1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

The Sonic the Hedgehog Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by StevieOpossum, Aug 10, 2013.

1. StevieOpossum

StevieOpossum Active Member

I don't think Sonic '06 is any worse than Sonic Heroes, Shadow, or Sonic Adventure. It's pretty much a rushed Sonic Adventure 3.

[​IMG]

Still better than Sonic Adventure 7...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Let's just say there was a lot of crap coming out of Atari at some point, but most of it wasn't the company's fault. But E.T. sure the heck was.

And I had it, sans manual. There's some youtube video somewhere that explains how to play it. It's so esoterically put together (you have to collect dashes in a certain order and wait at a certain point that look exactly like all the other points in the game), there's no way to actually win it without the programmers guiding you.

I still don't get that Crazy Bus game. It's certainly trying to prove that someone can program that on a Genisis's processor, but I still don't get why it exists.

3. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

I don't understand the hatred that Heroes gets. I loved Heroes. The only isue I had with it was that completing the game with four teams was incredibly tedious and Team Chaotix's missions were just...*twitch* It took me almost an HOUR to find all the torches in the castle level.

4. StevieOpossum

5. Drtooth

On that subject, I don't want to be that guy, but I'm elated that they changed Dr. Eggman back. He doesn't look right more realistic and human.

StevieOpossum likes this.
  6. StevieOpossum

Sonic Lost World (the upcoming Sonic game) looks pretty nice. The fans are angry that it's exclusive to Nintendo systems, I can sort of understand that. Sonic games look nicer on the 360, anyway.

Some audio clips for SLW are a little dark for a Sonic game. Look it up.

7. Sgt Floyd

Totally. I'll probably get the 3DS version since I dun have a Wii U. And after the frustration I had of connecting my ps3 to my tv with hdmi, I'm not sure I want to spend that much for a system only to have it give me a no signal error and not be able to play it.

Of course it could just be my ps3, as they are notorious for having hdmi connectivity problems. Eh. component cables work.

Lost Worlds...I don't understand why people are saying its like Mario Galaxy. It's more like a reboot and retooling of Sonic xtreme with better hardware.

On an unrelated note, Our avatars match.

8. StevieOpossum

A Sonic/Dan Vs. crossover just came to mind. That would be an awesome (albeit weird) game.

I'm probably getting the 3DS version as well. The Wii U doesn't seem to do anything that the 3DS, Wii, PS3, PS4, Xbone, and 360 already do.
    They love comparing every Sonic game to a different game so they can say "New Sonic game is ripping off [x]", similar to the "Sonic Colors is a SMG rip-off" thing. Can't we just be happy a Sonic game is coming out?

9. StevieOpossum

The entire Sonic the Hedgehog series is from the POV of the villain, which is actually Sonic. Dr. Eggman/Robotnik is the hero, who is trying to make the world a better place, but Sonic and his furry friends keep ruining them. He became fed up and started to use violence against him, but to no avail. AoStH is obvious proof of this.

Dr. Eggman started to use very bizarre tactics against the speedy hedgehog. He posed as a unlicensed bootleg game company and made several notoriously poor Sonic games for the Game Boy, in an attempt to ruin his reputation amongst fans. He also snuck into the SEGA headquarters and deleted much of the coding of Sonic '06, causing the game to be full of bugs. The excuse that the game was rushed for Christmas was just a cover-up by SEGA, knowing they wouldn't be able to patch the game in time.

Dr. Eggman also started the fancharacter craze, after uploading a recolored Sonic X screenshot on DeviantART under a pseduonym. He also posted several fanfics on the internet. This was all to ruin Sonic's reputation. It worked, somewhat.

Dr. Eggman created multiple accounts on every Sonic forum, and created several Sonic fan stereotypes. Most of the arguing that goes on in Sonic websites is mostly just Eggman arguing with himself.

Sonic and all his friends are villains or off-and-on with being good or evil. The only non-villain is Tails, because Tails is totally radical, dude. His gnarly-ness level is so extreme that he single handedly earned three-million dollars, started a successful car dealership, destroyed half of Mars (and restored it), made a breakfast burrito in under three minutes, and figured out how to disable ads completely on YouTube and restore the layout to back when YouTube was totally tubular.

10. StevieOpossum

So there are three main Sonic forums, the official SEGA one, SSMB, and Sonic Retro. The official SEGA one has lots of pointless bickering, SSMB has somewhat less, and Sonic Retro has lots of giant walls of text.

11. Sgt Floyd

I was denied membership to sonic retro. Probably because I was actually civil to people :p No, I respectfully disagreed with a staff member that graphics aren't everything. I bet that's why.

12. StevieOpossum

You were denied membership because you thought graphics weren't everything?

Sheesh, and they wonder why Sonic fans are the laughing stock of the gaming community.

13. Sgt Floyd

Well I have no proof, but that's like the only thing I can think of that would have caused it. Of course they don't tell you WHY you were denied. They just leave your account in indefinite "activation pending" mode :s

I haven't been on SSBB in a while. Meh. i think I'm better off not associating with any sonic forum

14. Drtooth

HOLY....FREAKING....CRAP!!!

Sonic is REALLY getting a new cartoon!!!! FINALLY! Sonic X has been rerunning almost 10 years now. It's a great to see a NEW series with the character in development. Hopefully they can retain the same voice acting as in the games currently. That's a real rarity.

Now if only Nintendo can get their heads out of their butts and forget that stupid live action movie ever existed so they can be trusting enough to let someone come up with a new Mario series, we'll be in business.

15. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

I love the first 4 to 5 sonic games, but after 3d blast, everything else just has not applied to me.

16. Sgt Floyd

Woah...since when did Knuckles become a big hulking tank? I mean, yeah, they are just shadows but that can't seriously be the sizes of the characters? That's just really bizarre to me but ok...

17. Drtooth

I doubt the finished project's going to look like that. Seems it's a depth thing that translated poorly in the graphic.

Personally, I hope Knuckles is no where near the pathetic child they made him out to be in Sonic Underground. They had the chance to make the show great (minus the grating musical numbers), and blew it with their version of Knuckles. His first appearance wasn't that bad... but the second time he was on the show.... :rolleyes:

18. StevieOpossum

YES! For once a Sonic rumor was true! I thought this show was going to be on the Hub, it would've been cool for Hasbro to release Sonic toys. Still, Cartoon Network's okay.

Judging by that picture, could we possibly be getting redesigns for the show?

19. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

A few months ago, I read on TV Tropes that the original coding for Sonic CD is lost, which is why it was left out of the Sonic Mega Collection. And it was said that in order for it to be included on the Sonic Gems Collection, they used a hack of the PC version. And the current digital release is completely recoded.

But I can't remember where on TV Tropes I read it. I thought it was on either the Sonic CD page or Keep Circulating the Tapes, but when I looked I couldn't find that info (unless maybe it was deleted, but I'd have to check history for that). Today I did a google search asking "did Sega lose the coding for Sonic CD", with no results I could find (though I found the Sonic Wiki entry on the game, which speculates that the PC version was most likely used because it'd be hard to process a Sega CD game onto the Game Cube).

So... Anybody know if Sega actually did lose the coding, or if the information I found might have been wrong? I wish i could remember where on TV Tropes I saw the info.

20. StevieOpossum

It's really strange, TV Tropes, Lost Media Wiki, Wikipedia, and Sonic Retro have nothing about the programming getting lost, yet they have info for other lost Sonic stuff like the 1990 Tokyo Toy Show demo. Perhaps it being "lost" was actually untrue and the result of rumors and/or poor research?