The Street Ages?

LamangoNumber2

Reaction score
I dunno if this was done or not, but seeing the one in Classic Muppets got me to thinking. And not going by there birthdays, or how old they say they are, how old do you think some of the Muppet cast of Sesame Street is. And don't go into really obscure characters too. :stick_out_tongue:

Kermit: 25
Big Bird: 7
Ernie: This one's a toughy. I say around 19
Bert: Another toughy, 21?
Oscar: 43. He's been around the block a couple of times, knows what's going on.
Count: If he's truely a vampire, he must be over 1000, but if he isn't, I'd say 32
Cookie Monster: Another toughy. I say around 9
Elmo: 4
Zoe: 3
Abby: 5
Grover: 8
Sherlock: 32
Biff: 42
Sully: 52
Herry: 10
Baby Bear: 12
Humphry: 43
Ingrid: 39
Telly: 6
Rosita: 8
Glayds: 30
Hoots: 59
Baby Natasha: 1
Grungetta: 36
Irvine: 2
Snuffy: 8
Alice: 3

Thats all I can think of right now. You can copy my list, edit it, and even add your own if you'd like.

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
I dunno if this was done or not, but seeing the one in Classic Muppets got me to thinking. And not going by there birthdays, or how old they say they are, how old do you think some of the Muppet cast of Sesame Street is. And don't go into really obscure characters too. :stick_out_tongue:

Kermit: 25
Big Bird: 7
Ernie: This one's a toughy. I say around 19
Bert: Another toughy, 21?
Oscar: 43. He's been around the block a couple of times, knows what's going on.
Count: If he's truely a vampire, he must be over 1000, but if he isn't, I'd say 32
Cookie Monster: Another toughy. I say around 9
Elmo: 4
Abby: 5
Grover: 8
Sherlock: 32
Biff: 42
Sully: 52
Herry: 10
Baby Bear: 12
Humphry: 43
Ingrid: 39
Telly: 6
Rosita: 8
Glayds: 30
Hoots: 59
Baby Natasha: 1
Grungetta: 36
Irvine: 2
Snuffy: 8
Alice: 3

Thats all I can think of right now. You can copy my list, edit it, and even add your own if you'd like.
Man, like, half of these are wrong. For a start, Baby Bear and Rosita are 4, Elmo, Abby and Zoe are 3 1/2, Big Bird is 6, Grover is 4, I think Ernie is meant to be 5 and Bert 7, but I'm not sure.
Alice is 2. But all of theese I know are offical. Look up the wiki for the real deal :search:. Also, SW has press releases showing the age that the characters are written for.

Redsonga

Reaction score
Kermit: 27...although I might keep pushing the age up as I get older. I don't think he really needs an age, he just is, like the sun on a lilypad:smile:
Big Bird: 6
Ernie: 5
Bert: I thought he might be eight? :3
Oscar: 43, He said so!:grouchy:
Count: 1,832,652
Cookie Monster: 3-ish : )
Elmo:3
Abby:3 (I could have sworn Abby was somehow a little bit younger that the rest, or did I just imagine that?)
Grover:4
Herry: 6
Baby Bear: 4
Telly: 5
Rosita: 4
Baby Natasha: 7 months I think, she is a very smart baby :smile:
Grungetta: 30-something
Snuffy: 6
Alice: 2

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
Kermit: 27...although I might keep pushing the age up as I get older. I don't think he really needs an age, he just is, like the sun on a lilypad:smile:
Elmo:3
Abby:3 (I could have sworn Abby was somehow a little bit younger that the rest, or did I just imagine that?)
Grover:4
Herry: 6
Telly: 5
Baby Natasha: 7 months I think, she is a very smart baby
Yeah this seems right. But I don't think that Cookie needs an age, because Cookie Monster has moments of both brilliance and stupidity, all to comedic effect. In fact, he taught me what Lachrymose means! I have always envisioned cookie as being ageless and timeless, as he works with all the characters. Elmo is 3 1/2, and Zoe was made to complement Elmo, so I take them as being 3 1/2, which would explain why Abby seems slighty younger. But one thing I do notice is that all of the characters, although written to be a certain age, seem ageless to me, knowing things and doing things that the kids their age in real life don't. That is one reason I like SST, all of the Muppets seem ageless and overall have such great comedic contrast.:insatiable:

Redsonga

Reaction score
I don't think they need ages really ether..at least I don't picture them by age except for the babies and the adults...For some reason Telly and Herry and Grover are the hardest for me to picture as any one age. Grover especially...I know what he was made to be but he is such a character I think he passed age a long time ago :smile:.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Redsonga said:
I forgot what I said on the Classic Muppets one ... grr...

Yeah, I see no real reason to mess with this one.

So, two roommates who don't live with any parents and dress in adult clothes ... are elementary school students? Sesame Street must have the most liberal child rights laws on the planet. I say early 20's for both of them.

Yeah.

Based on the way he dresses, I say no more than 300. He just strikes me as a Victorian type.

Like Animal, it's kinda hard to tell. Those two are so driven by their ids, I can't really specify an age.

*shudders to see a preschooler drool over a grown woman*

Abby can be younger and be the same age. Elmo and Zoe can be a later 3y/o, while Abby could be a younger 3y/o.

Again, Sesame Street has really liberal child labor laws if this is the case. I would put him 17-23. Young enough to still need his mother because he hasn't found the right job yet to provide financial stability.

Put a zero on the end of that and I will agree with it. He doesn't sound like Robin. He sounds like Pa.

Never saw enough of the kid to make a guess, but I suppose so.

He might not be any more than 15. I just can't see a 5-year-old acting like Telly.

Again, don't know enough about the kid to guess.
Baby Natasha: 7 months I think, she is a very smart baby :smile:
Don't see any problems with those either.

I don't know. Their situation isn't like the Classic Muppet situation. I'm willing to see Big Bird as young (less than 10) because I've never seen him off-street making adult jokes, like Grover and Elmo have. I see some of those characters as acting certain ages for the sake of the show. The way I see SS, a poor neighborhood got together and started their own educational show to make money. That would explain how some characters like Ernie and Bert can live alone without any evidence of jobs. This is also why the company is called "Sesame Workshop", like every inhabitant of SS is a co-owner or co-stockholder or something. I tend to believe that Muppets age slower than most of us, and chronologically they are way older than they say they are, but mentally they are the ages presented.

Redsonga

Reaction score
I was going by stated ages, not made up ones for the most part.
My take on the SST world:
To me SST is a magical place like FR, not everyone can get to it, so our laws and the ideas of having jobs, living alone, and making money don't count IMHO, they only play at it to teach in their world. Most of them just don't have parents and like fraggles, after they are babies, don't need much looking after because everyone looks after each other. Only the best sort of our worlds people who would not harm this world are allowed to live there or visit :3. I don't see anything that happens off the show as 'real' to them. The Elmo in JDs daydream wasn't really Elmo after all, it was JDs dream of Elmo. He could have had him doing anything :stick_out_tongue:.
And Herry's voice is like that because he is a little monster, not the same kind as a gorg even. Who knows how scary a full grown one really sounds, me thinks they did some voice editing on Herry's daddy to keep the scary truth from frightening children :confused: <----My idea about Herry since I was knee high to a grasshopper. I always did love Herry...

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Redsonga said:
I was going by stated ages, not made up ones for the most part.
My take on the SST world:
To me SST is a magical place like FR, not everyone can get to it, so our laws and the ideas of having jobs, living alone, and making money don't count IMHO, they only play at it to teach in their world.
That's an interesting take. It's even more interesting that we agree that they're just doing this stuff for educational purposes. It's just I see SS as real world and you see it as magical.

Most of them just don't have parents and like fraggles, after they are babies, don't need much looking after because everyone looks after each other.
Maybe.

The Elmo in JDs daydream wasn't really Elmo after all, it was JDs dream of Elmo. He could have had him doing anything :stick_out_tongue:.
Point taken.

And Herry's voice is like that because he is a little monster, not the same kind as a gorg even. Who knows how scary a full grown one really sounds, me thinks they did some voice editing on Herry's daddy to keep the scary truth from frightening children :confused: <----My idea about Herry since I was knee high to a grasshopper. I always did love Herry...
LOL ... I didn't even know Herry had a father. :big_grin: But still, Jerry had "kid" voices ... and Herry's isn't that.

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
Everytime I see Telly, I always think older kid. Maybe between eight and twelve. I know he's meant to be younger, but he just comes off as being older to me.

Though I think that ageless is a very good way of putting it for all the characters, really. I mean, most come off as being kids, but the adult line is very fuzzy. Though logic says they should be adults, they all have childlike qualities. It's like Neverland, if that makes any sense.

LamangoNumber2

Reaction score
Man, like, half of these are wrong. For a start, Baby Bear and Rosita are 4, Elmo, Abby and Zoe are 3 1/2, Big Bird is 6, Grover is 4, I think Ernie is meant to be 5 and Bert 7, but I'm not sure.
Alice is 2. But all of theese I know are offical. Look up the wiki for the real deal :search:. Also, SW has press releases showing the age that the characters are written for.
I dunno if this was done or not, but seeing the one in Classic Muppets got me to thinking. And not going by there birthdays, or how old they say they are, how old do you think some of the Muppet cast of Sesame Street is.
Well lookie here! Someone doesn't read!