The State of Us & Our Things

jvcarroll

Reaction score
I'm reading a lot of these posts and noticing a lot more LGBTQ folk are here than I'd known. I've long said that love for the Muppets is something that both Christians and LGBTQ people have in common. I've shared this before, but I'll share it again. I came out in early 90's Houston, Texas. That wasn't easy, but I didn't know any other way to be. I didn't know gay soul, had the support of a couple friends, but that's it. One week after I came out my friends and I went to a restaurant. I didn't know what gaydar was back then, but that's what I guess this was. I noticed our server and immediately crushed on him. I was 17 at the time. He was about 22. Anyway, I went up to him and said something like this, "Please don't punch me in the face, but I think you're cute. Would you like to go out sometime or should I just run to my car right now?" Hahaha! That's pretty much the attitude I use to approach everything in life. Jump and hope that if you fall, it's not too far, but jump! That does not work for everybody so exercise caution, people. But it usually works great for me. That guy ended up not being the greatest person in the world, but it lead me to come out and be honest with myself. For that, I'm grateful. My only advice to anyone going through any of that is to be smart and to stay brave.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I'm going to say a dirty word.....Comprise
If it's somebody's birthday, do you turn out the lights, hide behind the couch, wait for them to walk in, hit the lights and yell "COMPRISE!!!"? 8)
Or is it just me?

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Does anyone ever just feel frustrated with themselves?

Cause that's how I've been feeling lately.