The Sonic Boom Thread

KremlingWhatnot

Reaction score
I just saw 2 episodes. Talk about humor! It's like they're trying their hardest to break the 4th wall, and they're doing a really good job of it. The show is very hilarious. I love it! Knuckles doesn't seem like the meanie he originally was. It's a really great show so far.
Yup, defenetly some of the best humor on a TV Show since the 90s, heck, the show in general reminds me of Animaniacs, a show I loved as a kid and still good today, that I assume spawned most of it's humor influence, that good ol' nutty humor is still there, also, I actually like this more than The 7D, a show that also has nutty humor, which while it does know how to use it, the problem is that is doesn't use enough, but that's just in my book, although the 7D does have plenty of innocence, which I think more cartoons need in my opinion, but back on Sonic Boom, yeah, the show uses a lot of humor, and that's what makes it good.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I just saw 2 episodes. Talk about humor! It's like they're trying their hardest to break the 4th wall, and they're doing a really good job of it. The show is very hilarious. I love it! Knuckles doesn't seem like the meanie he originally was. It's a really great show so far.
It's not that I hate to admit it, but I'm actually loving lunkhead Knuckles over the classic brooding loner personality. Not that it wasn't a good fit for the character, but I can still see how they messed him up and made him an annoying, whiny little punk in Underground. I really wish that SatAm had a third season and they added him, but it didn't and he wasn't.

That said, I've always loved Captain N's lunkhead Simon Belmont as well. That gets a lot of hate from younger video game fans that think everyone but Mario has to be dark and brooding. Does Mario even have a dark, brooding character? Most video games, even cartoony ones, have at least 2 or 3.

But make no mistake. Once again, the star of the show is Eggman. Though Sticks gives him a run for his money. I've never taken to a new Sonic character this fast before.

tutter_fan

Reaction score
I do like Sticks! Quite a cute character. I thought Dr. Eggman was just brilliant! I like his rough & tough voice. His robot assistants are really great. This show gets a 80% to 90% approval rating from me.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'd say Mike Pollack is my second favorite Eggman/Robotnik with the obvious number one being Long John Baldry. And I'm glad Sega thinks well of him as well, since he's the only Sonic X VA that kept his character's role. And I love how they kept Cubot and Orbot in the series as well. Robotnik/Eggman always needs 2 idiotic assistants. Glad to see one of them finally was made specifically for the video games for once.

tutter_fan

Reaction score
Did you see the one where Dr. Eggman baked "Evil Cookies" for Sonic & his friends? HILARIOUS! My favorite part was when Tails ate a "Chocolate Chunk" cookie, and said something along the lines of "My favorite! Chocolate Chunk Cookies, with a hit of cinnamon, and **THUD!!!!** eeeevvviilllll...." Oh man, that had me laughing like a hyena!!!!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Seems that CN decided to rerun the series at Noon on weekdays. It's on right now, actually. Hope this means they might put it on a more accessible slot. I really think it could work as part of the weeknight line up.

mr3urious

Reaction score
The latest episode was a nice little focus on the robot henchmen as they attempt to solve the whereabouts of their missing boss. The little flashback with Sonic and Knuckles taking Eggman on was hilarious, too.

And in game-related news, the Wii U version of Sonic Boom recently received a huge patch that fixed most of the game-breaking bugs and graphical errors, but I'd say the damage was already done.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
And in game-related news, the Wii U version of Sonic Boom recently received a huge patch that fixed most of the game-breaking bugs and graphical errors, but I'd say the damage was already done.
But all those bugs should have been ironed out during testing, if the game was even tested. There's no excuse to release a game in such shoddy condition. Patches are meant to fix bugs that slipped past the developers and testers, not fix entirely broken games on release.

Regardless, while its nice they fixed some of the problems, the game itself still looks. Very mediocre and boring at best. It's like. It's trying to be Ratchet and Clank without the fun.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The problem is that Sega wanted a Sonic Boom Brand, and they rushed out another game, completely forgetting what happened in 06. Everything but the games have a level of care to them. They were trying too hard to do what Pac-Man did, and even then his game is somehow considered lousy as well, and the cartoon and toy line not quite as successful.

Maybe if they hadn't done a total immersion launch and let the cartoon premier first with the games to follow they would've had a lot more time to make something better. Good to see they're actually releasing a patch and trying to salvage it, but I think overall the cartoon is the highpoint here (maybe the comics, haven't read any of them). At the very least, Sonic finally has a current series that's not X. And I do like X, but it's been in reruns since its debut. X flopped in Japan, but was a modest hit here.

mr3urious

Reaction score
How brilliant that the 13th episode was about Knuckles having bad luck!

Too bad it didn't air on Friday the 13th.