1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

The Street We Live On DVD

Discussion in 'Sesame Merchandise' started by alizakaila, Aug 3, 2004.

1. alizakaila

alizakaila New Member

I saw it today at target for $9.99 but there was no indication if any additional skits/songs were on it other than what aired on PBS in April. Please advise what is on the disk besides the special. Are there any added minutes or added scenes? are there any added sesame street moments like on the what's the name of that song dvd.
    thx
  2. Tim Kelly

Tim Kelly Member

Sadly, the timeline montage and "Mahna Mahna" have been omitted, and there are NO bonus features. Still, it's a beautiful special and I'm glad I bought it.
  3. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

I was going to buy it but then i seen the Princess Diaries SE DVD and i bought that, but when i get payed on friday i WILL buy it ;) also this is the VERY 1st thing i seen have (c) Muppets Holding Company, LLC for the Muppets (kermit) on it :)
  4. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

What do ya mean "What"? :attitude:
  5. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Your sentence structure makes it sound like the Princess Diaries SE DVD is the first thing to contain (c) Muppets Holding Company, LLC on it. What were you trying to say?

Please take the time to re-read your messages before you post them. It's always a good idea to run your text through a spell checker as well. People will take your comments a lot more seriously that way.
  6. Why would the Muppets be on that DVD anywho?
  7. Jonathan

Jonathan New Member

Got to go buy BOTH now!!!! :)
  8. alizakaila

alizakaila New Member

it's somewhat disappointing that there were no skits and the montage was missing at the end. I do not understand why the powers that be do not seem to be reading these boards and including our suggestions.
  9. You see, all those Elmo pajama-wearing kids don't like seeing (in their words) "old and lame stuff like that". They only want Elmo.

Elmo = Sales!
  10. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

That galvenizes my choice... I won't get the darn thing, since I can pay 2 bucks for a Blank tape and wait for it to be on again to see the whole thing. I mean, what will they have lost if they didn't make the DVD the same? Things were going so well with "What's the name of that song?" and they had to muck this special up.... dagnabbit...

Either they're too busy or they don';t seem to care.... I guess it's true, Elmo= Money. I'm disappointed too, but then again, since the money goes back in to making more SW projects, maybe we'll see more than 26 episodes a season in the next few years....
  11. floydnjanicefan

floydnjanicefan Active Member

To bad that the montage is not included on the DVD. That was my favorite part of the special - it made be feel all warm and fuzzy. For me, it made the special worth watching. Good thing that I got it on tape the first time it aired.
  12. sesamestreetmom

sesamestreetmom New Member

Is there any way to know ahead of time when it will air again? I, too, was disappointed when I saw that the episode was different than the dvd. I loved the ending of the show and I would love to get the WHOLE THING on tape.