The Sonic the Hedgehog Thread

Drtooth

Reaction score
Cuz it's probably not freakin' Halo or one of the exactly alike looking games out there.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Ugh. No. Just go to Screwattack. I've stopped going to Gameradar entirely. They've become a mockery of a gaming website.

I think, now this could just be me, that Gamesradar is trolling and baiting fans. Or they think they are a bunch of elitists. Back when I still went to the site, the comments sections were very...um...toxic. Loads of arguing over lists, attacks on other people, heck, some people were starting to attack the site itself for their crappy way of running things and the decline of quality articles.

Sonic is an easy target. It's easy to nitpick and point out all the bad while ignoring the good. Plus, given the fanbase, its easy to get a reaction out of them.

I know someone on the Screwattack team is a Sonic fan, I just can't remember who. I think they are a lt more objective with their articles AND they also allow normal people to write for them, so you have a mix of articles with different viewpoints and are less likely to run into bias.

AquaGGR

Reaction score
GameInformer made a an article called "Sonic is the King of Awful Game Music", in addition to their extremely biased Sonic Generations review and their infamous response to a Sonic fan's letter that included the sentence "If it's on the Genesis it's good."

Also, Tails was named either worst sidekick or worst Sonic character (forgot which one) on Gamesradar, simply because he apparently started the addition of horrible characters. :rolleyes:

Unlike what most people say, IGN is not biased against Sonic. A Sonic fan figured out that IGN actually likes the games MORE than the fanbase. Nintendo Power seems to be the least critical of Sonic, but they act like Big the Cat is Scrappy-Doo.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Wow. I've never been to GameInformer so I had to check this out. Ok...gripes with the "King of Awful Gaming Music" First of all, in a series that spans well over 20 games, you are going to have duds in music. Sonic Spinball options music really is one of the worst things to ever be screeched out by a sonic game, but you really can't expect to love every single bit of music in every single game. Its an unfair comparison. Also, I happened to kinda like Metropolis from Sonic Chronicles when I listened to it. Not that it wasn't annoying, but cleaned up a bit it would have a really good beat to it.

The Generations review was a joke. That wasn't a review. It was a complaint about how much someone doesn't like post dreamcast Sonic games. Are all their reviews like this? What about talking about the controls, gameplay, mechanics, ect? Not voicing a biased opinion.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Also, Tails was named either worst sidekick or worst Sonic character (forgot which one) on Gamesradar, simply because he apparently started the addition of horrible characters.
I'll give it this... Tails is kind of annoying if he steals your bubble or activates something you don't want activated. Worst sidekick/character? I severely doubt that.

Wow. I've never been to GameInformer so I had to check this out. Ok...gripes with the "King of Awful Gaming Music" First of all, in a series that spans well over 20 games, you are going to have duds in music. Sonic Spinball options music really is one of the worst things to ever be screeched out by a sonic game, but you really can't expect to love every single bit of music in every single game. Its an unfair comparison.
Oh yeah. It's just made up out of annoying loud buzzing sounds. But every video game series has some off music. Mega Man had Ice Man's stage and... well, I dig Ring Man's theme and all, but the opening part is jumbled and off sounding. And any game made not in Japan for the NES has some terrible music.

AquaGGR

Reaction score
Y'know what had the worst music ever? That one Bart Simpson game on the Gameboy.

AquaGGR

Reaction score
I don't understand how Sonic '06 was any different than Sonic Adventure. They both play the same to me, and are equally glitchy.