1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

The State of the World

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jvcarroll, Dec 7, 2017.

1. fuzzygobo

fuzzygobo Well-Known Member

Next thing you know Clorox will be under pressure not to look so much like ginger ale.

Whatever happened to people owning up to the stupidity in their lives?
    Tide has posted warnings on the package. Harmful if swallowed.
    Tide has given due notice. Legally, they're covered.
    If you are old enough to read, and choose to ignore the warnings, how is that Tide's fault?
    Because let's face it. It's not infants that are accepting this challenge. It's brainless adolescents daring each other. Nothing like giving in to peer pressure.

Do you see Tide Pods with the candy bars and pretty-colored gum at your supermarket checkout line? No??!!!! Maybe there's a reason for that.

The same works in nature too. There's a species of butterfly that has beautiful colors on its wings. However, if a bird tries to eat it, the wings have some of the most lethal poison on earth.
    Yummy pretty butterfly. Two minutes later, dead bird.

These are the creatures we claim to be smarter than.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
    muppetgem and D'Snowth like this.
  2. Old Thunder

Old Thunder Well-Known Member

I'd be fine with Tide Pod challenge whatever ending, but... I kinda like it when a lotta people die.

muppetgem and fuzzygobo like this.
  3. Censored

Censored Well-Known Member

It's not like the current way it looks benefits anyone. So what if they change it? Better safe than sorry and nothing to lose.

4. Censored

It's not just about being legally covered. There is an ethical and moral issue. Why isn't anyone pro-life across the board?

5. muppetgem

muppetgem Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

LittleJerry92 likes this.
  6. CensoredAlso

CensoredAlso Well-Known Member

Sure, I'd still look at her as only human. But I'd never put her in a position of real power until and unless she demonstrated a genuine education on the subject.

fuzzygobo likes this.
  7. fuzzygobo

I'm all for them changing the packaging, so impressionable youngsters won't face this temptation any longer.

But if Tide didn't put any warnings on the label, that's negligence on their part. Open and shut. No questions there.

But...if...kids...read..the..label,...acknowledge... the...label...ànd...ingest...said..product..despite...the..label...that's culpability on their part.

If you insist on putting poison in your mouth...
    against your better judgment...
    you'll only have a minute or two at most to chalk it up to experience.

CensoredAlso likes this.
  8. CensoredAlso

The alt right does need to go, I agree.

9. CensoredAlso

Because it's probably only a very, VERY small number of people actually doing this. The whole world shouldn't be upended for them.

10. fuzzygobo

So spoke the late great G.C. 8)

11. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

I recently saw a challenge some idiotic guy did of putting his arm on a burning stove.

I'm just waiting till other people see it and then suffer the consequences from trying it out themselves.

By the way @D'Snowth, I'm guilty of forever wanting to try that "taco" myself. :p

fuzzygobo and muppetgem like this.
  12. LittleJerry92

*Insert loud WEOH Thomas cue*

13. LittleJerry92

Here's a good ridiculous challenge I thought of.

Remember in the end of the Rugrats episode "Pschycho Angelica" when Angelica accidentally knocks a scolding hot pizza on top of her head attempting to get the cookies sitting on top?

Here's a good challenge. Why not bake a fresh pizza and wear it as a hat, completely burning your scalp?

muppetgem likes this.
  14. Censored

But that's just it. It wouldn't be upending the whole world. Manufacturing it in a different way is an inconvenience to no one.

15. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Just like because of a few bad apples, we all have a choice of either being molested, or having nude scans taken of us when we try to board a plane.

16. fuzzygobo

I tried the same thing once. Touching a hot stove, burning my hand, and making it a point never to do that again.

Oh, yeah, one small detail I almost left out.
    I was THREE!
    Never too young to learn a valuable lesson.

I'm sorry, but seeing people, who should be old enough to know better, willfully deciding to come in close physical contact with a 500 degree piece of scalding metal, does not inspire much confidence in their futures.

Froggy Fool and LittleJerry92 like this.
  17. LittleJerry92

Wanna partake in my challenge of wearing a freshly baked pizza for a hat? Or better yet, why not dip your head in a toilet and give yourself a swirly? Sounds like alot of fun, right?

By the way, how bad was your stove injury?

18. CensoredAlso

Well it sets a problematic precedent. And to be blunt, it gives undeserved validation to an extremely foolish action (i.e. eating Tide pods).

19. Censored

Foolish yes, but not deserving of the death penalty.

20. CensoredAlso

A person who would do this has larger issues that won't go away by being pandered to.