The Sonic the Hedgehog Thread

Drtooth

Reaction score
The only reason I wouldn't want a human Sonic character would be if it turned into a Princess Peach type ordeal, with Sonic having to rescue the same person every game.
Seems like Madonna was more of an annoyance. I guess they just took the personality and transferred it to Amy or something. The concept art seems to show Sonic not very happy about her.

Anyway. I've tested the Simon Wai prototype... I totally see why Tails gets some hate. His AI is the dumbest thing I've ever seen. And he loses all your rings when he gets hit, even off screen. And you can't even help it. Thank Glob that never happened.

AquaGGR

Reaction score
Anyone else think Tom Kenny and Carlos Alazraqui would be good as Grounder and Scratch, respectively? Jason Griffith would also be a good Scratch if he used a voice similar to Jet the Hawk.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I used to think Tails was a girl. Can't remember when I learned otherwise.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Anyone else think Tom Kenny and Carlos Alazraqui would be good as Grounder and Scratch, respectively? Jason Griffith would also be a good Scratch if he used a voice similar to Jet the Hawk.
It would depend on how much SEGA would embrace the animated versions of Sonic. Clearly, they do a lot better than Nintendo. They retconned his love of Chili Dogs, and they did have a couple games that featured AOSTH characters... they even tried to get out a full blown SatAM game. But I just don't see them adding Scratch and Grounder in there, despite being made out of Sonic 2 badniks.

But at least they gave Robotnik Cubot and Orbot, thus continuing the cycle of Robotnik/Eggman having 2 idiotic henchmen.

And I think Fred Testacore (or however that's spelled) would be a more suitable Grounder.

AquaGGR

Reaction score
Shadow the Hedgehog would be a great game if the controls weren't so slippery and the game wasn't trying to be Darker and Edgier.

AquaGGR

Reaction score
I once saw a YT comment that said Crazy Bus is better than Sonic '06...

...Sonic '06's horribleness is exaggerated a little too much on the internet, IMO. It's treated like the Superman 64 of the Sonic franchise.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Sega only has itself to blame for that game being the way it was. Had it not been rushed out, it could have been a masterpiece. Not to mention the major apathy of not even having the game reworked into a "special edition" to fix the issues with it. Sega just rushed it out and dumped it when they started getting complaints.

I'd say it does deserve hate, but focused on the rushed release date preventing a potentially amazing game to get made.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Difference between E.T. and Sonic 06? E.T. almost destroyed the video game industry. Sonic 06 was shrugged off as just one of those games and they went on to do better next time.

And trust me, I've played... OWNED E.T. (second hand, of course) and it's every bit as terrible as they say. They wanted the gamer to do too much more than you could do with an Atari, and rushed the thing out as movie merchandise. Even if they took their time, it would have been an incomprehensible mess.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I dunno how ET is worse than Dragster. That should not even count as a game.