1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

The State of the World

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jvcarroll, Dec 7, 2017.

1. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

To be fair, I listen to what other people have to say when it comes to politics.

I can't speak for others on here. End of the day, my problems are my problems and nothing more.

1000 Eyes likes this.
  2. 1000 Eyes

1000 Eyes Well-Known Member

LittleJerry92 likes this.
  3. LittleJerry92

Well, good for them. Glad to hear it's now officially part of the slogan.

Let's sit back and watch the right-wing Christians get butthurt, shall we?

4. LittleJerry92

Oh.... It said pedosexual.

WELP. Just goes to show I might need glasses in the future....

5. 1000 Eyes

What the heck did you think it said?? :p

6. LittleJerry92

I think my mind set jumped to the conclusion and mis-read it as "pansexual." Can be dyslexic sometimes, sadly.

7. 1000 Eyes

Yeah, pansexual has already been in it for a long time. :p

8. LittleJerry92

It certainly has. Though sometimes it can be tough figuring out the "official" name cause some people refer to it as LGBT, LGBTQ, LGBTQA, etc. Whereas to me, we're all just human beings no matter what our preferences are.

9. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Something I threw together today. Make of it what you will.
    [​IMG]

10. 1000 Eyes

LGBTQIA+ is the official as far as I can tell, the rest just pop up after that. I include P because one of my friends in pan, though.

11. gavry3

gavry3 Well-Known Member

Why don't they just call it ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ?

12. LittleJerry92

You drew that? That's hilarious! :D

D'Snowth likes this.
  13. LittleJerry92

Because then that would be offensive and then everyone would need their safe spaces.

gavry3 and muppetgem like this.
  14. 1000 Eyes

Get a sledgehammer. It's time to break down the walls.

15. gavry3

gavry3 Well-Known Member

But it includes everyone! Diversity! Togetherness! Ya know?

LittleJerry92 likes this.
  16. LittleJerry92

[​IMG]

fuzzygobo likes this.
  17. fuzzygobo

fuzzygobo Well-Known Member

Roger Waters beat you to it.

1000 Eyes and LittleJerry92 like this.
  18. jvcarroll

jvcarroll Well-Known Member

1000 Eyes likes this.
  19. jvcarroll

jvcarroll Well-Known Member

Half of Puerto Rico still doesn't have its lights on. They received less aid than any proper state did this fall and I think it's time to make PR the 51st state. We've treated them just like England treated the colonies, but it's our modern "Tea Party" that's helping to oppress Puerto Ricans. Bizarre. It just goes to show that their cause isn't really about taxes at all. It's about extreme conservatism and minority oppression. Pregressives, conservatives - we need to be better than this. I also no longer understand what today's conservative is all about. There are the ideals. I understand some of those, but the practice of supporting wildly immoral people and abusers in order to help fulfill some "holy" cause is really gross. I'll say this. If Hillary had been President, PR would have their lights on right now.

20. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

If Hillary had been president, we wouldn't have the problems we have now. As I've said many times before, she was not an ideal candidate either, and she had her own problems and baggage, make no mistake . . . but at least she intended to continue steering the country in the same direction Obama had for the last eight years, and we'd be a lot better off for it - we wouldn't be fretting over how the middle and working class will soon crumble again, how many Americans are on the verge of losing healthcare and other benefit plans, how minority groups are back to being oppressed, and how we're pretty much a laughing stock of the world now.

Either way, history would have been made, because we would either have our first President who was a former reality TV star with no political experience whatsoever, or have our first female President. I can still remember how Seth Meyers was crying over the fact that he wasn't able to tell his baby the morning after the election that they made history with the first female President.

jvcarroll likes this.