1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Help Muppet Central Radio
    We need your help to continue Muppet Central Radio. Show your support and listen regularly and often via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

The State of the World

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jvcarroll, Dec 7, 2017.

1. Censored

Censored Well-Known Member

Exactly! If I had to name one thing that Obama was most underappreciated for, it would be finally getting justice for 9-11 by bringing the man who actually ordered it to a finish.

jvcarroll and D'Snowth like this.
  2. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I know they were really hoping they could capture and bring bin Laden in alive so they could probably torture him to get all of the information out of him that they could, but I think even most people, including the team that took him out, knew that any chances of getting him alive would be mighty, mighty slim.

Nevertheless, he was the most wanted man in the world, and they finally got him, on Obama's watch, and that was perhaps America's biggest victory since 9-11.

But, I digress (not really, but whatever): a lot of the people who won't credit Obama for that like to claim he (and Hillary) created and funded ISIS, when in fact, ISIS has been operating as far back as when G.H.W. Bush was President - they just weren't known as ISIS until recent years, because they, in a way, are something of an off-shoot of al-Quaeda anyway.

3. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

:confused:

4. Censored

Censored Well-Known Member

Anyone But Trump

jvcarroll likes this.
  5. MikaelaMuppet

Thanks.

6. D'Snowth

I still say SNL missed a golden opportunity when they made fun of Palin's campaign rally for Trump in Iowa:

Unfortunately, it looks like my comment, which was top comment for a long time, has been bumped waaaay down the line to the point I can't find it, so let me recreate what my comment was about the missed opportunity:

PALIN: We need to voot fer ABC - "Anybody But Clinton," cuz she and the rest of the DEM - "Democratic Elitist Morons," are gettin' high off of OPM - "Other People's Money."
    TRUMP: Now she's turning this into Sesame Street. I'll tell ya, Romney had the right idea about getting rid of Sesame Street. That lower class neighborhood is standing in the way of progress, and revenue. We need to get rid of Sesame Street and expand Wall Street.

Needless to say, not only did this comment get tons of likes, but a couple of responses telling me I should be writing for SNL. :p

heralde likes this.
  7. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

I'm all for a new president as long as it's not another celeb.

heralde likes this.
  8. jvcarroll

jvcarroll Well-Known Member

I truly believe Trump has pretty much Tweeted and talked himself into a Lame Duck Presidency. A thought: It might not be Congress or the American voters who tip the scales here. Trump has insulted nearly every other country because his idea of being first is to tear everybody else down, but that doesn't make for a successful world leader. If he grows even more politically impotent, he'll have no choice but to step down. I'm not saying he would on his own, but the GOP and a section of his voters might wind up insisting on it if he can't get anything done.

9. D'Snowth

You know he's never going to do that. If anything, even if the GOP tried to get rid of him themselves, he'd put up a fight like a little kid being dragged from the play area in a fast food restaurant.

jvcarroll likes this.
  10. jvcarroll

It's both funny and sad that no one seems to be able to adequately defend Trump's racism or self imposed political impotence anymore. Like the republican Congress, they just fall silent and disappear as if nothing had been said. That speaks volumes more than Trump's supporters finding loopholes in order to excuse his racism one more time.

11. fuzzygobo

fuzzygobo Well-Known Member

Except Jerry Lewis.

jvcarroll and heralde like this.
  12. fuzzygobo

fuzzygobo Well-Known Member

Unfortunately his ego won't let him step down. His ego propped him up in the first place.

jvcarroll likes this.
  13. D'Snowth

And of course, Trump's supporters are crying "FAK NOOZ~~!1!!!!111" over his s***hole countries comments, saying the left made the whole thing up. This proves the exact point I made a page or two ago:

REPUBLICANS: (Say something racist/sexist/politically incorrect/offensive)
    DEMOCRATS: (Quote what Republicans just said, word-for-word)
    REPUBLICANS: We never said that! Stop making up fake news about us!

muppetgem and jvcarroll like this.
  14. jvcarroll

Describe President Trump with one word. You may use more than one term, but each term must only be one word. The goal is to get the angst out. Trump: RACIST.

15. MikaelaMuppet

Trump:

Great (In mine and my dad's opinion)

Terrible (In my mom's opinion)

16. D'Snowth

I still don't understand how you, as an autistic, can support him, even after he publicly mocked a disabled reporter.

scooterfan360 likes this.
  17. MikaelaMuppet

I was born to be that way I guess and same with my dad.

When I register to vote, I’m registering as a Republican.

18. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Oh, Trump is great.

He's great at lying, throwing others under the bus, sexual harassing women, insulting other people, and being an all-around idiot.

19. MikaelaMuppet

It's just my own opinion.

20. MikaelaMuppet

Remember the Susie Olsen homophobic incident from 2016?

Well, I just found this out.

In December 2016, Susan Olsen was fired from her radio show, "Two Chicks Talkin' Politics" on LA Talk Radio, as a result of engaging with a feud with openly gay actor Leon Acord-Whiting, in which Olsen, responding to comments Acord-Whiting had made about her on another station, unleashed an extensive and profane rant against him accusing him of cowardice. Acord-Whiting accused Olsen of homophobia for the remarks (which included repeated use of the word "******") and successfully lobbied to have Olsen fired.