The Sesame Street Library Video Collection Volume 5

minor muppetz

Reaction score
(The title "The Sesame Street Library Video Collection" appears on-screen, followed by "Volume 5" appearing at the bottom. This title appears over footage of a group of five kids walking downa city street, singing the Sesame Street theme song, as they go from walking in a street, to riding on a magical carpet, to riding on a bus. By the end of the sequence, the bus stops on Sesame Street as they get off)

Kid #1: We're here!
Kids: Yaaaaayyyy!!!
Bob: Oh, what exciting kids.
Susan: Look at them.
Oscar: I have never seen so many kids being so excited about being on a street. I'm leavings!
(Oscar puts his head into his trash can, moves the can up so his legs can walk, and jumps off the spot where his can sits on. Oscar then walks away)
Susan: Well, anyway, welcome to Sesame Street.
Kid #2: We are very happy to be here.
Kid #3: Yeah!
Bob: Well, what would you like to do?
Kid #4: We would like to meet Big Bird.
Susan: Okay, we'll get Big Bird.
(Susan and Bob go to Big Bird's nest area)
Susan: Big Bird! There are some kids here to see you!
(Susan and Bob go into the area. Big Bird is not there)
Bob: Well, it looks like he is not home.
(the kids groan)
Susan: Well, we can wait for him. Hey, let's play a rhyming game.
Kids: Yay!!!!
(cut to the following sketches: Ernie and Bert's rhyming game, Cookie Monster goes to the library, I'm an Aardvark, and Mahna Mahna)

David: Hey, Gordon, give me a five!
Gordon: Okay. (gives David a five)
David: Hey, Willy, high five!
(David and Willy give each other fives)
David: Hey, Bob, high five!
Bob: Okay. (Bob and David give each other fives)

(cut to the following skits: Harvey Kneeslapper's "Gimmie Five" prank, Five People in my Family, Mad Painter #5, Funny Farm, and Grover the elevador operador: only five people fit on the elevador)

(Luis and Maria are at the Fix-it Shop, teaching the kids a subject)

Luis: Right now we are going to teach you kids some math.
Maria: First, we will teach addition. Now, one and one are two, two and two are four...
Luis: Four and four are eigth, eight and eight are sixteen.....
Maria: Eight and four are twenty.
Luis: And now we will teach you subtraction. Twenty minus five is fifteen, fifteen minus five is ten, ten minus five is five, and five minus five is zero.
Maria: That's right.

(cut to: The Addition Game and King Minus)

Maria: And now we are going to teach you kids some multiplication and dividsion. first, multiplication. Five times four is twenty, and now time to divide.
Luis: Twenty times five is four.
Maria: Here are some more examples of dividing.

(cut to the sketch where Ernie and Bert divide jellybeans)

Maria: Since five times four is twenty, we will present to you the number twenty.
Luis: In english and in spanish.
Kid #1: Wait a minute!
Kid #4: I thought that 5 was todays number.
Luis: It is.
Maria: But 20 has paid five dollars for a spot on this show.

(scene fades to the 20 cartoon with a four-armed man, in both english and spanish. This sketch is followed by the skit with Herry and John John counting to 20)

Bob: And now it's time to play One of These Things. One of these things is not like the other, one of these things doesn't belong. Can you guess which thing is not like the other before I finish this song?
(the kids look at the objects -- three spoons and one feather -- and examine them)
Bob: Did you guess which thing is not like the other? Did you guess with all your might? If you guessed this thing (points to the featehr) is not like the others, well then you are absolutely right!
Kid #5: I guessed it.
Kid #2: Me, too.
Bob: That's great.

(cut to the following sketches: Fat Blue can't eat his soup without a spoon, Admiral Big Bird, Mumford's suspension trick, and Sesame Street News: Alice in Wonderland)

(Big Bird finally arrives on Sesame Street)
Kid #1: Look! It's Big Bird!
Kids: Yaaaaaayyyyy!!!!
Big Bird: Oh, hello, kids.
(the kids run up and give Big Bird a hug)
Big Bird: I'm glad to see you kids, too.
Maria: I'm also glad to see you back.
Mr. Hooper: Yeah. Where were you?
Big Bird: Oh, I was at the beach. I had such a good time. I saw Ernie and Bert at the beach when I was there, too.

(cut to the following skits: Bert planning ahead at the beach, One of These Things concerning sea weed and a star fish, and Maria playing a genie who David frees)

(Oscar is walking at the beach)
Oscar: Oh, I must have walked far. I am at the beach. Oh, it's hot out here, and everybody is happy. That's worse than on Sesame Street! I think I'll come back home and insult some people.

(cut to the following skits: the skit that shows what would happen if a frog and a fly traded places, and Kermit and Bob talking about frogs)

Big Bird: I've got this here jack-in-the-box for us to play with.
Kid #1: Oh boy!
Kid #2: Let's see something pop up.
Kid #3: Yeah.
Big Bird: Okay. (Big Bird turns the handle five times, and a J pops up)
Kid #4: It's the letter J!

(cut to the following skits: J Friends and J-Jump)

Big Bird: Jack begins with the letter J. Jack ends with the letter K. K comes after J. Now let's see some things that begin with the letter K.

(cut to the following skits: Typewriter Guy: K, Kermit draws a K, and The Pink Panther karate-chops a K)

Big Bird: Now what does everybody want to do?
Kid #2: I'd like to sing!
Kid #4: Me, too!
Big Bird: Okay, come on everybody!
(Bob, Gordon, Susan, David, Olivia, Willy, Mr. Hooper, and Maria show up)
Big Bird: Sing, sing a song...
Maria: Sing out loud, sing out strong...
Willy: Sing of good things, not bad. Sing of happy, not sad.
Bob: Sing, sing a song. Make it simple to let your whole life long...
Susan: Don't worry if it's not good enough for anyone else to hear!
Gordon: Just sing, sing a song.
All: La, la, la la la, la la, la la la la, la, la, la, la la la la.......
Big Bird: (talking over everybody's "la la" singing) And now, here are some more singers!

(cut to the following sketches: The original pilot version of Rubber Duckie, Lulu's Back in Town, The People in Your Neighborhood concerning a postman and a fireman, and Some of Us Are Here)

Big Bird: Now I will go around the street sign. (walks around the sign) Now I will go over this here box. (walks over a box in the ground). And now I will go through my doors. (walks through the doors to his nest) I don't know what I can go under, but here are some examples of over, under, around, and through.

(cut to the following sketches: Alice Braitewait Goodyshoes demonstrates over, under, and through, and Grover's "Over, under, around, and through" song)

(Oscar is back in his usual spot)
Oscar: Well, here I am back on Sesame Street. Now let's see who I can insult. (sees Gordon) Hey, baldy! Teach any kids today?
Gordon: That's not very nice of you, Oscar.
Oscar: (making evil snicker) (sees Maria) Hey, skinny! Why don't you speak some spanish?
Maria: Will you quiet down? (leaves)
Oscar: (seeing Mr. Hooper) Hey, Hooper! Why don't you go back into your store?
Mr. Hooper: (angered) I will!
(Willy pushes his hot dog stand past Oscar's can
Oscar: Hey, Santa Claus, got a present for me?
Willy: Matter of fact I do. (hands Oscar a hot dog) Here!
Oscar: Wait a minute.. you mean you are not upset?
Willy: no.
Oscar: Well, I don't want it! (throws hot dog on the ground)

(cut to the following skits: The Count hires Ernie to be his elevador operador, Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds, and I Want a Monster to Be My Friend)

Big Bird: Well, the kids have to leave now. Bye, kids.
Kids: Bye, Big Bird.
Big Bird: You know, I would like to count you kids before you leave. Let me count you. (counts each kid one at a time as they walk past him) One, two, three, four, five. Five kids. (to audience) Oh, that reminds me. Sesame Street has been brought to you today by the number five and the letters J and K.
Maria: It was also brought to you by the bonus number 20.