1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Help Muppet Central Radio
    We need your help to continue Muppet Central Radio. Show your support and listen regularly and often via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

The State of the World

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jvcarroll, Dec 7, 2017.

1. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

So Trump was supposedly supposed to "go back to work" a couple of days ago, but instead, has been -what else- golfing at his resort.

And what are his supporters angry about? That CNN got footage of it. This really takes what Jamie has been saying about how they continually turn a blind eye to his lies and deception to a whole new level of delusion and stupidity.

LittleJerry92 likes this.
  2. Schfifty

Schfifty Well-Known Member

Wonder what the world would be like if golf never existed...

I guess the presidents would go bowling instead?

fuzzygobo likes this.
  3. fuzzygobo

fuzzygobo Well-Known Member

Nixon did have a bowling alley in the White House.
    And I love bowling. My average was only in the 160's, but unlike golf, anybody can play. No membership, no grounds fees, just rent a pair of stinky shoes and you're good to go.
    And I love the sound of bowling a strike. Sounds like a symphony.

4. fuzzygobo

fuzzygobo Well-Known Member

The person in question visited here briefly, but that was around 2004 and hasn't been back since.
    How they become that way? Maybe they had some trauma when they were younger, but something triggers their behavior.

The sad part is, for as much as they love themselves, they can't hold down a relationship with others. If they do have a relationship that seems to be going well, they'll do something to make it self destruct.

Or worse, if they see a couple getting along well, they'll try to sabotage that friendship.

Sociopath- Greek meaning socio (people) + path (die) = kill friendships.

5. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

And I'm sure they would praise it if Fox News had shown the footage instead.

6. D'Snowth

So many of his supporters are bragging about how much bigger their paychecks are thanks to his new tax law.

Yeah, uh, unless you're on a fixed income, your paycheck is going to fluxuate based on how much work you get/do that week.

They're a special kind of delusional.

7. LittleJerry92

I'm actually wondering what his supporters are gonna be like on the off chance Trump actually gets impeached and then we deal with Pence.

8. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

My dad won’t be happy if he gets impeached.

9. LittleJerry92

Can I just say I'm so glad that True Colors thread has finally reached page 2?

10. D'Snowth

So Trump just fired the rest of the Presidential HIV/AIDS Council . . . for no reason.

But I bet I know what the reason is: homophobes are still under the delusion that HIV/AIDS is something exclusive to the LGBT community - y'know, like how they say, "All terrorists are Muslim"? It's kind of the same thing with them: all infected with HIV/AIDS are gay.

11. Schfifty

Schfifty Well-Known Member

They'll probably just be satisfied that Pence is an actual politician. 'Cause, you know, it's more proper.

12. 1000 Eyes

1000 Eyes Well-Known Member

Doo de doo de doo, off on a revival, doo de doo de doo.

13. MuppetsRule

MuppetsRule Well-Known Member

Maybe it's just me but I always believe in posting the TRUTH.

Here's the truth for those that really care about it's importance

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entr...thout-explanation_us_5a465bd1e4b0b0e5a7a5ffb5

You can read it for yourself but a couple of snippets from the article:

As of September, President Donald Trump signed an executive order renewing PACHA for an additional year so the move to fire the current council without explanation seems brash. One of those members ― Gabriel Maldonado, CEO of the Riverside, Calif.-based LGBT and HIV/AIDS group Truevolution ― told the Washington Blade, however, that “it is common for appointees to be terminated and for folks to kind of want their own people in.”

Also of note, during the Obama administration, nearly all of George W. Bush’s appointees were eliminated prior to new appointees being named.

So was President Obama a homophobe as well for doing the exact same thing?

:confused:

14. Censored

Censored Well-Known Member

I knew you couldn't stay away for long.

muppetgem likes this.
  15. MuppetsRule

Could you please clarify what you mean by this?

16. Censored

What part was unclear?

17. MuppetsRule

The part about staying away for long. Didn't think I went anywhere.

18. 1000 Eyes

1000 Eyes Well-Known Member

Just ignore him.

19. Censored

That was my imagination. I dreamt you said you were leaving and not coming back. My bad.

20. MuppetsRule

No problem. It was the previous political thread that I had left. I've posted earlier in this thread as well. I don't plan on making a habit of posting in here though.