The Simpsons DVDs

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Um...I'm not quite sure what you mean...:confused:

Lol, nah, it's just a lot of useless pop culture knowledge. I absorb it like a sponge. May come in handy if I ever get on "Jeopardy!" or something.
^_^ I just meant that you seem to know about tons of movies that noone's heard of in a long time, and you even know the names of the episodes! I'm impressed. You totally could have been on that show Beat the Geeks.
But, I'm sort of like that with Family Guy instead of the Simpsons, sadly... :embarrassed:
Thanks for those plot synopsis... synopsises? Synopsi? Either way thanks! :big_grin: I've definately seen the college one, I just couldn't remember it.

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
^_^ I just meant that you seem to know about tons of movies that noone's heard of in a long time, and you even know the names of the episodes! I'm impressed. You totally could have been on that show Beat the Geeks.
But, I'm sort of like that with Family Guy instead of the Simpsons, sadly... :embarrassed:
Thanks for those plot synopsis... synopsises? Synopsi? Either way thanks! :big_grin: I've definately seen the college one, I just couldn't remember it.
Glad I could refresh your memory on the college ep., Mrs. P.!

"Beat the Geeks" was a great show! As was "Win Ben Stein's Money."

Yeah, I have tons and tons of useless movie knowledge lodged in my cranium. But I have to say, it does come in handy when gambling...er, playing Trivial Pursuit...

What, you mean you don't know who the cinematographer was on The Incredibly Strange Creatures Who Stopped Living and Became Mixed-Up Zombies? Or who the second-unit director was on Elvis's Harum Scarum? C'mon, everybody knows that stuff, lol!:big_grin:

And yeah...I kinda, sorta have quite an extensive knowledge of Family Guy, as well (he said modestly).

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Winslow Leach said:
"Beat the Geeks" was a great show! As was "Win Ben Stein's Money."
I use to watch both of those shows!

Yeah, I have tons and tons of useless movie knowledge lodged in my cranium. But I have to say, it does come in handy when gambling...er, playing Trivial Pursuit...
It's only useful when you don't own a 35-year-old version of Trivial Pursuit... :rolleyes:

What, you mean you don't know who the cinematographer was on The Incredibly Strange Creatures Who Stopped Living and Became Mixed-Up Zombies? Or who the second-unit director was on Elvis's Harum Scarum? C'mon, everybody knows that stuff, lol!:big_grin:
Yes, everyone with too much time on their hands. :stick_out_tongue: **cough**

And yeah...I kinda, sorta have quite an extensive knowledge of Family Guy, as well (he said modestly).
That's okay, that's impressive! I'm totally in love with Stewie and Brian.

I'm going off-topic... ><

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Who the second-unit director was on Elvis's Harum Scarum?
That would be a fellow named Eddie Saeta, whose numerous other credits include The Three Stooges in Orbit and The Three Stooges Go Around the World in a Daze.

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
MrsPepper said:
I'm totally in love with Stewie and Brian.
As am I! I mean...not that there's anything wrong with that, I...um...you know what I mean, lol! They're a classic comedy team!

Back on topic:

Giraffes should not be discriminated because of their height, darn it, and I propose to...oh...wrong thread...

Simpsons DVDs. Rock on! No matter what season you get, it's more than worth it, what with the copius extras and uncut episodes and stuff...

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Wow thats crazy that you know that....
Thanks!

It's interesting to note that Gene Nelson, an actor and dancer, probably best known for his role as Will Parker in the film version of Oklahoma! (1955) worked with Eddie Saeta on the biopic of Hank Williams, Your Cheatin' Heart (1964). The role of Williams was intended for Elvis, but instead went to George Hamilton. Elvis did Kissin' Cousins (1964) and Harum Scarum (1965) with Nelson instead.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
I don't own Simpsons sets, but I have two Futurama volumes and I love the commentary, so it's probably just as good on the Simpsons sets too!

(See? I can stay on topic! :wink: )

Winslowasaturtle said:
As am I! I mean...not that there's anything wrong with that, I...um...you know what I mean, lol! They're a classic comedy team!
It's so true. My favourite scene is in Road to Rhode Island when they're in the shady motel room.... "Oh, for GOD's sake, he's wearing a wire!"

muppet baby

Reaction score
Hi i just bought season 3 at target today and i love it very much , and i own seasons one and two and really love that one so much .
i can't wait to get the rest of them . i am really wanting to get the rest of the seasons that where in the Simpson heads i found a homer head at target a couple of weeks ago .

i would have bought them before Marge Lisa and Maggie but i waited to long and did not realize that they where limited number being made looooooooo:frown: but as soon as the season 10 bart head goes down in price i am going to get it i have until christmas from what i have seen in past sales to get it .

last christmas the lisa and maggie and marge heads boxs went for 20 dallars ! .

i think that i might get it i can afard it at 30 dollars so as soon as it gets to that season 10 i might get it then .

Ok sorry back to topic ,

i really love all of the seasons so far although i think that the early ones are the best .
i really love this show a lot it started when i was 9 years old ,
i still can not belive that it seems so werid in a way :wink: Well mrs pepper i think that of the first 5 seasons 3 is also the best .

i hope that when you go and get one of the box sets you will come and tell us what you think :wink: .
Alough after i think about it for a min season 2 is great also some of my faverite eposides are in that season .

With season 1 though you get to watch how the amation chages that is really cool so if you can affard it i would buy season 1 & 2 at the same time and watch them back to back and see about the animation .

The story lines are really great for both of them .