1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

The Sonic the Hedgehog Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by StevieOpossum, Aug 10, 2013.

1. StevieOpossum

StevieOpossum Active Member

Being a fan of both classic and modern Sonic, I'm just as excited for Project Sonic. Isn't as visually appealing though, modern Sonic games post-Adventure always look a bit bleak.

2. mr3urious

mr3urious Well-Known Member

Here's the latest gameplay footage of Sonic Mania, and man does it look gorgeous, especially the super-fluid sprite animation! I especially love all the Sega references in Studiopolis Zone, including one to that popcorn machine that was only released in Japan. You know these developers are huge fanboys of Sonic when they're able to reference obscure stuff like that! :)

3. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

They really stretched their creativity with Studiopolis. Sonic being beamed through satellites? There are nice little touches here and there, like the 30's style dancing Robotnik/Eggman on a movie screen. I love those director's chair platforms. Anyone else get a Mega Man vibe from the hanging microphone robots?

4. DePingPong

DePingPong Active Member

A thread dedicated to my favorite character of all time, awesome.
    Sonic Mania looks gorgeous. The sprite animation blows me away, everything looks really smooth and clean. Can't wait to see Tails and Knuckles gameplay.
    Hoping that they get their super forms, or at least give us Super Sonic.

Project Sonic, I dunno what to think mainly cause they showed no gameplay, the dark atmosphere of the trailer has me interested though. I'm excited for it cause I think Generations is the best modern Sonic game, next to Colors. It's nice to see Classic Sonic return, but I'm just excited cause it's a next-gen Sonic game.

5. DePingPong

DePingPong Active Member

I think the boost-to-win games were the best for 3D Sonic. But if they used the Adventure gameplay with elements from the boost trilogy, specifically the boosting, it'd be perfect.

6. muppetgem

muppetgem Well-Known Member

Big fan of Sonic here. I especially love the classic games. My favorites are Sonic 2 and Sonic CD.
    I'm super excited for Sonic Mania! The graphics are awesome, the music is awesome, everything about it is awesome.

And yes, it would be cool if the super forms were in this game. It'd be even cooler if the HYPER forms were in there, too!

Anyway, I have a feeling that this game will be absolutely amazing.

DePingPong and MikaelaMuppet like this.
  7. DePingPong

DePingPong Active Member

You looking foward to Forces at all?

MikaelaMuppet likes this.
  8. muppetgem

Kinda. It looks good and all, but I've always been more of a classic Sonic fan.

MikaelaMuppet likes this.
  9. muppetgem

Here's Mania's gorgeous opening animation!

DePingPong likes this.
  10. DePingPong

DePingPong Active Member

Mania is a fantastic game, wow. Easily 10/10 for me.
    Trying to hunt down the emeralds for Super Sonic currently.

muppetgem likes this.
  11. muppetgem

12. mr3urious

mr3urious Well-Known Member

I'd say that's some nice karma from snatching the rights to a Smurfs movie from them. :)

muppetgem likes this.