The Seventh (Somewhat) Annual Muppet Central Forum Awards 2011

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
Well... we REALLY need votes... so if you can make it happen, we'd of course LOVE to have your votes! :big_grin:
Prawnie, you know how we get e-mails that announce things like Muppet appearances and important news in the Muppet universe from MC, then invite people to watch it then come discuss it? Have you tried sending out an e-mail like that (if it's even possible) to announce the awards?

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Prawnie, you know how we get e-mails that announce things like Muppet appearances and important news in the Muppet universe from MC, then invite people to watch it then come discuss it? Have you tried sending out an e-mail like that (if it's even possible) to announce the awards?
That is a wonderful idea! Unfortunately, that would require official involvement from the MC staff--something we've never really been fully able to get. So while it is a great idea, unfortunately I doubt it will happen unless Phil or someone stumbles upon this thread.

Slackbot

Reaction score
Dumb question here: for the fan fiction, what qualifies as 2010 fiction? Started in 2010, finished in 2010, any part of it written in 2010, wholly written in 2010? Does it need to be finished, or are unfinished stories eligible?

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Dumb question here: for the fan fiction, what qualifies as 2010 fiction? Started in 2010, finished in 2010, any part of it written in 2010, wholly written in 2010? Does it need to be finished, or are unfinished stories eligible?
Started in 2010, but they don't have to be completely finished. Unfinished stories have won numerous times in the past.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Ok everyone!

We here at the awards have been doing some thinking, on how to get more votes. We have decided to open the voteing for anything and everyone here on the Forum...

Wait so what does that mean dwayne1115 are you saying that even if I became a member in 2011 I could be up for a vote? Yes, now you can vote for members who have been here from the start to people who have just recently joined!

Dwayne1115 does this also mean I can vote for whatever tread I like it? That's right! If it's a thread on MC forums and you want to give it notice drop a vote for that thread. It could be one of the oldest thread or one that was just started last week.

Why dwayne1115 why are you doing this? That is a good question! We are doing this because we NEED your votes! If we do not get more votes soon we will sadly have to can the awards this year! So even if you have voted feel free to re-vote. since there is more of a choice. I'm going to also open up my PM box if you would like to just send in your vote by PM please do, and I will send it off!

Now lets let the magic begin!

Slackbot

Reaction score
Does this mean additional "all-time" categories, or that the 2010 categories have been replaced by all-time categories?