1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

The Sixth Somewhat-Annual Muppet Central Forum Awards 2010

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by theprawncracker, Jan 18, 2010.

1. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Just to let everyone else know, that the chap I have asked to host this year will probably go through a screening process by all of the mods before he may be allowed to join us in the festivities.

I mean, we can't let just ANYONE host, now can we?
  2. dwmckim

dwmckim Well-Known Member

And a "Who's Your Tailor? I Love that outfit!" category!

Actually, kidding aside i do have a serious suggestion (since the categories are already set up for this year, this would be one for the files for 2010) - i would reccomend a "Most Valuable Insider" category for the following reasons:

- To encourage insider involvement
    - We've been very fortunate since the forum started back in the original Delphi days to have some quality people involved here from Muppeteers to people working on products getting our feedback on how to make their lines better and those that really go above and beyond the call of duty to interact with us should be honored.
    - The level of insight, information and value of participation insiders can provide is on a level of its own that is really seperate from the other forum members. Without a seperate category for them, it pits them against others in other categories where they have a bit of an edge when ultimately that would be best channeled into an insider award.

What can i say? Working for 10 years at a market reseach firm gets one overly thinking about the process of data collection in surveys, polls, and awards!
  3. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

I like this idea! I think having insiders on the froums really connects fans and so on. It also gives the insieders some tips and things that could be worked on. I know many times in the ask Jim thread Jim himself has said that on stuff we bring up he would work on it. So for us fans that means a great deal to us.
  4. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

Dawyne, technically the Ask Jim Lewis thread doesn't qualify. The list includes Outstanding Thread Started in 2009. Ask Jim Lewis was started in 2008.

I would vote for it, it's a great thread. But, it just doesn't qualify.

:(
  5. Beakerfan

Beakerfan Active Member

What, no lurker's award? ;)

I guess I'm just too*underrated* for there to be an award like that.... that's the only award i'd have a chance with this year lol.
  6. D'Snowth

*Still awaits the results of our host's screening process*
  7. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Hmm...yeah, there isn't a funny-lookin' award...
  8. Beakerfan

Beakerfan Active Member

HEEEY! That's..... a great idea, Beau! I could totally pull off that award! :D
  9. DrmaticEmphasis

DrmaticEmphasis New Member

Heyy..... that one is mine!:p
  10. Beakerfan

Beakerfan Active Member

PFFFT! Dream on, dearie. Dream on.
  11. Kiki

Kiki Active Member

I've voted! :D I'm so excited... though I think I'll be at school -AGAIN T.T- during the cememony! ;_;

On a different note, d'you guys reckon this thread will get noticed in the "feedback" section? I know it's appropiate, but was it my imagination or last year it was in "Friends and Family"? I won't lose sleep from it, just thought that I'd bring that up.
  12. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

It is normally in Friends and Family. I thought more people would notice it in Feedback since it's at the top of the forum rather than near the bottom. *shrug*
  13. D'Snowth

Still no word on our host's screening process. :|
  14. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

Who is running this screening process and why are they painfully slow? :p
  15. Kiki

Kiki Active Member

Ah, good thought. I never thought of that, now there's a smart lad.
  16. D'Snowth

1. The dedicated and hard-working moderators of Muppet Central Forum.
    2. Because they have lives?

Either that, or maybe they're leary of his "past". O.O
  17. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

1 It feels more appropriate this year in Feedback because the formation of the committee to make the ceremony smoother in the transition did reach out to Mr. Chapman in the hopes he and by proxy the site itself would join in the promotion of the forum's own self-hosted semi-annual award ceremony.
    2 The reasons put forth by a certain snowth as to the ceremony's host's screening process are valid... However, unfortunately, there is the addition of the fact that the host is merely a shell of a fellow member, a sockpuppet account if you will, and so that has delayed his admission into our community. Sorry to inform you of this but them's the rules.
    Hope this doesn't put too much of a damper on your search for a host. Maybe Jay Leno can help like when he offered Bobo... He seems to have put a former host named O'Brian out into the job market once again. :smirk:
  18. dwmckim

Just get Kathy Griffin. She'll do anything and everything.
  19. D'Snowth

Lookie here, if there's ANY Kathy G. to get for this show, it's gonna be Kathy Greenwood. Nuff said.

But like Ed said, yes, the complication with our host is that it IS a sockpuppet account, I admit that, and I do know it's against the rules, BUT, as I've stated in my "case", this only being done in the spirit of the fun and hilarity of these award shows, and I've even suggested that once the ceremony's over with that the account can be closed immediately.
  20. dwmckim

Would it make a difference if a sockpuppet wore a shoe for the ceremony?

I also think it's a good idea for this to go in Feedback because there's many members who only visit certain subforums or don't pay attention to others. If one's not into the "What tune are you twiddling your thumb to today?" threads they may skip right over it and it gets more people involved and rounds it out more instead of ending up coming across like a role-playing gamers' love-fest or something like that.