The Sonic Boom Thread

KremlingWhatnot

Reaction score
Well, everybody, while it's not slated until the fall, I'm looking forward to this Sonic series, but I was wondering, is anyone else looking forward to it, here's the trailer, I like how Sonic's voice is like his voice from Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog, but then again, that's just me, and PINGAS!, sorry people, I could not get away without saying that while mentioning Adventures :stick_out_tongue:, anyways, hope you enjoy the trailer.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I swear there were more posts in this thing.

It's fall and just about everything related to Sonic Boom is out...

everything, that is, except the actual cartoon series. Hmmmm. There's even a preview for the Comic Book Tie In Bringing Sonic's comic book count up to three monthly series (yet Mega Man X doesn't have a spinoff yet). The toy line is readily available at TRU, and video game trailers are plentiful. Just... when the heck is CN even going to air this thing? There's not even a preview trailer on the network yet.

EDIT: Just read the preview. There's a nice little stab at the earlier issues written by Mike Gallager with the "did you say my name as a logo" bit. If you read those early ones, you'd get what I'm saying.

Last edited:

Drtooth

Reaction score
YAY! Guess what. The show premeres next Saturday...

Without any promotion of any kind...

at 7 in the morning when everyone's asleep.

Great job with this one, CN. I'm sure no one will notice the change in the marathon of shows that are already marathoned all week long. Friggin' show could even fit in he 15 minute by 15 minute line up and was meant to.

But hey! An early morning death slot is pretty good too. My question is, why did you bother buying the rights to this show again?

mr3urious

Reaction score
Don't be shocked if this show gets low ratings, CN. :rolleyes:

Drtooth

Reaction score
They don't care. There's no way the ratings will be good if they're on that early. Same fate will no doubt fall on Robots in Disguise.

I just... I really don't get it. Nick's the only network that even has original programming on Saturday Mornings, so where's this amazing competition? I really don't get why it needs to be on that early. it's sabotage, obviously. I'm glad CN has a hit with several shows. I don't get why they'd destroy the chances of anything not created by them. But hey, there's like 3 places a cartoon can go now. Nick, CN, or XD.

mr3urious

Reaction score
At least it's airing in this country around the same time as everyone else, even though it's a American/French co-production using a Japanese franchise.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The only hope is through legal streaming, Downloads, and DVR's. I wish I had the DVR package. I wouldn't mind about it, minus the fact they've doomed it to failure on purpose. Seriously. EVERYONE but CN is doing their darndest to promote the show and tie ins. They can't even give it a nice 8:30 slot? They can't get rid of one Teen Titans Go rerun for that?

mr3urious

Reaction score
This was a pretty good show. The setting feels very SatAM with its use of treehouses and huts a la Knothole, but the wackier tone feels more at home with Adventures. Sticks isn't a bad character either, her paranoia nicely balancing out Amy's level-headedness.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm excited that the toyline has the first available Cubot and Orbot figures. Glad to hear they're part of the show too. I just have to wait for eh...somewhere to watch it.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Finally got to check it out, and so far, I quite enjoy it. I'd say it's probably my third favorite Sonic cartoon behind SatAM and Adventures. A definate improvement over Sonic X, which I did like but too much Japanese kiddy show stuff seeped in (the reason behind Chris being on the show, as the audience surrogate character). I especially like that, without Japanese influence, Amy isn't all Japanese housewifey to Sonic and she manages to be a wacky character in her own right.

Seems that they've slightly Simon Belmonted Knuckles, which I gotta admit I don't mind specifically for this show. I like them being slightly friendly rivals instead of Knuckles being all broody and Protoman like. Love his new ego boost. And Sticks manages to be a solid character so far.

But of course, I must talk about Dr. Eggman. I'm loving Eggman as I usually am. They've managed to make him even more of a buffoon than before, and that's awesome. I've always preferred funny Robotniks over serious ones. The episode where he crashes on Sonic's couch was already a series highlight, and I love how his secret devious plan bit him on the butt hard. And I'm also happy Cubot and Orbot are in tow. Eggman always needs a couple goofy sidekicks to give that extra edge of humor. From Scratch and Grounder to Bocoe and Decoe. Glad to see those characters from the video games managed to keep their roles in the cartoon. Guess Cubot's voice chip has been repaired though. Would have been funny to keep his damaged chip a running gag, but it would have gotten old.