The Sesame Street Library Video Collection Volume 4

minor muppetz

Reaction score
(The screen reads The Sesame Street Video Collection, and then te words Volume 4 suddenly appear on-screen)

(Big Bird is in his nest, all alone)
Big Bird: Oh, hi. I am glad you are here. Everybody I know is too busy to play with me. And I can't find Mr. Snuffleupagus anywhere. But we are here, togetehr. Let's think of what we can do....

(cut to the songs Somebody Come and Play and What Do I Do When I'm Alone)

Big Bird: I know what we can do! We can count to four. Let's count, now, one, two, three, four. That's four.

(cut to the following segments: Four, I Just Adore Four, Ernie and Beautiful Day Monster hold up pictures of items with four objects for Bert to see, and Pinball Number Count #4)

Oscar: Hello, boys and girls. I am a grouch. Grouch begins with the letter G. I am gren. Green is also a G word. And now I'll take out some of my garbage, and garbage begins with G. (Oscar gets a gas can out of his trash can) This is a gas can. Gas starst with the letter G. (Oscar gets out a dirty grey shirt) This is a grey shirt. Grey begins with G.
(Gordon shows up)
Gordon: My name is Gordon. Gordon begins with G.
Oscar: Go away!
Gordon: Thanks, Oscar. Go also starts with the letter G. Another word that begins with G is Grover.

(cut to the following skits: Two G Sounds, Bert keeps seeing the letter H on his TV set, and Capital I)

(Big Bird, Gordon, David, Bob, and Mr. Hooper are all in Hooper's Store)
Mr. Hooper: Well, it's almost time for the big race.
Big Bird: Yeah.
Bob: I can't wait to see who wins.
David: Neither can I.
Gordon: Mr. Hooper, will you turn the volume up?
Mr. Hooper: My pleasure.
(Mr. Hooper turns the volume up)

(The scene fades to the Sesame Street News skit where Kermit interviews The Tortose and The Hare)

(Back on the street, Big Bird and Oscar, who is in his can with his legs out of the bottom, are behind a starting line behind the Fix-It Shop)
David: Okay, it's time for your race.
Big Bird: Oh boy!
Oscar: I don't care if I win or lose, as long as the bird is unhappy.
David: On your mark, get set, go!
(Big Bird and Oscar run on the street. Big Bird is the first to get past the finish line, which is past Big Bird's doors)
David: You win, Big Bird!
Big Bird: Yay!
Oscar: (sticking head out of trash can) Oh, you're happy! Aaaagh!!!

(cut to the following sketches: Mad, The Count sleeps over at Ernie and Bert's apartment part 1, The Nobel Ostrich, The Count sleeps over at Ernie and Bert's apartment part 2, and Grover attempting to sell Kermit a pair of earmuffs)

(Big Bird finds a mirror, and sees his reflection)
Big Bird: That bird looks like me. Hmmm.... Maybe I have a long lost twin who I have never met before. Maybe I should say hello to him. (to reflection) Hello. My name is Big Bird. What is your name? Say, why do you keep doing everything that I do? I asked you a question.
(Mr. Hooper shows up)
Mr. Hooper: What seems to be the problem, Big Bird?
Big Bird: Oh, Mr. Looper..
Mr. Hooper: Hooper! Hooper!
Big Bird: Well, this bird looks just like me, and he is doing everything that I do.
Mr. Hooper: Oh, that's not another bird.
Big Bird: It's not?
Mr. Hooper: No, it's a mirror. Your reflection is on a mirror. A reflection is an image of you that does everything you do.
Big Bird: Really?
Mr. Hooper: Yes. Just watch this. (Mr. Hooper looks at himself in the mirror, and moves his arms up into the air, and does a short dance)
Big Bird: Oh, I see now. (Big Bird then spots his shadow) Aaaah!
Mr. Hooper: I see a black ghost that's shaped like me!
Mr. Hooper: Big Bird, that is your shadow!
Big Bird: Oh.

(cut to the following sketches: Harvey Kneeslapper's mirror prank, Herbert Birdsfoot talking to Grover about his shadow, Ernie meets Bert's brother Bart, What's the Name of That Song?, Cookie Monster wanting to buy something that rhymes with the word "Buy", and Farley buys a hat)

Big Bird: Well, that's the end of this video. But before we go, I'd like to remind you that Sesame Street has been brought to you by the letters G, H, and I, and by the number 4.