1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Help Muppet Central Radio
    We need your help to continue Muppet Central Radio. Show your support and listen regularly and often via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

The State of the World

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jvcarroll, Dec 7, 2017.

1. MuppetsRule

MuppetsRule Well-Known Member

Somehow I knew you would be replying. If you are going to offer a rebuttal, fine, but please do not take my post(s) out of context. Take the time to read the original post I was replying to.

If someone is going to criticize President Trump for firing someone "for no reason" do you not think it is fair to offer up a reason? I'm sure you would agree because you profess to be unbiased and fair.

I also look forward to Censored's posts and your posts calling out other posters for posting what at the very best is HALF-TRUTHS. Or maybe you speaking up against some of the rhetoric others continually post.

2. jvcarroll

jvcarroll Well-Known Member

I read it all. I thought you welcomed discussing such things with me. If that's changed, please let me know and I'll politely oblige. I'm not necessarily referring to your rebuttal toward Censored (and I've called out every member's info before - including his, even though we agree on the information most of the time), but to the article and info about the mass firing. I've read a lot of coverage since the firings occurred. Presidents like to have their people "in" and their predecessor's people "out" and all Presidents do that to an extent. That all makes sense. The systematic dismantling of LGBTQ rights, freedoms, representatives and achievements is what I find alarming. It should alarm everybody. Your response and the articles you've pointed to do not address the larger picture. If Trump all of a sudden begins to champion HIV/AIDS and LGBTQ issues, like he said he was going to, please let me know. It's been a year. He's 25% into his term. When are these things he promised us supposed to happen? I've only seen the reverse. As for bias, I clearly state my bias for the truth and the larger picture. That goes against everything Trump. That's not because I didn't vote for him or that he's a republican (because he's really not). It's because he lies with impunity every chance he gets and those who call him on it, conservative, liberal or otherwise, get Twitter trolled and some childish nickname. We've had some great debates and I cherish those. I still, however, don't understand how this is the guy you keep propping up. If Trump had been a progressive, I'd certainly not be supporting him now. In fact, I'd never have supported him in the first place. My voting record speaks to that. Peace.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
  3. jvcarroll

1000 Eyes likes this.
  4. jvcarroll

Also, to all, here's this year's holiday card. No matter who you are, what you believe, or where you come from - I hope you have a happy, healthy and joyful 2018. Peace! [​IMG]

5. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

Looks cool! (I noticed your signature at the bottom).

jvcarroll likes this.
  6. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

Al Franken finally resigned.

7. jvcarroll

Thanks! I mail out a few hundred of these every year in place of gifts. I believe that good will is worth much more. If anyone wants to get on 2018's list, let me know via Facebook next fall before I order the new cards.

LittleJerry92 likes this.
  8. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, Bubblehead Bachmmann is wanting to replace him. Y'know, Sarah Palin's non-glasses-wearing clone who was all, "Derp-derp, kids need to stop watching THE LION KING 'cause a gay man did the songs!"

LittleJerry92 likes this.
  9. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

I head some other name, but forget who though.

10. LittleJerry92

And CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN you feeeeeeel the loooooove toniiiiight? (to-niiiiiiiiiight?)

jvcarroll likes this.
  11. jvcarroll

The disturbing thing is not that Bachmann is married to a man so latently gay that I can't even stand it (allegedly), it's that she actively wants to bring about Armageddon! No one should want that.

12. LittleJerry92

(Actually, random note, but one thing I pray to God is "Can you feel the love tonight" isn't killed in the live action adaption coming soon by some cheesey pop artist.... Unless it's maybe Owl City).

13. D'Snowth

Well again, Palin wasn't much different. Remember? "God told us to go to war with the Middle East, because it was our duty He bestowed upon us." And, "God says we need to go to war with Russia for declaring war on Georgia."

14. fuzzygobo

fuzzygobo Well-Known Member

Very nice! Not quite 1000 eyes, but close enough. 8)

jvcarroll likes this.
  15. fuzzygobo

And 30 years ago, Oral Roberts was urging Americans to send him ten million dollars, or God would take him away!

God didn't take him away, but he got ten million richer.

During that time, everything those televangelists were doing was disgraceful. Him, Jim and Tammy Bakker, Robert Tilton, Jesus would be flipping their tables over in the temple, over what they were doing in His name.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
    jvcarroll likes this.
  16. fuzzygobo

I never would have sent him a penny. If he died before he hit his ten million dollar goal (to line his own pockets), I would've shrugged at his funeral, pointed a finger skyward and said, "Hey. God's will".

jvcarroll likes this.
  17. jvcarroll

Ultimately, the explanation is this: Trump keeps dismantling LGBTQ adjacent departments and staff in order to please the rabid fringe of his evangelical base. It's a clear pattern. The headline is misleading. It's not for no reason as the snarky title suggest. This is why I try to avoid HuffPo. It's all op-ed and that means snark can easily sneak into their reporting. Also, it's not that he's firing a few people. He's cleared the entire department - a very important department - without letting us know that he's got a plan to replace them. My assumption is that he's just going to have Health and Human Services absorb that. That'd be a mistake. HIV/AIDS is still a global crisis and deserves focused attention. It's not a partisan issue. At least, it shouldn't be. Also, this is one more distraction to throw to the press while Mueler's team is circling his administration. Staff, if not Trump himself, will go down for misdealings during the campaign. That's fact. Deals have already been cut. The fallout, however, is anyone's guess. It's still far too soon. Anyway, if previous performance predicts future performance, that's as evidence/fact-based as one can get with this.

18. 1000 Eyes

1000 Eyes Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

jvcarroll likes this.
  19. D'Snowth

20. 1000 Eyes

1000 Eyes Well-Known Member