1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppet Guys Talking" Debuts On-line
    Watch the inspiring documentary "Muppet Guys Talking", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppet release of the year.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

The State of the World

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jvcarroll, Dec 7, 2017.

1. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

2. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

It means your internet service providers (ISPs) can start charging extra money for you to use certain services (like social media platforms like Facebook), or charge you extra money for internet use in general, censor what you see on the internet, monitor your browsing patterns and habits so they can sell that information to third parties, and a bunch of other crap.
  3. MikaelaMuppet

Oh great. :smirk:

But my dad said not to worry about the whole thing in general because he said that the article is from ABC News, which he calls "fake news".
  4. D'Snowth

Fox is fake news. Breitbart is fake news. Info Wars is fake news. ABC is not fake news. CBS is not fake news. NBC is not fake news.
    LittleJerry92 likes this.
  5. MikaelaMuppet

That's just your opinion. It's not the truth.
  6. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Whether something is factual or not is not an opinion. That's the entire point.
    LittleJerry92 likes this.
  7. MikaelaMuppet

8. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

Basically anything conservative is "fake news."

I'm not gonna say anything on
    news networks.
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
  9. MikaelaMuppet

I apologize, but I'm going to leave this thread right now.

Again, I'm sorry.
  10. LittleJerry92

For the record by the way, I do like abc and NBC.
    It's just CNN I have beef with.
  11. LittleJerry92

>Many people have been dying from smoking cigarettes and developing cancer and high blood pressure from the smoke and nicotine
    Government: meh

>People are getting hands on guns with no background checks or licenses and various lives have been taken away

>Companies are literally making fake, processed foods that are extremely harmful to your health

>People have the freedom to use the internet as they please
    muppetgem and D'Snowth like this.
  12. fuzzygobo

fuzzygobo Well-Known Member

It's funny, back in the 80's, WABC news radio was as far right as you could get. The anchor was Bob Grant, the 80's equivalent of O'Reilley.

On steroids.

So sources can shift over time too.
    One man's fake news is another man's reliable source.

Just imagine (we're going on a flight of fancy here) five, ten years from now, the left swearing by Fox as their mouthpiece. Wouldn't that be a kick in the pants!

Now before anyone gets bent out of shape, I didn't predict it, instigate it, or hope for it. I only implied IMAGINE...
  13. Censored

Censored Well-Known Member

14. Censored

15. D'Snowth

Okay, can we make up our mind on when they're going to actually ax Net Neutrality please? First they said it was happening in September, then September got here and they said December, then after December has passed they were saying it ended today, now they're saying it's not going to happen till April.

Are they trying to stir us up into confusion?
  16. Censored

17. D'Snowth

Wow. So, according to Faux News, Trump is now trying to bribe teachers with bonuses if they'll carry and conceal in school.

No words. No words.
  18. LittleJerry92

Net neutrality?

I guess-

Wait.... In April, eh? I sense some April fools. :search:
  19. LittleJerry92

Okay, so you know how people sometimes blame video games for shootings?

I'm just waiting for the day a change.org petition saying to ban all violent video games comes around.
    muppetgem likes this.
  20. D'Snowth

Trumpy: "I never said give guns to teachers. I said let's give firearms to adept teachers with the right experience to carry and conceal."