1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Help Muppet Central Radio
    We need your help to continue Muppet Central Radio. Show your support and listen regularly and often via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

The State of the World

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jvcarroll, Dec 7, 2017.

1. Old Thunder

Old Thunder Well-Known Member

2. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

3. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

I cannot stop laughing at that game.

4. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

The most thrilling modern game since CrazyBus!

muppetgem and LittleJerry92 like this.
  5. fuzzygobo

fuzzygobo Well-Known Member

If Trump doesn't get impeached....

would you settle for him getting impeared?

Give some of you a moment to think about this one...

6. Old Thunder

I would not. I would, however, be fine with him being impineappled.

7. D'Snowth

But he's imtangerineed.

8. Schfifty

Schfifty Well-Known Member

No, he's implumed.

Beat that!

9. Old Thunder

Why don't you just go imberry yourself.

10. D'Snowth

Man, what a bunch of fruitcakes.

scooterfan360 likes this.
  11. Old Thunder

Don't h*cking swear on my Christian forum!!

muppetgem and scooterfan360 like this.
  12. MikaelaMuppet

Guess who is in Boston right now? Joe Biden out of all people.

scooterfan360 likes this.
  13. Censored

Censored Well-Known Member

14. Old Thunder

I think I'll make up my mind when the time comes and not side with... *grimace*... parties...

LittleJerry92 likes this.
  15. MikaelaMuppet

Vote Donkey from Shrek! Congratulations on getting 500 likes by the way.

Censored likes this.
  16. Censored

I'm not a fan of the Grimace parties myself.
    [​IMG]

LittleJerry92 and muppetgem like this.
  17. jvcarroll

jvcarroll Well-Known Member

You're right that staffing shakeups are commonplace. Trump, however, has been systematically removing protections, staff, website links and agencies related to the LGBTQ community in particular without putting anything or anyone in its place. He's done so all throughout 2017 with no replacements named in that calendar year and no talks or prospects of replacements in 2018. I get the truth in what you're saying, but it's a moot point. That's a severely cherry-picked perspective. As for the rhetoric about President Obama being a homophobe - he actually delivered for the LGBTQ in major ways, particularly trans Americans. No President in history has ever done anything close to what he accomplished. On the campaign trail, Trump lifted up a rainbow flag, because it had his name on it, and bragged that he'd be the greatest advocate for the LGBTQ. I haven't seen any positive thing yet, only negative things and removal of policies, protections and an attempt to boot transgender soldiers out of our military. He's not simply holding back his LGBTQ advocacy. He flat out lied and is behaving as a cancer toward us and America's other minorities. The proof is in the facts, not the op ed pieces or rhetoric.

Oscarfan likes this.
  18. Censored

Posting the truth is not enough. It has to be WHOLE-TRUTHS instead of HALF- TRUTHS.

jvcarroll likes this.
  19. jvcarroll

jvcarroll Well-Known Member

You're absolutely right. There is this hollow gotcha-game that the Trump admin and many Trump supporters play. They find an instance of something, extract it, redefine it and turn it into a false equivalence. It's negligent at best, dishonest at worst and keeps happening over and over again until the public can't distinguish fact from fiction. Once that happens, busy workingclass Trump voters just shut down, dig their heels in and cling to these half truths and lies tighter. The fact is that Trump and his administration have built their support on stoking fear of minorities. We're all trying to steal Christmas and jobs and let undocumented immigrants across the boarder so that they can kill your favorite grandmother. The segment of Trump supporters who are more"level headed" have simply plugged their ears to all of this in order to get a tax breaks that will end up greatly harming the economy for everyone. It's time for us progressives to show up for this year's midterms in numbers like never before.

D'Snowth likes this.
  20. D'Snowth

Breitbart in a nutshell.

jvcarroll likes this.