, Willy, Farley, Grover, Gladys the Cow, and some real kids arrive)
Willy: So, you all are looking at the stars, huh?
Susan: Yes.
Grover: I like looking at the stars.
Gladys the Cow: I like jumping over the moon.
Farley: You would.
Bob: Well, we can all observe the stars.
Big Bird: Yeah...

(cut to the following skits: Madrigal Alphabet, and Cookie Monster and Ernie trying to figure out which one is which)

(Mr. Snuffleupagus is outside on Sesame Street, at night time, all alone)
Mr. Snuffleupagus: Well, Sesame Street has been brought to you today by the letter F and the number 3.